Philosophy Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleansing Cloths

Philosophy Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleansing Cloths
Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleansing Cloths

3.0

on 6/11/2017 6:51:00 PM

Purity - One step Facial Cleaning Cloths - I got this in one of my swap boxes. It's a sample size. It is convenient when on the go. Very moisturizing when taking off make-up and dirt. Smells fresh and leaves your skin clean. I have purchased a full size package and it was the same. Very happy!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Strangely enough, even though I have never had any luck with Philosophy skin care, I do like these wipes a lot. Ulta had an opened package of these out on a makeover counter and I tried one while having a swatchfest. I loved the clean fresh soft subtle non-overpowering scent. I decided I must have them. Now, these are currently $15.00USD for 30 cloths, so these are pretty steep imho price-wise. If money is no factor, that price point might not bother you, or if you just really enjoy the product.

First off, for me, this is not something I would use daily nor nightly. I bought these for the soul purpose of weekend getaways, vacations, that sort of thing, We will be going away next month for vacation, so I figured these will come in handy. These do, for me, remove light eye makeup and other face makeup, but again, not something I would use on their own nor daily. For me, I just feel like I need a regular face wash and/or scrub. But in a pinch, on those lazy days where you just can't deal with your regular skin care routine, or for the simple sake of convenience, these definitely fill a purpose.

So, while these are not by any means something I would calculate into my regular skin care routine, I do like these quite well for a face wipe., and if I need face wipes again, I will definitely repurchase these.

I will say, while I seem to be allergic to pretty much any Philosophy skin care I've ever tried, these actually feel really comfortable in my face, no reaction, and no irritation of my skin or nose like I get with other Philosophy skin care products. These just leave my skin feeling adequately cleaned, freshened up, refreshed, and not drying at all, even leaves my skin feeling a little soft. Very pleased. Again, not something I look to add to my regular routine, but I would repurchase in the future if the need arises. For example, I went through some health issues for a while where I was not doing the full skin care routine. If I get to that unfortunate situation again or a similar one, I will be glad for these, as they work very nicely for their purpose.

on 1/24/2015 3:21:00 AM

i love philosophy but I was so disappointed with this product .. it smells weird.. makes my skin dry and does not work very well for me ....

These did not work for my face !! Broke me out, doesn't remove enough makeup. Like other reviewers said neutrogena wipes work much better at a fraction of the cost! So glad I got this in my gratis from philosophy, otherwise....not worth the $26 for 20 wipes.

on 2/22/2013 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I am reviewing the new and improved packaging and product of philosophy cleansing cloths. The package closes nicely so the wipes do not dry out. They smell awesome and clean the makeup off my face so I don't ruin all of my white wash cloths. However they do not do a superb job with removing eye makeup. But no cloth I have ever used has . I usually use the generic neutrogena makeup removing wise that are about 30 in a pack for $5. They are much more economical than the purity ones. But if I want something more luxurious I use the purity wipes. I don't think they do a better job at removing makeup than the cheap ones. It came in a pack with purity made simple at ulta. I wipe my makeup off with the wipes then follow up with the purity made simple wash and a warm wash cloth. I have no makeup left over on my face when I swipe my face with my aqua glycolic toner. Then I follow up with the aqua glycolic face cream (awesome btw). Great routine that works for me!

on 11/19/2011 7:30:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I have a love hate relationship with the philosophy brand- until now i have hated every facial skin care product i have tried from them-moisturizer, eye cream, facial wash, spot treatments etc. the only thing i ever loved was their 3-in-1s which i only used as shower gel never as bubble bath or (shudder) shampoo. but i digress since this is a review for the facial cleansing cloths. knowing my usual disdain for all philo skin care i only tried one because i had a couple individual sample packets from sephora and had run out of my olay facial cloths. this worked well but tingled a little. alot easier to use than the olay ones that had to be washed off and i am all about easy so i considered buying them online. However at $20 they seemed a little pricey so i opted for another kind and didnt think much about it until i was at marshalls waiting for my daughter outside the fitting room and a pack of them were sitting right there on the counter beckoning me. only 12.99 so i got them and am very satisfied with them. not really feeling any tingling anymore and i find that they take off all my eye and facial makeup (and i wear alot) so i would repurchase at the lower price definitely!

I received a free sample of this from Sephora. This product has less makeup removing power than Neutrogena cloths, which is cheaper. Also, the formula seems a bit harsh considering it gave my face quite a burning sensation. I would suggest giving Neutrogena cloths a shot before you try this.

Blech! I love Purity cleanser and hoped I'd love the wipes too. They do nothing except leave a gross film. My face feels dirtier than before and I'm not even wearing any makeup. Worthless.

on 6/28/2011 4:09:00 PM

I normally use Purity cleanser on a daily basis which I really like. So I purchased these clothes to use for when I need convenience like when traveling or when I get home late at night. I really like them. I can't believe the makeup that comes off with them. I do not break out from them like I did with the Neutrogena brand. Nor are these slimy feeling like the Neutrogena brand. I also like the scent. I think these are really good and I will repurchase.

on 4/18/2011 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

plain and simple. They do not work. I spent $20 on these thinking they would be best for my skin. The were abrasive, and burned my eye area. I had to run it across my face several times to get the makeup off, including the eye makeup. I bought some Olay cloths for $4 at CVS and they work better, clean better, and do not irritate my skin. they are not as abrasive either. This one is just a huge disappointment.