Aubrey Organics Oil Balancing Moisturizer

3.1

Not tested on animals

on 3/10/2012 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love the Aubrey Organics line, and rally wanted to like this product because of its natural ingredients. I was a bit disappointed with the lack of oil control, and the fact that it doesn't contain any sunscreen is also a concern of mine. Don't think I'll purchase this particular item again. (Also when I put foundation on top, it tends to ball/flake up on my nose a bit.)

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Like the previous reviewer, Kyakimochi, i could only bare a little over two and a half weeks using this product. I've tried other shine control products in the past like Garnier Shine Control but to no avail, so i decided to go for a more natural approach. Aubrey Organics seemed like the perfect contender as they boast using only %100 natural ingredients. But when it came down to it, Aubrey is no different from the other chemical based shine control products i've used. My normal cleanse-tone-moisturize routine, without this product, would see my face back to its oily self within an hour and a half. This so-called "Oil Balancing Moisturizer" made no difference to that at all! It didn't really moisturize nor did it dry out my skin, but it gave me an uncomfortably dry and tight feeling which is very off-putting for me personally. Approaching the second week of daily use, i noticed small bumps appearing on my face 0_o! This just didn't agree with my skin and was quite clearly useless, so i binned it.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hated this.

I don't know if I just didn't give it long enough to work, but two and a half weeks were my limit.

I bought the cleanser, toner, and moisturizer for oily skin from the aubrey line, and I didn't like it at all.

The cleanser made my skin very squeaky clean and tight, the toner was just alright.

But the moisturizer (my favorite part of the face routine) was just plain bad. It didn't break me out or anything, but it wasn't moisturizing at all. I know this is a product for oily skin, which I have, but everyone knows that oily skinned people need moisture to help them balance out their oil levels.

It was a thin moisturizer, I hated the smell, and it did absolutely nothing for me. I wouldn't recommend buying it, if you really want to try it, swap.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My favorite moisturizer! It's hard to find a good moisturizer for oily skin. many will cause pore clogging and breakouts. This does a wonderful job of giving you that little bit of moisture you need, while providing a matte finish. The smell is natural and pleasant! The only con is that the seal on the package doesn't hold so when I buy them they often have dried product around the opening. I do wish that the matte finish had more staying power, but I've never found any product that provided all-day matte finish. Extra points for the bottle being coded for recycling...wish the lid/cap was as well.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I like this :) I received a sample at Whole Foods. It smells rather strange o.O not in a bad way though! It really does make my skin look less oily! And best of all, it's natural. My skin type is normal, but sometimes my "T zone" looks a bit too shiny for my liking haha. So if you do have super oily skin, this is good!

on 8/26/2007 7:50:00 PM

My skin is combo- very shiny in the T zone and dry and flaky around my mouth. I was skeptical because I never found a product that controls oil and hydrates my skin. This does both. First, I love that it dries to a clean matte finish. It is not sticky and does not leave a pasty feel on your skin like other moisturizers for oily skin do (Ahava is the WORST and it does not control shine!) Also, there is no need to apply a heavier moisturizer to dry areas (something I had to do with other creams.) This product last all day as well. I never feel the need to wash my face again when I come home from work. This has not caused any breakouts yet, which is surprising because I am acne prone and try to buy non-comedogenic. I have had plesant results from other products in this line causing no breakouts as well.

I tried this on a whim at Whole Foods and they were nice enoungh to make me a sample that lasted about a week before I decided to buy. The scent is not bad. The fragence also fades immediatley after you put it on. My boyfriend, who is very sensitive to scents, has never said a word to me. Luckyvitamin.com has the best price for this product. Product claims to: Restores skin's natural moisture without clogging pores.
Helps keep the complexion clear and healthy with amino acids and goa herb.
Smooths and refreshes with witch hazel and organic aloe.

on 5/21/2006 8:51:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Received this in a swap. It is a really light moisturizer that absorbs fast (I can't vouch for oil-controlling properties, because my skin is drier). However, the smell is very odd, a strange herbal note combined with something stomach-turningly sweet. The good news is, it fades quickly. The product also leaked out of the stand-up tube whenever I flipped open the lid. For the price that it retails for, I would not buy, mostly because of the scent.

on 10/4/2005 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

The scent is very strange. It is a cross between I guess the mallow root in it, and maple syrup. The mallow root smell fades quickly and then the maple smell. It is strange but does not last long. Otherwise it is a decent light moituriser.

on 5/12/2005 3:43:00 PM

I just cannot get over the fragrance/odor of this product as far as being able to stand it during the day. I didn't find that this product really made a difference, so I returned it to the Aubrey website for exchange.

on 5/3/2005 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I really like Aubrey's Oil Balancing Moisturizer. I have acne and this never makes me break out. I love how it absorbs so quickly into my skin--no residue or greasy feel. Plus, it leaves a nice matte look to the skin. I think it has a nice smell and does a good job of moisturizing my oily, acne-prone skin. Plus, it's 100% natural (No nasty chemicals, dyes, or perfumes!) and Aubrey's products are never tested on animals. :)

Popular Face Skincare Products