Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

3.9

Active ingredients: Octinoxate 6% Titanium dioxide 5.6% Inactive ingredients: Aqua, Methyl Trimethicone, Alcohol, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Talc, Butylene Glycol, Isododecane, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Polymethyl Methacrylate PEG-10 Dimethicone, Stearic Acid, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Alumina, Aluminum hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Magnesium sulfate, Parfum, Nelumbo Nucifera Flower Water, Methylparaben, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Dipropylene glycol, Polyurethane, BHT, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Tocopherol, Propylparaben, Ultramarines, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77891, Mica

on 3/1/2017 10:34:00 AM

I was really disappointed with this foundation after reading so many positive reviews. I was looking for light, but buildable coverage, which it delivered on. I have oily combination skin, but this foundation dried out my skin to no end, and it sat on every dry patch of skin, even though it felt quite oily and moist on my skin. I think it may have something to do with the alcohol in this product. I had high hopes, but I have discontinued wearing it and will not finish out the bottle. Would not recommend.

on 12/13/2016 7:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This make up looks super cakey, melts out crazily and highlights all of your imperfections. Terrible quality for the price.

on 11/30/2016 10:30:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have number 12 (Beige Rose) is a very nice colour. This is the best foundation I ever used. Light texture very easy to blend on my face.

Holy grail for everyday and for special events. I have combination oily skin and for days when I need work-through-night-out, I apply three layers of this and it can last nearly 24 hours. It needs some patting throughout the day to reduce the oil. But the finish is just beautiful - an odd matte-dewy look which basically covers the pores. It doesn't cover skin imperfections though - it's true to its name as a skin perfecting foundation.

on 11/15/2016 5:38:00 PM

This foundation broke me out in cystic acne on my jaw line. I mean big, painful pimples under my skin that mostly can't be popped. Now I don't have acne, didn't even have acne in my teenage years, just occasional breakouts. It applies pretty nicely and sheer, but if you have dry patches, it will cling to them. But I digress, it's irrelevant how it applies, since this is acne in a bottle for me. I used it for around a month and the cystic acne on my jaw was spreading, but I didn't make the connection. When I finally had the revelation (duh) that it was the foundation, I stoped using it and slowly, my skin went back to normal. Of course was left with discoloration that took months to fade. I think it was the combo between the denatured alcohol and the strong perfume in it and who knows what else. Even if you don't get acne from it, all that alcohol and perfume are bad for your skin. Lesson learned, after this, I NEVER buy cosmetics without checking the ingredients. Anyway, try this at your own peril, I did my moral duty and warned you lol.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

This must be the worst foundation I have ever tried. I loved the natural look and bought it for daytime. Well no matter what moisturizer and primer I used, this started melting after only one hour. I was horrified when I was lipstick shopping and looked in the mirror, I had huge patches with foundation missing that looked dry and caked all over my face, especially the T-zone and oiliness. As much as it pains me, it's going in the trash. I was embarrassed enough every time I wore this out.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

After years of trying to find the right foundation and sitting at every cosmetics counter to get colour matched (without success) I gave the Chanel lady a go. She put on 30 Beige which is an absolutely perfect match for me, given that I have very yellow toned skin. I have never liked heavy foundations and wanted something light yet looked finished. It looks hopelessly unpromising when it comes out of the bottle as it appears very watery but simply melts on to the skin to even things out. It takes a bit of getting used to having to shake it very well before use, otherwise it looks almost as though it has separated when it comes out of the bottle. I initially thought the bottle looked a little cheap, but it is great for travelling and the tiny nozzle makes sure you only get a bit out. And that's all that you need. I note others commenting that it is not for sensitive or dry skin, I would have to disagree, I have had VERY sensitive, dry skin since my teenage years and I wear this foundation over the top of good old Olay moisturising cream for sensitive skin from the supermarket and I will never try another foundation/moisturiser combination again! This is perfect for me, no irratition, no running and NO TURNING ORANGE on me after about half an hour, as most other foundations have done. If I put it on at 7am it's still good at 5pm. The price is steep, let's not lie, but come on ladies, when you find the right one, you really don't mind paying if does everything and this one for me does. Will always repurchase!!!

on 10/16/2016 5:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really enjoy this foundation on my dry skin. It has light coverage, which can be built to a medium, but I rarely do that.
It evens out my skintone and makes my skin look fresh and beautiful with a natural finish.
It last around 7-ish hours on my dry skin, so not an all-nighter, but decent staying power. And it fades evenly from my skin, no patching up in my dry patches or around my nose.
The packaging is not my favourite (I personally find it looking a little cheap), but it is practical for travel.
I also dont care for the scent but it dissapears after a few minutes after application.

All in all I really like this foundation for a natural not-to-done makeup look, and I will def repurchase when I run out.

For reference I'm NC20 and use 20beige. I also finds this foundations applies best with a flattop foundation brush.

on 9/27/2016 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I obtained a sample of this foundation along with the Vitalumiere Velvet. This foundation has light coverage, and dried to a satin almost powder finish. I do have dry skin. It is NOT for dry skin as it did accentuate dry patches and lines and it became more uncomfortable the longer I had it on. Basically another bad fit for my needs.

edit: I docked to one star. This makeup is so drying and irritating. I highly recommend not trying if you have sensitive dry skin.(currently slathered in olive oil/Vaseline...trying to get my skin to calm down) Good grief. The Chanel SA was a total sweetheart, but do wish she would have advised based on my need for something moisturizing.

This is my favourite foundation (used also Bobby Brown, Chanel Perfection Lumiere, Revlon Color Stay). It's very light and it gives you a healthy glow. It doesn't cover too much, but I like it this way as I don't have big issues with my skin.
Not happy about the packaging, I would have prefered a pump.