Philosophy Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleansing Cloths

Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleansing Cloths

2.3

on 10/17/2017 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is an ok facial wipe. I'm not a fan of wipes in general, but in a rush this is way better than going to bed with a face full of makeup and spf. I don't purchase this product, but I have received "gwp" when I buy jumbo philosophy skin care or bath/body items. They do an ok job. I feel a drug store wipe for a fraction of the cost would work just as well.

on 10/9/2017 10:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This are ok if you're in a total hurry or on a vacation but they're not that great for every day. They're a bit dry and rough. The packaging is nice - the snap closure prevents them from drying out.

Would I repurchase? No. You can get baby wipes at the drugstore for way cheaper and they do the same thing.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Overall, I am rather disappointed in these. These really should be used as an evening cleanser/makeup remover towelette and not a replacement for the Purity original cleanser or any other cleanser at all, not because they don't clean the skin. They seem to. BUT this formula does STING when applied onto bare skin for either a morning cleanse or just as a step to a facial treatment. Having makeup on your face initially before using these I think provides a barrier between some of the more abrasive ingredients in this formula and your skin. These do a decent job at removing the actual makeup and even eye makeup, yes, I was brave enough to try it on my eyes, and ironically the formula did not sting them (for me personally) at all like it did the rest of my face.

As an actress, I often have need for quick, on-the-go cleansing to at least remove my makeup before I can do my usual skincare routine at home before bed, cleansing wipes would work great for this, but I have heard others reference wipes that are allegedly more effective and quick at removing makeup than these. The Purity formula may host ingredients that are good for skincare treatment and health, but they way they seem to be housed in the cloths causes my face to sting in away the Original Purity cleanser did/does not. So i am off to find more cleansing wipes.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

These are AWFUL. I have to scrub, scrub, scrub my poor face to get them to remove makeup. But worst of all, they make my skin and my eyes BURN! After using them for a few consecutive nights, I started to get hives on my eyelids. I can't believe I bought a whole pack of these with checking MUA first.

on 10/12/2014 8:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I have used the regular Purity cleanser, and thought I would try the cleansing cloths since I normally use the ones that MAC makes. I HATE these. They are not effective at all, usually have to use more than one to get my face feeling clean (and then I still feel the need to use something else to cleanse my face). I really expected more, but hey, you don't know until you try.

on 11/19/2011 7:30:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I have a love hate relationship with the philosophy brand- until now i have hated every facial skin care product i have tried from them-moisturizer, eye cream, facial wash, spot treatments etc. the only thing i ever loved was their 3-in-1s which i only used as shower gel never as bubble bath or (shudder) shampoo. but i digress since this is a review for the facial cleansing cloths. knowing my usual disdain for all philo skin care i only tried one because i had a couple individual sample packets from sephora and had run out of my olay facial cloths. this worked well but tingled a little. alot easier to use than the olay ones that had to be washed off and i am all about easy so i considered buying them online. However at $20 they seemed a little pricey so i opted for another kind and didnt think much about it until i was at marshalls waiting for my daughter outside the fitting room and a pack of them were sitting right there on the counter beckoning me. only 12.99 so i got them and am very satisfied with them. not really feeling any tingling anymore and i find that they take off all my eye and facial makeup (and i wear alot) so i would repurchase at the lower price definitely!

on 8/23/2011 2:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

To all the women who complain:

You have to find what's right for you. If it burns your skin, it's not right for you. So return them and don't buy them again. Simple as that.

I've bought two of the packages when they were half off. I actually love them. If I'm tired, in a hurry or need extra makeup removal, I use them. I don't really notice a burn except around my nose and mouth which has always been sensitive. I just rinse it off with water or leave it. These don't remove as much as a liquid cleanser will, but they are good enough. I bring them to work and wipe off my face if I've smudged something or sweat so much (hot climate where I live) and need to touch things up.

Blech! I love Purity cleanser and hoped I'd love the wipes too. They do nothing except leave a gross film. My face feels dirtier than before and I'm not even wearing any makeup. Worthless.

on 5/20/2011 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I received this as a sample and I absolutely hated it! I don't have sensitive skin at all, but this burned like crazy! I know that it says on the package that it can, but this just doesn't seem right to me. I even rinsed it off and now my skin feels awful. I love purity made simple, but I would never buy these.

on 4/9/2011 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

First let me say that I have used the Purity cleanser and I did like it. Not enough to switch my current cleanser for it but I digress! I just used one of these wipes tonight for the very first time and OH MY GOSH it burns! I had to run to the sink, get out my MK cleanser and wash my face off! It's been an hour since this and my face is still irritated and red! I do NOT have sensitive skin, it's always been very resilient. It can always tolerate how I experiment on it, lol. So bummed now...these must go back to the store and now I have to find a new wipe.