Philosophy Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleansing Cloths

Philosophy Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleansing Cloths
Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleansing Cloths

2.3

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Strangely enough, even though I have never had any luck with Philosophy skin care, I do like these wipes a lot. Ulta had an opened package of these out on a makeover counter and I tried one while having a swatchfest. I loved the clean fresh soft subtle non-overpowering scent. I decided I must have them. Now, these are currently $15.00USD for 30 cloths, so these are pretty steep imho price-wise. If money is no factor, that price point might not bother you, or if you just really enjoy the product.

First off, for me, this is not something I would use daily nor nightly. I bought these for the soul purpose of weekend getaways, vacations, that sort of thing, We will be going away next month for vacation, so I figured these will come in handy. These do, for me, remove light eye makeup and other face makeup, but again, not something I would use on their own nor daily. For me, I just feel like I need a regular face wash and/or scrub. But in a pinch, on those lazy days where you just can't deal with your regular skin care routine, or for the simple sake of convenience, these definitely fill a purpose.

So, while these are not by any means something I would calculate into my regular skin care routine, I do like these quite well for a face wipe., and if I need face wipes again, I will definitely repurchase these.

I will say, while I seem to be allergic to pretty much any Philosophy skin care I've ever tried, these actually feel really comfortable in my face, no reaction, and no irritation of my skin or nose like I get with other Philosophy skin care products. These just leave my skin feeling adequately cleaned, freshened up, refreshed, and not drying at all, even leaves my skin feeling a little soft. Very pleased. Again, not something I look to add to my regular routine, but I would repurchase in the future if the need arises. For example, I went through some health issues for a while where I was not doing the full skin care routine. If I get to that unfortunate situation again or a similar one, I will be glad for these, as they work very nicely for their purpose.

on 11/19/2011 7:30:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I have a love hate relationship with the philosophy brand- until now i have hated every facial skin care product i have tried from them-moisturizer, eye cream, facial wash, spot treatments etc. the only thing i ever loved was their 3-in-1s which i only used as shower gel never as bubble bath or (shudder) shampoo. but i digress since this is a review for the facial cleansing cloths. knowing my usual disdain for all philo skin care i only tried one because i had a couple individual sample packets from sephora and had run out of my olay facial cloths. this worked well but tingled a little. alot easier to use than the olay ones that had to be washed off and i am all about easy so i considered buying them online. However at $20 they seemed a little pricey so i opted for another kind and didnt think much about it until i was at marshalls waiting for my daughter outside the fitting room and a pack of them were sitting right there on the counter beckoning me. only 12.99 so i got them and am very satisfied with them. not really feeling any tingling anymore and i find that they take off all my eye and facial makeup (and i wear alot) so i would repurchase at the lower price definitely!

on 6/28/2011 4:09:00 PM

I normally use Purity cleanser on a daily basis which I really like. So I purchased these clothes to use for when I need convenience like when traveling or when I get home late at night. I really like them. I can't believe the makeup that comes off with them. I do not break out from them like I did with the Neutrogena brand. Nor are these slimy feeling like the Neutrogena brand. I also like the scent. I think these are really good and I will repurchase.

on 6/11/2017 6:51:00 PM

Purity - One step Facial Cleaning Cloths - I got this in one of my swap boxes. It's a sample size. It is convenient when on the go. Very moisturizing when taking off make-up and dirt. Smells fresh and leaves your skin clean. I have purchased a full size package and it was the same. Very happy!

on 2/22/2013 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I am reviewing the new and improved packaging and product of philosophy cleansing cloths. The package closes nicely so the wipes do not dry out. They smell awesome and clean the makeup off my face so I don't ruin all of my white wash cloths. However they do not do a superb job with removing eye makeup. But no cloth I have ever used has . I usually use the generic neutrogena makeup removing wise that are about 30 in a pack for $5. They are much more economical than the purity ones. But if I want something more luxurious I use the purity wipes. I don't think they do a better job at removing makeup than the cheap ones. It came in a pack with purity made simple at ulta. I wipe my makeup off with the wipes then follow up with the purity made simple wash and a warm wash cloth. I have no makeup left over on my face when I swipe my face with my aqua glycolic toner. Then I follow up with the aqua glycolic face cream (awesome btw). Great routine that works for me!

on 8/23/2011 2:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

To all the women who complain:

You have to find what's right for you. If it burns your skin, it's not right for you. So return them and don't buy them again. Simple as that.

I've bought two of the packages when they were half off. I actually love them. If I'm tired, in a hurry or need extra makeup removal, I use them. I don't really notice a burn except around my nose and mouth which has always been sensitive. I just rinse it off with water or leave it. These don't remove as much as a liquid cleanser will, but they are good enough. I bring them to work and wipe off my face if I've smudged something or sweat so much (hot climate where I live) and need to touch things up.

on 12/16/2010 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I use this at night time, as I find it cleanses well (normally sunscreen + concealor + blush) and my skin doesn't feel dry or filmy afterwards. I don't know if it takes off eye makeup/mascara because I use tubing mascara and don't often wear eye shadows so I have yet to try. It has a milky texture and easy to spread on damp face, I just massage all over my face and it rinses clean with warm water. The only drawback is that it does sting the eyes a little, or maybe I just rub it too hard on my eyes because I don't get that everytime. FYI, I purchased the 32oz version which I find the price is acceptable, and the bottle comes with a pump which I love.

on 10/17/2017 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is an ok facial wipe. I'm not a fan of wipes in general, but in a rush this is way better than going to bed with a face full of makeup and spf. I don't purchase this product, but I have received "gwp" when I buy jumbo philosophy skin care or bath/body items. They do an ok job. I feel a drug store wipe for a fraction of the cost would work just as well.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Overall, I am rather disappointed in these. These really should be used as an evening cleanser/makeup remover towelette and not a replacement for the Purity original cleanser or any other cleanser at all, not because they don't clean the skin. They seem to. BUT this formula does STING when applied onto bare skin for either a morning cleanse or just as a step to a facial treatment. Having makeup on your face initially before using these I think provides a barrier between some of the more abrasive ingredients in this formula and your skin. These do a decent job at removing the actual makeup and even eye makeup, yes, I was brave enough to try it on my eyes, and ironically the formula did not sting them (for me personally) at all like it did the rest of my face.

As an actress, I often have need for quick, on-the-go cleansing to at least remove my makeup before I can do my usual skincare routine at home before bed, cleansing wipes would work great for this, but I have heard others reference wipes that are allegedly more effective and quick at removing makeup than these. The Purity formula may host ingredients that are good for skincare treatment and health, but they way they seem to be housed in the cloths causes my face to sting in away the Original Purity cleanser did/does not. So i am off to find more cleansing wipes.

on 10/22/2010 2:35:00 PM

I bought these when I had Lasik and for 3 weeks I could not get my eyes close to water ( or MU either :O )

I had no problems with them removing the make-up I was able to wear, and once I could put on eye makeup, the wipes cleaned them and the mascara off very easly.

BUT - don't use these daily. They do not get your skin as clean as you think. I have taking another product's toner and wiped my face afterwards and found make-up still there. I would use this for situations like mine above, or over night trips etc, but not daily.