Philosophy Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleansing Cloths

Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleansing Cloths

2.3

on 2/22/2013 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I am reviewing the new and improved packaging and product of philosophy cleansing cloths. The package closes nicely so the wipes do not dry out. They smell awesome and clean the makeup off my face so I don't ruin all of my white wash cloths. However they do not do a superb job with removing eye makeup. But no cloth I have ever used has . I usually use the generic neutrogena makeup removing wise that are about 30 in a pack for $5. They are much more economical than the purity ones. But if I want something more luxurious I use the purity wipes. I don't think they do a better job at removing makeup than the cheap ones. It came in a pack with purity made simple at ulta. I wipe my makeup off with the wipes then follow up with the purity made simple wash and a warm wash cloth. I have no makeup left over on my face when I swipe my face with my aqua glycolic toner. Then I follow up with the aqua glycolic face cream (awesome btw). Great routine that works for me!

on 8/20/2011 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

Tried these for the first time last night and...hated it!
It clearly states on the packaging, "mild tingling may occur on initial application" but that is a serious understatement. After using these, I would describe it more as burning, not tingling and my skin is by no means sensitive. Second, it did not remove my makeup very well. I had to go over my face a few times to get it all off. When I was done It left a sticky film on my face and I felt like I needed to rinse afterwards. This is definitely NOT a "One-Step" as they claim. I'd never by these again.

on 7/28/2011 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I generally like Philosophy products, but this one was a total failure in my book. I hoped it would be perfect for on the go cleansing, but instead it left my skin burning and red. This is a product that ended up in the trash which was a shame considering it's price.