Philosophy Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleansing Cloths

2.0

on 12/16/2010 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I use this at night time, as I find it cleanses well (normally sunscreen + concealor + blush) and my skin doesn't feel dry or filmy afterwards. I don't know if it takes off eye makeup/mascara because I use tubing mascara and don't often wear eye shadows so I have yet to try. It has a milky texture and easy to spread on damp face, I just massage all over my face and it rinses clean with warm water. The only drawback is that it does sting the eyes a little, or maybe I just rub it too hard on my eyes because I don't get that everytime. FYI, I purchased the 32oz version which I find the price is acceptable, and the bottle comes with a pump which I love.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

These would never be something I could use without water....I don't know who formulated these thinking you could. Purity is my HG cleanser and these are about as far away as you can get from that!..
They didn't remove my waterproof mascara, and left my skin kinda stingy and red! I have been using them at night before I shower as a face makeup remover,after using a seperate eye makeup remover..
Too expensive for just a makeup wipe and useless as a one-step.

Will not repurchase and do not recommend....try the Target version of Neutrogena wipes instead

on 10/18/2010 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Ho-ly crap. I really do not like these! They cost around $20 which I picked up at my local Ulta, so the price for 45 cloths is fairly decent. The packaging is simple, and it seems as if it would keep the product from drying out, but I didn't get far enough to know. I will mention that I was carrying one around the store, and some moisture from the packaging fell out onto my hand, which I traded out for the one I eventually bought.

If you have sensitive skin, stay the heck away from these! I thought I would try them to take on a trip with me, since there isn't a chance of this spilling all over my bags, but I am glad I tried one before I took them with me.

I have sensitive skin, not overly so, and I love the regular Purity Made Simple cleanser. These however, are nothing like it. The second It touched my skin, it started to burn, but me and my genius self decided to just deal with it until I had used it on my entire face. Big mistake. Even after using their Hope in a Jar moisturizer, my face was red and blotchy for more than an hour. To the credit of the product, the back of the package does say "Mild tingling may occur on initial application" but what I experienced goes far beyond tingling. They are going back to the store ASAP.

Other note-worthy aspects:
Packaging 6/10
"Cleansing Power" 3/10
Price for amount 8/10

Philosophy, I really do love you, but this is in my opinion your worst failure.