Philosophy Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleansing Cloths

Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleansing Cloths

2.0

on 2/22/2013 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I am reviewing the new and improved packaging and product of philosophy cleansing cloths. The package closes nicely so the wipes do not dry out. They smell awesome and clean the makeup off my face so I don't ruin all of my white wash cloths. However they do not do a superb job with removing eye makeup. But no cloth I have ever used has . I usually use the generic neutrogena makeup removing wise that are about 30 in a pack for $5. They are much more economical than the purity ones. But if I want something more luxurious I use the purity wipes. I don't think they do a better job at removing makeup than the cheap ones. It came in a pack with purity made simple at ulta. I wipe my makeup off with the wipes then follow up with the purity made simple wash and a warm wash cloth. I have no makeup left over on my face when I swipe my face with my aqua glycolic toner. Then I follow up with the aqua glycolic face cream (awesome btw). Great routine that works for me!

Blech! I love Purity cleanser and hoped I'd love the wipes too. They do nothing except leave a gross film. My face feels dirtier than before and I'm not even wearing any makeup. Worthless.

on 12/22/2010 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

Like every other Philosophy product I've tried, I did not like this cleansing cloth/wipe. Fortunately I received a sample wipe and did not actually spend money on this. First thing I noticed when using this is that it STINGS. In order to get mascara off, you will have to put this in close contact with your eye and it stung. It also stung the skin a little, but since I spent most of my time attempting to remove my eye makeup, the stinging was most noticeable in the skin surrounding my eyes. It did, however, remove eye makeup reasonably well (MAC Fluidline, eyeshadow, Shiseido mascara base and waterproof mascara). It also removed my foundation and concealer. I would not repurchase these due to 1) the price and 2) the stinging. I'll stick to my Target brand wipes for $4/pack!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

These would never be something I could use without water....I don't know who formulated these thinking you could. Purity is my HG cleanser and these are about as far away as you can get from that!..
They didn't remove my waterproof mascara, and left my skin kinda stingy and red! I have been using them at night before I shower as a face makeup remover,after using a seperate eye makeup remover..
Too expensive for just a makeup wipe and useless as a one-step.

Will not repurchase and do not recommend....try the Target version of Neutrogena wipes instead