The Body Shop Cranberry Joy Body Butter

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
The Body Shop Cranberry Joy Body Butter

4.2

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 1/31/2014 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love the scent of this body butter, and it is also very moisturising and creamy! It doesn't make your skin to feel to oily but moisturise perfectly enough just to make your skin feel super smooth. The one problem I have with these Body Shop body butter is that they are so expensive! $21 a pop is to much as it isn't giving me that much of a WOW factor. Maybe it's because they are using a lot of natural ingredients, but it isn't enough to make me buy another one. It's good quality its just it isn't worth the price :(

on 11/14/2011 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this in a holiday set last year. When I finally decided to try it out I LOVED the scent it is a sweet and tart combination. The butter itself is moisturizing as are most of the other Body Shop butters, no complaints in that area. The scent lingers for hours also. One complaint I had was waiting so long to try it out. When I realized how much I enjoyed it was already to late to purchase more since it is a seasonal item! I've already stocked up on 3 to get me through the year, not risking withdrawls lol... The home fragrance oil is wonderful also!

I love the smell of this. Great for moisturizing. I got mine on clearance for 8dollars after christmas! The body shop often has great deals and being a member reallyREALLY pays off. Also, the body butters are just so great I truly recommend this. My skin gets those tiny bumps of dry skin and this is one of the only things (along with other body shop items) that helps! Plus, it smells divine.

on 2/21/2011 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this after Christmas, so I was lucky enough to pay $2.00 for the body butter. I like the consistency, and it seeps into your skin quickly. Actually, it's more like a hand cream than a body butter. IMO, it doesn't smell like cranberries. It has a fruity scent, more like peaches to me. I would not have spent full price for this product. It works well by my nightstand for my hands and cuticles at bedtime...

on 1/1/2011 6:05:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

What it Claims:
"Hydrates.
Leaves skin feeling soft and smooth.
Buttery texture.
Fresh berry scent."

Claims - True or False?
1) "Hydrates.": True. It hydrates my dry skin really well.
2) "Leaves skin feeling soft and smooth.": True. It left my skin soft and supple.
3) "Buttery texture.": True. It has a thicker texture than most body butters.
4) "Fresh berry scent.": True. It has a really tart fruity scent.

Packaging:
I really like the packaging. It is really easy to open and close, and is portable.

Smell:
This body butter has a really tart berry scent. It smells exactly like cranberries.

Consistency:
It has a thicker texture than most body butters. I really like the consistency, especially in the dry winter months.

Ease of Use:
It is really easy to use. It absorbs into my skin really quickly, and keeps it moisturized for many hours.

Bang for your Buck:
One 200 mL tub of Cranberry Body Butter costs 20.00 CAD. I recommend waiting after christmas to buy it, because it is much cheaper. I got mine for 8.00 CAD after christmas.

Final Consensus:
This is a really great product. I personally don't like the tart smell as much, but it is really moisturizing. I will not be buying this product again, because I don't like the smell.

Overall Rating: 35
Price: 3/5
Packaging Quality: 5/5
Would you buy this product again: No.

on 11/18/2010 1:36:00 PM

The first time I went into The Body Shop to look at this years holiday collections I didn't like Cranberry Joy, instead bought a bunch of the vanilla stuff. But I got a free sample of the cranberry joy body scrub and found myself liking it more and more. It is different than last year's cranberry, which I loved, but still enjoyable. As with all of body shop's body butters the moisturizing is good, and the scent lasts but is not overpowering.