Wella Blondor Oil and Powder Bleach

Wella Blondor Oil and Powder Bleach

on 5/19/2017 8:54:00 PM

Ok DIY ladies, we all love our frost and glow kits. But I must tell you, this is a serious upgrade, for not much more $.

I have Medium/dark brown hair and wanted to add to my grown out blond balayage highlights. I've had decent results with many bleaches, including drugstore options. Some bleaches seem to give me more trouble with warm tones, some leave my hair more dry, etc. I heard this is one of the better bleaches out there.

This mixes up blue, which is quite reassuring. I mixed this with 30v developer with this plus the Ion Color Booster (which requires a 10v developer bump). I painted on pieces like balayage and wrapped them up in foils.

Sometimes when I bleach, my hair will go through this awful neon orange stage. I watched my foils like a hawk and the orange stage with this actually didn't seem like it was as bright as it has gotten in the past. When I made it to yellow, it wasn't the cartoonish neon that often happens post bleach, it leaned sort of cool. The ion color Booster really seemed to slow the processing time quite a bit but I had no gumminess or signs of damage thus far.

I did the step 2 of the Ion Booster, but ran out of time for a toner. I planned on toning the following weekend as it did look a little brighter than I wanted at first. But it dulled down to a perfect color. I just used a purple shampoo for good measure and now have a beautiful shade of sunny blond. I will stick with this bleach from now on.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

i used the multi-blonde powder and my own 40v developer at home and it worked great!! i started with dirty blonde virgin hair and it turned a light yellow after leaving it on for about 45 minutes. unfortunately my toner wasn't effective but it's ok cause i covered my hair with pink anyway! simple to use, smell wasn't too offensive, made my scalp itchy but didn't burn at all, would highly recommend!!

on 10/12/2010 2:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Since Wella decided to discontinue Wellite (BOOOOOO! I cried when they discontinued Speedlite, an even superior bleach, about 10 years ago), I've been on the search for an equivalent.

Can't get this from Sally's but I get mine from Ebay and have purchased both the Oil Cream mixed (on the scalp and gentle) and the Multi-blonde powder (which is a blue powder). The last time I did my highlights, which were stuck at a kind of orangey-lame yellow, I mixed half oil cream and half powder with the Koleston 20 vol. I also got from Ebay (You don't have to use Koleston's developer--but it's so much better than the ones from sally's). I left Blondor on for about 45 min. without heat.

Voila! Light yellow. I then toned with Born Blonde (also DISCONTINUED WHAT IS THE FREAKIN DEAL????) a semi-permanent Clairol toner.

Blondor is super gentle, effective, and fast. The powder lifts faster than the oil cream but is less gentle to skin. Neither caused breakage or "stretchy hair" syndrome, due to the proteins and ceramides that are built into its structure.

A lot of people like Redken Icing but after asking some of my hairdresser friends, they said it mixes up waaaaaayyyy to thick and that Blondor is gentler. My hair is fine and processed so I'm glad I went with Blondor.

The oil-cream comes in a 7oz tube which is plenty for root touchups and cost 19.95 off ebay. You can get a 32oz tub of powder for around 39, but I bought mine in packets.

I'm a hair stylist and was platinum blonde for two years! This happens to be my HG lightener! It pulls my level 7 hair such a beauiful, pure shade of white with little to no damage. Excellent for corrective color too! Great consistency, use with or without heat... this stuff is the shiz!

on 11/18/2016 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

My favourite bleach. My hair is long and very curly but fine. Others I've used in the past have left my hair feeling really dry, and although all bleach will cause damage to your hair, my hair doesn't feel or look damaged after using this. My curl pattern looks the same and feels soft. It lightens quickly and doesn't leave my hair overly yellow. Right now I'm about a level 8 from my natural level 4. After using this I use the Wella colour charm toners and my hair looks really good...I've been to so many salons and spent hundreds trying to get my hair light but they never get it as light as I want it and I'm never happy with the result. Doing this at home by myself is so easy and I'm able to achieve the colour I want without spending £££!