Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

3.9

Active ingredients: Octinoxate 6% Titanium dioxide 5.6% Inactive ingredients: Aqua, Methyl Trimethicone, Alcohol, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Talc, Butylene Glycol, Isododecane, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Polymethyl Methacrylate PEG-10 Dimethicone, Stearic Acid, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Alumina, Aluminum hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Magnesium sulfate, Parfum, Nelumbo Nucifera Flower Water, Methylparaben, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Dipropylene glycol, Polyurethane, BHT, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Tocopherol, Propylparaben, Ultramarines, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77891, Mica

on 9/27/2016 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I obtained a sample of this foundation along with the Vitalumiere Velvet. This foundation has light coverage, and dried to a satin almost powder finish. I do have dry skin. It is NOT for dry skin as it did accentuate dry patches and lines and it became more uncomfortable the longer I had it on. Basically another bad fit for my needs.

edit: I docked to one star. This makeup is so drying and irritating. I highly recommend not trying if you have sensitive dry skin.(currently slathered in olive oil/Vaseline...trying to get my skin to calm down) Good grief. The Chanel SA was a total sweetheart, but do wish she would have advised based on my need for something moisturizing.

This is my favourite foundation (used also Bobby Brown, Chanel Perfection Lumiere, Revlon Color Stay). It's very light and it gives you a healthy glow. It doesn't cover too much, but I like it this way as I don't have big issues with my skin.
Not happy about the packaging, I would have prefered a pump.

To Read all 888 Reviews, Login or Join

This is a light buildable to light-medium coverage. Natural skin but better looking. It won't cover big blemishes or pigmentation. Has a semi matte finish. It's has average staying power, 4-5 hours until it starts to crack. Comes in a shaker bottle. I was watching a guy review this on youtube, who works at Chanel, and he said the correct way to shake is too rock it back and forth until you can't hear the shaker ball. Apparently if you shake it up and down really fast, it will prematurely damage the formula. Texture isn't overly thin like water, it's relatively easy to blend.

I have this in the shade 20, which seems fine for my nc20 skin, looks a fraction darker but since it's light coverage I can get away with it. However I won't repurchase because I need more coverage (I'm currently using mac studio fix fluid foundation) but this is a great option for people looking for a light natural coverage foundation, your skin but better. Cost $77 AUD at Myer.

Okay, so about my skin...blackheads, noticeable pores, sensitive, more dry, rough/scaly look close up, constant breakouts.
So with that, it's hard to find a fitting foundation that won't cause a flare up and look good on top of my difficult skin. Then I decided to give this Chanel Vitalumiere a try, and I've never been so impressed. A foundation I was pleased with, hallelujah!
Now, I would have given it five lippies, but two things:
It's fragranced (why?), and the lightest tone is still a bit too tan (I'm quite pale). So I have to put bronzer on my neck to make it blend.
Smearing a bit of concealer around my jaw isn't really an option unless I want new breakouts. But you could try that.

I have also found this foundation goes on best with a brush. Though I have yet to try a beauty blender.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This foundation is not worth the hype. It do oxidize. Not for oily skin. It doesn't last long. I regret buying this coz it's too damn expensive.

on 8/18/2016 7:43:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have combination skin, prone to slight breakouts. This foundation was a nightmare for my skin. Doesn't provide much coverage but I do prefer a natural coverage. The problems were that by lunchtime my skin was a shiny mess. It broke out my skin and worst of all everytime I wore this, hours later my skin felt dirty and oily and I couldn't wait to wash my face. I had about half the bottle left and threw it in the bin. Wouldn't let this near my skin ever again. Remember to shake this little bottle really well before opening otherwise instead of foundation you get oil come out first which isnt mixed with the rest of the product.

on 8/15/2016 4:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'm on my second bottle of this foundation, it is just perfect for the summertime or really any time of the year. It offers just enough coverage and works well even with my oily skin. This combined with a skincare routine inspired by Korean beauty routines has given me such a wonderful, glowing complexion. Even a friend commented on how nice my skin looked when I wore this foundation yesterday, I just had to write a review. Seriously, it's just glowing! It also has a wonderful fragrance that makes me look forward to putting it on( although of course I doubt the fragrance would work well with sensitive skin). I don't use tools/brushes for this; I just use my fingers to blend. This product is pricey (as is all Chanel) and i always end up using twice as much when I use my beautyblender to apply it, so I try not to use it with this foundation at all.

on 8/3/2016 4:46:00 PM

I'm rediscovering this product after a year. When I got it last fall, my skin care routine was totally different and I had patches of dry skin here and there, making the Vitalumière extremely patchy and flaky on some part of my face. Now that I found better moisturizing creams and a better routine, I appreciate this foundation much more. I love how it evens my skin tone without looking like the usual heavy (and often cakey) foundation. I'm all for natural looking makeup and I hate when the skin looks like a mask rather than... well, skin. I will probably put it on top of my routine for this fall, and who knows, I might end repurchasing it if it doesn't turn flaky again.

ONE OF THE BEST FOUNDATION I HAVE EVER TRIED.

This foundation makes you feel like you aren't wearing anything on your face! What's even more great is that it gives a GLOWY finish and it doesn't feel sticky/liquidity on your face (you know what i mean).

However, the coverage is pretty sheer so i'll usually use Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer to conceal my blemishes/scars.

Also, i realised that after wearing this foundation for 4/5 hours, my t-zone will start to get A BIT oily but i don't really mind or you can actually bring a compact translucent powder to do a touch up if it starts to get oily.

And it DOES NOT oxidise. Packaging wise, It's a pretty and convenient (not a glass bottle)

I'm definitely repurchasing this!!!!!!

I have combination skin and I really like this fundation, is light and has a very natural finish without leaving oily or dry skin