Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

3.9

Active ingredients: Octinoxate 6% Titanium dioxide 5.6% Inactive ingredients: Aqua, Methyl Trimethicone, Alcohol, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Talc, Butylene Glycol, Isododecane, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Polymethyl Methacrylate PEG-10 Dimethicone, Stearic Acid, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Alumina, Aluminum hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Magnesium sulfate, Parfum, Nelumbo Nucifera Flower Water, Methylparaben, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Dipropylene glycol, Polyurethane, BHT, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Tocopherol, Propylparaben, Ultramarines, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77891, Mica

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

This is for shade 10 Beige. I'm on my second repurchase of this. When I ran out of the my first bottle I tried other foundations, even drugstore ones that were 'dupes' such as the Bourjois healthy skin. While the color may have been close, the way it sat on my skin and staying power did not. I also tried other foundations without luck and went out and bought this one again.

This foundation is for sheer to light coverage only. It will not hide eye bags nor will it hide acne. I use this to even out my natural skin tone. I've done everything from mixing this with primer to mixing it with moisturizer (to make my own tinted moisturizer). I just need this to even out my skin tone and that's really it. I don't like the look of heavier foundations and this stays pretty matte without looking chalky or cakey. The key with this foundation is a little bit really does go a long long way.

If your skin is dry, or the air is dry that day, I would suggest mixing a bit of moisturizer with it as it dries very fast. If the humidity is up and your skin is moist that day, put it on a little bit at a time and blend right away.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a strange one - it has the coverage of a tinted moisturiser/Bb cream but feels like a foundation (not heavy, but certainly not 'barely there'). It does have a gorgeous natural finish and the packaging is very practical, however it just does not to last. After 3-4 hours I need constant touch ups otherwise it looks very shiny and unflattering. Wanted to love this but it's not right for me

I bought this because a beauty vlogger liked it (to be fair, she liked Lumiere Perfection, but the person at the counter told me this was better because I had dry skin.) I have used it for a few months and I have to say that even with primer, it pills up and soaks into my pores. I thought it was because I'm getting older and it was seriously bumming me out. Then I got a sample of my old foundation, which I always loved, Armani Maestro. And guess what? It didn't happen. So, I conclude that this stuff sucks. Particularly if you are a woman of a certain age, I would suggest passing on this one.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I got a sample of this foundation in 30 as they did not have the 20 which is my color. I like the way it feels silky when you first put it on. Of course, it looked a bit too dark or rather orangey on me, but strangely enough it had a whiteish cast after a while, which made it closer to my natural color. Overall from a distance it looked quite good, but showed every pore and line. However, after 3-4 hours, the foundation disappeared altogether, leaving my face very shimmery. I think it is this shimmer which shows off the skin defects. I would say that if you have a young, line free, pore free skin, and don't mind its short life, this would be a good foundation. But if you have excellent skin, it does not matter which foundation you choose, anything would look good on you anyway.

on 8/12/2017 11:08:00 AM

I've been using this for about 3 years, then changed it when I broke out because of the pill, so I was hoping to find something similar but with medium to full coverage. After a year of trying everything else I could find in my shade (including Sisley) I'm back to my old friend. Thankfully my skin cleared out in the meantime and, while I still get the occasional red spots etc, this foundation is still the best for me (I use concealer to cover any blemishes). I love the natural finish, the shade matches me perfectly, it doesn't dry on me and it stays put all day (I scrub and use hydrating masks once a week, I have combination skin; don't use primer, but I do moisturizer before foundation and use translucent powder after, to set it). I found it looks best on me if I apply it with a beauty blender.

on 5/21/2017 8:36:00 PM

I've bought about four bottles of this in 20 beige. I love this foundation. I like that it's water based, with SPF. I'm a big fan of light to medium coverage foundations, and this Chanel foundation is one of my favorites. The pice is steep, and you're paying for the "Chanel" brand in that price. The bottle isn't luxurious, but I like the fact that I don't have to worry about it breaking when I travel. I've brought this foundation back out for summer, and it's perfect. It wears pretty well, I do have to touch up my t-zone with powder after about 6-7 hours of wear, which isn't a big deal to me. I will continue to repurchase.

on 5/5/2017 5:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

[This is kind of a placeholder review so that I remember to write a proper one later!]

The good: Doesn't break me out, looks very natural when first applied, good colour match in Beige 10, can't feel it on my skin whatsoever, looks great in daylight, the plastic bottle is easy to transport and won't break if dropped

The bad: Settles into my fairly shallow laugh lines almost immediately, looks TERRIBLE under strip lighting, starts to separate in my t-zone after just a couple hours and will have disappeared from my nose by the end of the day (even with a setting powder), doesn't cover redness, cakes up with more than 1 layer, clings to and accentuates dry patches, doesn't play well with any primers or concealers I own, oxidises into a peachier colour by the end of the day, despite its claims of being good for dry skin it looks "grainy" on those areas (similar to Benefit's The Porefessional)

I've actually been using this daily for almost a year despite not being a fan since everything else causes cystic breakouts, so I've had plenty of time to work out how I feel about it! This just seems like another foundation that won't work unless your skin is free from textural issues and redness, in which case what's the point in even wearing any??

on 4/23/2017 7:40:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

First of all, I'm being VERY generous for giving this foundation 2 stars instead of 1. However, the color match was decent and it was easy to apply (so I suppose that's something good).
I am currently about an NC25 (but lean much more neutral). I chose the shade B-30. It was a dead-on match! I have some fine lines and oily combo skin.
The consistency of this product is super runny and you have to be sure to really shake the product up very well or it will come out separated. I have found that this foundation can be applied easily with any foundation brush or fingers as well. Now on to the bad...
If you have fine lines or any visible pores whatsoever, this foundation will sit in them and make them very noticeable. In this respect, this is absolutely the WORST foundation I have ever used. It goes on dewy looking but quickly dries down to a matte finish. Although the finish is matte and dry looking, there's a sort of slight iridescence that calls attention to the most unflattering areas of an aging face. One coat is not enough but two coats is cakey. I tried various primers and methods of application and it didn't make a difference. This foundation is a total disappointment. Maybe useful for someone younger with perfect skin, but not for my 38 year old complexion.

on 4/15/2017 9:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Ok, so while I do love this foundation - the thin, light consistency, oil free with good pigmentation for light coverage - the price tag is definitely a bit jarring. Wow... $50 for 1fl oz. It hurts. I save this for my special occasions and/or date nights.

Although, I found a GREAT dupe, and It's the Shiseido Sheer and Perfect foundation. It has an spf 18, the same thin, light consistency with good pigment, oil free, light coverage, and housed in a plastic squeeze bottle (which I love), and It's only $35 for 1fl oz, which is not cheap but better than $50! If you like this Chanel foundation, you will definitely like the Shiseido!!

on 5/8/2017 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This was an interesting product for me. On the one hand, I did like the texture and the fact that it contained sunscreen and was oil fee. Kind of like Chanel's version of a BB cream. It didn't break me out. On the other hand, it was fragranced and not quite Demi matte and somewhat drying.

The deal breaker was that it actually had a kind of sheen which I attribute to either the titanium dioxide or silica. . . I don't have the kind of skin (older NC 30-35 combination skin prone dryness, milia, hives and some discoloration from laser) that looks good with this. Because it had sunscreen, I didn't want to put a primer underneath. Even though I do not use foundation on my nose (the oilier part of my t zone), it didn't hold up well. Like other products that don't work for me but are too good to discard, I gave it to my mother. I don't remember if I was 30 beige or 40 beige, only that the shade in between was strangely quite pink?