Philosophy Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleansing Cloths

Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleansing Cloths

2.7

on 10/9/2017 10:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This are ok if you're in a total hurry or on a vacation but they're not that great for every day. They're a bit dry and rough. The packaging is nice - the snap closure prevents them from drying out.

Would I repurchase? No. You can get baby wipes at the drugstore for way cheaper and they do the same thing.

on 6/11/2017 6:51:00 PM

Purity - One step Facial Cleaning Cloths - I got this in one of my swap boxes. It's a sample size. It is convenient when on the go. Very moisturizing when taking off make-up and dirt. Smells fresh and leaves your skin clean. I have purchased a full size package and it was the same. Very happy!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Overall, I am rather disappointed in these. These really should be used as an evening cleanser/makeup remover towelette and not a replacement for the Purity original cleanser or any other cleanser at all, not because they don't clean the skin. They seem to. BUT this formula does STING when applied onto bare skin for either a morning cleanse or just as a step to a facial treatment. Having makeup on your face initially before using these I think provides a barrier between some of the more abrasive ingredients in this formula and your skin. These do a decent job at removing the actual makeup and even eye makeup, yes, I was brave enough to try it on my eyes, and ironically the formula did not sting them (for me personally) at all like it did the rest of my face.

As an actress, I often have need for quick, on-the-go cleansing to at least remove my makeup before I can do my usual skincare routine at home before bed, cleansing wipes would work great for this, but I have heard others reference wipes that are allegedly more effective and quick at removing makeup than these. The Purity formula may host ingredients that are good for skincare treatment and health, but they way they seem to be housed in the cloths causes my face to sting in away the Original Purity cleanser did/does not. So i am off to find more cleansing wipes.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

These are AWFUL. I have to scrub, scrub, scrub my poor face to get them to remove makeup. But worst of all, they make my skin and my eyes BURN! After using them for a few consecutive nights, I started to get hives on my eyelids. I can't believe I bought a whole pack of these with checking MUA first.

on 8/23/2011 2:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

To all the women who complain:

You have to find what's right for you. If it burns your skin, it's not right for you. So return them and don't buy them again. Simple as that.

I've bought two of the packages when they were half off. I actually love them. If I'm tired, in a hurry or need extra makeup removal, I use them. I don't really notice a burn except around my nose and mouth which has always been sensitive. I just rinse it off with water or leave it. These don't remove as much as a liquid cleanser will, but they are good enough. I bring them to work and wipe off my face if I've smudged something or sweat so much (hot climate where I live) and need to touch things up.

on 7/28/2011 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I generally like Philosophy products, but this one was a total failure in my book. I hoped it would be perfect for on the go cleansing, but instead it left my skin burning and red. This is a product that ended up in the trash which was a shame considering it's price.

on 12/16/2010 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I use this at night time, as I find it cleanses well (normally sunscreen + concealor + blush) and my skin doesn't feel dry or filmy afterwards. I don't know if it takes off eye makeup/mascara because I use tubing mascara and don't often wear eye shadows so I have yet to try. It has a milky texture and easy to spread on damp face, I just massage all over my face and it rinses clean with warm water. The only drawback is that it does sting the eyes a little, or maybe I just rub it too hard on my eyes because I don't get that everytime. FYI, I purchased the 32oz version which I find the price is acceptable, and the bottle comes with a pump which I love.