The Body Shop Cranberry Joy Body Butter

The Body Shop Cranberry Joy Body Butter

3.9

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 11/4/2010 5:13:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

So one of the body shops most famous products is back. Not something to write home about as you either love or hate it. This years formula smells the same but less plastic-y than last year. If you like it you won't be disappointed but it doesn't bring joy to me. Decently moisturizing.

Btw what's with the Xmas packaging this year?! I'm I the only one who doesn't like it??!

on 12/26/2014 9:45:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Alright so i got this on sale for 5 bucks and i was low on my coconut butter so i thought well ill give it a try considering it was 20$ previously . Its just fair i like scents that linger like chocomania and moringa ,. It sorta made me feel greasy ..i use it about once a week after exfoliating with bath gloves and the cranberry joy wash ..and sometimes when going to the bfs house i much rather sorbets or the shimmer lotions theirs not as much of a greasy feel over all its decent for moisturizing i just wish the smell stayed and it dident make me feel greasy i wouldn't buy again because i love to explore with scents until i find my signature hg

on 12/18/2012 7:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I absolutely loved the smell of this in the tub, but after applying it on the smell changes, and I'm not a fan of it. I love the berry scent, but I guess it doesn't match with my body chemistry. My colleague bought a tub and absolutely love hers though, so I suggest maybe trying it out before buying.

Works really well, really moisturizing and melts right into my skin without any greasy residue. Disappointingly, it smells like stale beer though, so it's not the best choice for wearing for everyday, I just use it at night after I shower and the smell wears off on my sheets while I'm sleeping. It smelled soo much different to me in the store so I wasn't expecting that haha. That's the only reason I wouldn't buy it again, plus the price of TBS body butters...I got this one for a huge discount during their holiday sales this year so I was lucky.

on 1/1/2011 6:05:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

What it Claims:
"Hydrates.
Leaves skin feeling soft and smooth.
Buttery texture.
Fresh berry scent."

Claims - True or False?
1) "Hydrates.": True. It hydrates my dry skin really well.
2) "Leaves skin feeling soft and smooth.": True. It left my skin soft and supple.
3) "Buttery texture.": True. It has a thicker texture than most body butters.
4) "Fresh berry scent.": True. It has a really tart fruity scent.

Packaging:
I really like the packaging. It is really easy to open and close, and is portable.

Smell:
This body butter has a really tart berry scent. It smells exactly like cranberries.

Consistency:
It has a thicker texture than most body butters. I really like the consistency, especially in the dry winter months.

Ease of Use:
It is really easy to use. It absorbs into my skin really quickly, and keeps it moisturized for many hours.

Bang for your Buck:
One 200 mL tub of Cranberry Body Butter costs 20.00 CAD. I recommend waiting after christmas to buy it, because it is much cheaper. I got mine for 8.00 CAD after christmas.

Final Consensus:
This is a really great product. I personally don't like the tart smell as much, but it is really moisturizing. I will not be buying this product again, because I don't like the smell.

Overall Rating: 35
Price: 3/5
Packaging Quality: 5/5
Would you buy this product again: No.

on 1/31/2014 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love the scent of this body butter, and it is also very moisturising and creamy! It doesn't make your skin to feel to oily but moisturise perfectly enough just to make your skin feel super smooth. The one problem I have with these Body Shop body butter is that they are so expensive! $21 a pop is to much as it isn't giving me that much of a WOW factor. Maybe it's because they are using a lot of natural ingredients, but it isn't enough to make me buy another one. It's good quality its just it isn't worth the price :(

on 2/21/2011 10:16:00 PM

I got this as a clearence for 5 dollars on their website. It smells good and is very moisturizing. These are usually 15/20 bucks. So it was a great deal for an amazing product only downside is i'm pretty sure this Limited edition/ or seasonal.

on 2/21/2011 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this after Christmas, so I was lucky enough to pay $2.00 for the body butter. I like the consistency, and it seeps into your skin quickly. Actually, it's more like a hand cream than a body butter. IMO, it doesn't smell like cranberries. It has a fruity scent, more like peaches to me. I would not have spent full price for this product. It works well by my nightstand for my hands and cuticles at bedtime...

on 11/18/2010 1:36:00 PM

The first time I went into The Body Shop to look at this years holiday collections I didn't like Cranberry Joy, instead bought a bunch of the vanilla stuff. But I got a free sample of the cranberry joy body scrub and found myself liking it more and more. It is different than last year's cranberry, which I loved, but still enjoyable. As with all of body shop's body butters the moisturizing is good, and the scent lasts but is not overpowering.

I bought this product online with the black Friday sales thinking this was the scent from my high school days that I was remembering. I don't know if I remembered wrong, or if it's changed. Either way it still smells pretty good. Very moisturizing works well on my hands on body. But on my feet is where I really notice the difference! They have worked a miracle on my lizard feet. Worth every cent just for that. I slather on before I go to bed and I have supersoft tootsies even in the winter, which is no easy feet (typo but I'm keeping it! Thanks iPhone dictaphone. Love this stuff!

Popular Lotions / Creams