Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

3.9

Active ingredients: Octinoxate 6% Titanium dioxide 5.6% Inactive ingredients: Aqua, Methyl Trimethicone, Alcohol, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Talc, Butylene Glycol, Isododecane, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Polymethyl Methacrylate PEG-10 Dimethicone, Stearic Acid, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Alumina, Aluminum hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Magnesium sulfate, Parfum, Nelumbo Nucifera Flower Water, Methylparaben, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Dipropylene glycol, Polyurethane, BHT, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Tocopherol, Propylparaben, Ultramarines, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77891, Mica

I bought this because a beauty vlogger liked it (to be fair, she liked Lumiere Perfection, but the person at the counter told me this was better because I had dry skin.) I have used it for a few months and I have to say that even with primer, it pills up and soaks into my pores. I thought it was because I'm getting older and it was seriously bumming me out. Then I got a sample of my old foundation, which I always loved, Armani Maestro. And guess what? It didn't happen. So, I conclude that this stuff sucks. Particularly if you are a woman of a certain age, I would suggest passing on this one.

on 5/21/2017 8:36:00 PM

I've bought about four bottles of this in 20 beige. I love this foundation. I like that it's water based, with SPF. I'm a big fan of light to medium coverage foundations, and this Chanel foundation is one of my favorites. The pice is steep, and you're paying for the "Chanel" brand in that price. The bottle isn't luxurious, but I like the fact that I don't have to worry about it breaking when I travel. I've brought this foundation back out for summer, and it's perfect. It wears pretty well, I do have to touch up my t-zone with powder after about 6-7 hours of wear, which isn't a big deal to me. I will continue to repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I got a sample of this foundation in 30 as they did not have the 20 which is my color. I like the way it feels silky when you first put it on. Of course, it looked a bit too dark or rather orangey on me, but strangely enough it had a whiteish cast after a while, which made it closer to my natural color. Overall from a distance it looked quite good, but showed every pore and line. However, after 3-4 hours, the foundation disappeared altogether, leaving my face very shimmery. I think it is this shimmer which shows off the skin defects. I would say that if you have a young, line free, pore free skin, and don't mind its short life, this would be a good foundation. But if you have excellent skin, it does not matter which foundation you choose, anything would look good on you anyway.

on 5/8/2017 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This was an interesting product for me. On the one hand, I did like the texture and the fact that it contained sunscreen and was oil fee. Kind of like Chanel's version of a BB cream. It didn't break me out. On the other hand, it was fragranced and not quite Demi matte and somewhat drying.

The deal breaker was that it actually had a kind of sheen which I attribute to either the titanium dioxide or silica. . . I don't have the kind of skin (older NC 30-35 combination skin prone dryness, milia, hives and some discoloration from laser) that looks good with this. Because it had sunscreen, I didn't want to put a primer underneath. Even though I do not use foundation on my nose (the oilier part of my t zone), it didn't hold up well. Like other products that don't work for me but are too good to discard, I gave it to my mother. I don't remember if I was 30 beige or 40 beige, only that the shade in between was strangely quite pink?

on 5/5/2017 5:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

[This is kind of a placeholder review so that I remember to write a proper one later!]

The good: Doesn't break me out, looks very natural when first applied, good colour match in Beige 10, can't feel it on my skin whatsoever, looks great in daylight, the plastic bottle is easy to transport and won't break if dropped

The bad: Settles into my fairly shallow laugh lines almost immediately, looks TERRIBLE under strip lighting, starts to separate in my t-zone after just a couple hours and will have disappeared from my nose by the end of the day (even with a setting powder), doesn't cover redness, cakes up with more than 1 layer, clings to and accentuates dry patches, doesn't play well with any primers or concealers I own, oxidises into a peachier colour by the end of the day, despite its claims of being good for dry skin it looks "grainy" on those areas (similar to Benefit's The Porefessional)

I've actually been using this daily for almost a year despite not being a fan since everything else causes cystic breakouts, so I've had plenty of time to work out how I feel about it! This just seems like another foundation that won't work unless your skin is free from textural issues and redness, in which case what's the point in even wearing any??

on 4/23/2017 7:40:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

First of all, I'm being VERY generous for giving this foundation 2 stars instead of 1. However, the color match was decent and it was easy to apply (so I suppose that's something good).
I am currently about an NC25 (but lean much more neutral). I chose the shade B-30. It was a dead-on match! I have some fine lines and oily combo skin.
The consistency of this product is super runny and you have to be sure to really shake the product up very well or it will come out separated. I have found that this foundation can be applied easily with any foundation brush or fingers as well. Now on to the bad...
If you have fine lines or any visible pores whatsoever, this foundation will sit in them and make them very noticeable. In this respect, this is absolutely the WORST foundation I have ever used. It goes on dewy looking but quickly dries down to a matte finish. Although the finish is matte and dry looking, there's a sort of slight iridescence that calls attention to the most unflattering areas of an aging face. One coat is not enough but two coats is cakey. I tried various primers and methods of application and it didn't make a difference. This foundation is a total disappointment. Maybe useful for someone younger with perfect skin, but not for my 38 year old complexion.

on 4/15/2017 9:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Ok, so while I do love this foundation - the thin, light consistency, oil free with good pigmentation for light coverage - the price tag is definitely a bit jarring. Wow... $50 for 1fl oz. It hurts. I save this for my special occasions and/or date nights.

Although, I found a GREAT dupe, and It's the Shiseido Sheer and Perfect foundation. It has an spf 18, the same thin, light consistency with good pigment, oil free, light coverage, and housed in a plastic squeeze bottle (which I love), and It's only $35 for 1fl oz, which is not cheap but better than $50! If you like this Chanel foundation, you will definitely like the Shiseido!!

on 3/20/2017 11:36:00 AM

I´ve just bouht this product again! look, everybody has different type of skin - I have sensitive and very dry one- I love this foundation for summer! I use "heavier" foundations in winter, lighter ones in summer and this one is pure perfection for me. If you´re looking for coverage, then think about it twice - it has light texture and doesn´t cove much, it rather make skin more "unified". And it hydrates as well - I´m not sure how it will work on oily skin type. My personal opinion - I LOVE i!

on 3/1/2017 10:34:00 AM

I was really disappointed with this foundation after reading so many positive reviews. I was looking for light, but buildable coverage, which it delivered on. I have oily combination skin, but this foundation dried out my skin to no end, and it sat on every dry patch of skin, even though it felt quite oily and moist on my skin. I think it may have something to do with the alcohol in this product. I had high hopes, but I have discontinued wearing it and will not finish out the bottle. Would not recommend.

on 12/13/2016 7:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This make up looks super cakey, melts out crazily and highlights all of your imperfections. Terrible quality for the price.