Philosophy Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleansing Cloths

Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleansing Cloths

2.3

on 10/17/2017 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is an ok facial wipe. I'm not a fan of wipes in general, but in a rush this is way better than going to bed with a face full of makeup and spf. I don't purchase this product, but I have received "gwp" when I buy jumbo philosophy skin care or bath/body items. They do an ok job. I feel a drug store wipe for a fraction of the cost would work just as well.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Strangely enough, even though I have never had any luck with Philosophy skin care, I do like these wipes a lot. Ulta had an opened package of these out on a makeover counter and I tried one while having a swatchfest. I loved the clean fresh soft subtle non-overpowering scent. I decided I must have them. Now, these are currently $15.00USD for 30 cloths, so these are pretty steep imho price-wise. If money is no factor, that price point might not bother you, or if you just really enjoy the product.

First off, for me, this is not something I would use daily nor nightly. I bought these for the soul purpose of weekend getaways, vacations, that sort of thing, We will be going away next month for vacation, so I figured these will come in handy. These do, for me, remove light eye makeup and other face makeup, but again, not something I would use on their own nor daily. For me, I just feel like I need a regular face wash and/or scrub. But in a pinch, on those lazy days where you just can't deal with your regular skin care routine, or for the simple sake of convenience, these definitely fill a purpose.

So, while these are not by any means something I would calculate into my regular skin care routine, I do like these quite well for a face wipe., and if I need face wipes again, I will definitely repurchase these.

I will say, while I seem to be allergic to pretty much any Philosophy skin care I've ever tried, these actually feel really comfortable in my face, no reaction, and no irritation of my skin or nose like I get with other Philosophy skin care products. These just leave my skin feeling adequately cleaned, freshened up, refreshed, and not drying at all, even leaves my skin feeling a little soft. Very pleased. Again, not something I look to add to my regular routine, but I would repurchase in the future if the need arises. For example, I went through some health issues for a while where I was not doing the full skin care routine. If I get to that unfortunate situation again or a similar one, I will be glad for these, as they work very nicely for their purpose.

on 10/12/2014 8:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I have used the regular Purity cleanser, and thought I would try the cleansing cloths since I normally use the ones that MAC makes. I HATE these. They are not effective at all, usually have to use more than one to get my face feeling clean (and then I still feel the need to use something else to cleanse my face). I really expected more, but hey, you don't know until you try.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

These did not remove my makeup as well as the Neutrogena wipes do. Also, this product did cause a stinging/burning sensation that was very uncomfortable. I had to wash it off right away. I would not dare try to remove eye makeup with it.

on 11/19/2011 7:30:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I have a love hate relationship with the philosophy brand- until now i have hated every facial skin care product i have tried from them-moisturizer, eye cream, facial wash, spot treatments etc. the only thing i ever loved was their 3-in-1s which i only used as shower gel never as bubble bath or (shudder) shampoo. but i digress since this is a review for the facial cleansing cloths. knowing my usual disdain for all philo skin care i only tried one because i had a couple individual sample packets from sephora and had run out of my olay facial cloths. this worked well but tingled a little. alot easier to use than the olay ones that had to be washed off and i am all about easy so i considered buying them online. However at $20 they seemed a little pricey so i opted for another kind and didnt think much about it until i was at marshalls waiting for my daughter outside the fitting room and a pack of them were sitting right there on the counter beckoning me. only 12.99 so i got them and am very satisfied with them. not really feeling any tingling anymore and i find that they take off all my eye and facial makeup (and i wear alot) so i would repurchase at the lower price definitely!

I received a free sample of this from Sephora. This product has less makeup removing power than Neutrogena cloths, which is cheaper. Also, the formula seems a bit harsh considering it gave my face quite a burning sensation. I would suggest giving Neutrogena cloths a shot before you try this.

on 5/20/2011 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I received this as a sample and I absolutely hated it! I don't have sensitive skin at all, but this burned like crazy! I know that it says on the package that it can, but this just doesn't seem right to me. I even rinsed it off and now my skin feels awful. I love purity made simple, but I would never buy these.

on 4/9/2011 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

First let me say that I have used the Purity cleanser and I did like it. Not enough to switch my current cleanser for it but I digress! I just used one of these wipes tonight for the very first time and OH MY GOSH it burns! I had to run to the sink, get out my MK cleanser and wash my face off! It's been an hour since this and my face is still irritated and red! I do NOT have sensitive skin, it's always been very resilient. It can always tolerate how I experiment on it, lol. So bummed now...these must go back to the store and now I have to find a new wipe.

on 10/18/2010 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Ho-ly crap. I really do not like these! They cost around $20 which I picked up at my local Ulta, so the price for 45 cloths is fairly decent. The packaging is simple, and it seems as if it would keep the product from drying out, but I didn't get far enough to know. I will mention that I was carrying one around the store, and some moisture from the packaging fell out onto my hand, which I traded out for the one I eventually bought.

If you have sensitive skin, stay the heck away from these! I thought I would try them to take on a trip with me, since there isn't a chance of this spilling all over my bags, but I am glad I tried one before I took them with me.

I have sensitive skin, not overly so, and I love the regular Purity Made Simple cleanser. These however, are nothing like it. The second It touched my skin, it started to burn, but me and my genius self decided to just deal with it until I had used it on my entire face. Big mistake. Even after using their Hope in a Jar moisturizer, my face was red and blotchy for more than an hour. To the credit of the product, the back of the package does say "Mild tingling may occur on initial application" but what I experienced goes far beyond tingling. They are going back to the store ASAP.

Other note-worthy aspects:
Packaging 6/10
"Cleansing Power" 3/10
Price for amount 8/10

Philosophy, I really do love you, but this is in my opinion your worst failure.