The Body Shop Cranberry Joy Body Butter

Filtered by hair type : Straight
The Body Shop Cranberry Joy Body Butter

4.3

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I stocked up on a bunch of these products (body butter, hand cream, body spray, lip balm, body scrub and shower gel) during the 50% off "Joy" bag sale while they were discounted after Christmas...so I got a ton of stuff and barely cleared $50 (I also got a bunch of the strawberry stuff too)...in any event, I bought it blind unsniffed online because it sounded good and it was dirt cheap and I am SOOOO glad I did! It's fruity without smelling like Hannah Montana perfume, KWIM? I absolutely love this stuff and am glad I stocked up since I won't be able to buy more until next Christmas. Luckily I think I bought enough to take me through! It's crisp and tart and sweet all at the same time. I am really enjoying this smell but might not be able to pull it off in the middle of So Cal Summer as it would get cloying, but for the slightly cooler winter/spring/fall temp, it's perfect. Will be in heavy rotation for sure.

I love the smell of this. Great for moisturizing. I got mine on clearance for 8dollars after christmas! The body shop often has great deals and being a member reallyREALLY pays off. Also, the body butters are just so great I truly recommend this. My skin gets those tiny bumps of dry skin and this is one of the only things (along with other body shop items) that helps! Plus, it smells divine.

on 1/1/2011 6:05:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

What it Claims:
"Hydrates.
Leaves skin feeling soft and smooth.
Buttery texture.
Fresh berry scent."

Claims - True or False?
1) "Hydrates.": True. It hydrates my dry skin really well.
2) "Leaves skin feeling soft and smooth.": True. It left my skin soft and supple.
3) "Buttery texture.": True. It has a thicker texture than most body butters.
4) "Fresh berry scent.": True. It has a really tart fruity scent.

Packaging:
I really like the packaging. It is really easy to open and close, and is portable.

Smell:
This body butter has a really tart berry scent. It smells exactly like cranberries.

Consistency:
It has a thicker texture than most body butters. I really like the consistency, especially in the dry winter months.

Ease of Use:
It is really easy to use. It absorbs into my skin really quickly, and keeps it moisturized for many hours.

Bang for your Buck:
One 200 mL tub of Cranberry Body Butter costs 20.00 CAD. I recommend waiting after christmas to buy it, because it is much cheaper. I got mine for 8.00 CAD after christmas.

Final Consensus:
This is a really great product. I personally don't like the tart smell as much, but it is really moisturizing. I will not be buying this product again, because I don't like the smell.

Overall Rating: 35
Price: 3/5
Packaging Quality: 5/5
Would you buy this product again: No.

on 11/18/2010 1:36:00 PM

The first time I went into The Body Shop to look at this years holiday collections I didn't like Cranberry Joy, instead bought a bunch of the vanilla stuff. But I got a free sample of the cranberry joy body scrub and found myself liking it more and more. It is different than last year's cranberry, which I loved, but still enjoyable. As with all of body shop's body butters the moisturizing is good, and the scent lasts but is not overpowering.

Popular Lotions / Creams