Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

3.9

Active ingredients: Octinoxate 6% Titanium dioxide 5.6% Inactive ingredients: Aqua, Methyl Trimethicone, Alcohol, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Talc, Butylene Glycol, Isododecane, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Polymethyl Methacrylate PEG-10 Dimethicone, Stearic Acid, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Alumina, Aluminum hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Magnesium sulfate, Parfum, Nelumbo Nucifera Flower Water, Methylparaben, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Dipropylene glycol, Polyurethane, BHT, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Tocopherol, Propylparaben, Ultramarines, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77891, Mica

on 4/23/2017 7:40:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

First of all, I'm being VERY generous for giving this foundation 2 stars instead of 1. However, the color match was decent and it was easy to apply (so I suppose that's something good).
I am currently about an NC25 (but lean much more neutral). I chose the shade B-30. It was a dead-on match! I have some fine lines and oily combo skin.
The consistency of this product is super runny and you have to be sure to really shake the product up very well or it will come out separated. I have found that this foundation can be applied easily with any foundation brush or fingers as well. Now on to the bad...
If you have fine lines or any visible pores whatsoever, this foundation will sit in them and make them very noticeable. In this respect, this is absolutely the WORST foundation I have ever used. It goes on dewy looking but quickly dries down to a matte finish. Although the finish is matte and dry looking, there's a sort of slight iridescence that calls attention to the most unflattering areas of an aging face. One coat is not enough but two coats is cakey. I tried various primers and methods of application and it didn't make a difference. This foundation is a total disappointment. Maybe useful for someone younger with perfect skin, but not for my 38 year old complexion.

on 4/15/2017 9:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Ok, so while I do love this foundation - the thin, light consistency, oil free with good pigmentation for light coverage - the price tag is definitely a bit jarring. Wow... $50 for 1fl oz. It hurts. I save this for my special occasions and/or date nights.

Although, I found a GREAT dupe, and It's the Shiseido Sheer and Perfect foundation. It has an spf 18, the same thin, light consistency with good pigment, oil free, light coverage, and housed in a plastic squeeze bottle (which I love), and It's only $35 for 1fl oz, which is not cheap but better than $50! If you like this Chanel foundation, you will definitely like the Shiseido!!

on 3/20/2017 11:36:00 AM

I´ve just bouht this product again! look, everybody has different type of skin - I have sensitive and very dry one- I love this foundation for summer! I use "heavier" foundations in winter, lighter ones in summer and this one is pure perfection for me. If you´re looking for coverage, then think about it twice - it has light texture and doesn´t cove much, it rather make skin more "unified". And it hydrates as well - I´m not sure how it will work on oily skin type. My personal opinion - I LOVE i!

on 3/1/2017 10:34:00 AM

I was really disappointed with this foundation after reading so many positive reviews. I was looking for light, but buildable coverage, which it delivered on. I have oily combination skin, but this foundation dried out my skin to no end, and it sat on every dry patch of skin, even though it felt quite oily and moist on my skin. I think it may have something to do with the alcohol in this product. I had high hopes, but I have discontinued wearing it and will not finish out the bottle. Would not recommend.

on 12/13/2016 7:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This make up looks super cakey, melts out crazily and highlights all of your imperfections. Terrible quality for the price.

on 11/30/2016 10:30:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have number 12 (Beige Rose) is a very nice colour. This is the best foundation I ever used. Light texture very easy to blend on my face.

Holy grail for everyday and for special events. I have combination oily skin and for days when I need work-through-night-out, I apply three layers of this and it can last nearly 24 hours. It needs some patting throughout the day to reduce the oil. But the finish is just beautiful - an odd matte-dewy look which basically covers the pores. It doesn't cover skin imperfections though - it's true to its name as a skin perfecting foundation.

on 11/15/2016 5:38:00 PM

This foundation broke me out in cystic acne on my jaw line. I mean big, painful pimples under my skin that mostly can't be popped. Now I don't have acne, didn't even have acne in my teenage years, just occasional breakouts. It applies pretty nicely and sheer, but if you have dry patches, it will cling to them. But I digress, it's irrelevant how it applies, since this is acne in a bottle for me. I used it for around a month and the cystic acne on my jaw was spreading, but I didn't make the connection. When I finally had the revelation (duh) that it was the foundation, I stoped using it and slowly, my skin went back to normal. Of course was left with discoloration that took months to fade. I think it was the combo between the denatured alcohol and the strong perfume in it and who knows what else. Even if you don't get acne from it, all that alcohol and perfume are bad for your skin. Lesson learned, after this, I NEVER buy cosmetics without checking the ingredients. Anyway, try this at your own peril, I did my moral duty and warned you lol.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

This must be the worst foundation I have ever tried. I loved the natural look and bought it for daytime. Well no matter what moisturizer and primer I used, this started melting after only one hour. I was horrified when I was lipstick shopping and looked in the mirror, I had huge patches with foundation missing that looked dry and caked all over my face, especially the T-zone and oiliness. As much as it pains me, it's going in the trash. I was embarrassed enough every time I wore this out.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

After years of trying to find the right foundation and sitting at every cosmetics counter to get colour matched (without success) I gave the Chanel lady a go. She put on 30 Beige which is an absolutely perfect match for me, given that I have very yellow toned skin. I have never liked heavy foundations and wanted something light yet looked finished. It looks hopelessly unpromising when it comes out of the bottle as it appears very watery but simply melts on to the skin to even things out. It takes a bit of getting used to having to shake it very well before use, otherwise it looks almost as though it has separated when it comes out of the bottle. I initially thought the bottle looked a little cheap, but it is great for travelling and the tiny nozzle makes sure you only get a bit out. And that's all that you need. I note others commenting that it is not for sensitive or dry skin, I would have to disagree, I have had VERY sensitive, dry skin since my teenage years and I wear this foundation over the top of good old Olay moisturising cream for sensitive skin from the supermarket and I will never try another foundation/moisturiser combination again! This is perfect for me, no irratition, no running and NO TURNING ORANGE on me after about half an hour, as most other foundations have done. If I put it on at 7am it's still good at 5pm. The price is steep, let's not lie, but come on ladies, when you find the right one, you really don't mind paying if does everything and this one for me does. Will always repurchase!!!