3.9

$50.00 on Violet Grey
Shop Now

Reviews

2 months ago

It terms of how it looks and wears this is probably one of my favourite foundations. I love the look it gives. Unfortunately I am allergic to SPF & I keep going back to this and thinking I'll try again, but it always causes the same reaction. The formula is very liquid, don't apply this with a sponge, fingers or brush only. I have given my rating based on how it looks and wears, not taking into account the allergy. I agree with other comments on poor shade range. The brand is not catering for everyone. You have to take the lid off and put your finger over the hole before shaking it, otherwise it spills into the lid. If anyone knows of something similar without SPF, ideally cruelty free, please comment.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinNormal, Olive, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlack

2 months ago

For reference, I’m in my late 30’s with combo dehydrated skin (normal/slightly dry cheeks and slightly oily in the t-zone). I have a bit of rosacea on both cheeks which can be pretty sensitive. My preference makeup wise is natural no-makeup makeup. I adore this foundation. I coveted it for quite a while because of the price tag, but got it when it was on offer in Boots. I wouldn’t hesitate to repurchase at full price if I didn’t have the option though. I use shade B10, which is the palest shade. Wish Chanel would get their act together with their shade range. It’s pretty dismal and inexcusable that it doesn’t run very deep. I don’t find I need to use primer with this, and I use my fingers to apply. It’s undetectable on my skin which I absolutely love, but it evens out my skin tone. It layers really nicely and a couple of layers reduces the appearance of my rosacea really well. I find I only need a small amount (about half a pea) to cover my face and apply that second layer over my cheeks. I can forgo concealer on an everyday basis, but would probably use it when I want a more polished, flawless look. In my opinion it suits skin that is either side of the normal skin type. Anyone with really dry skin should be able to use if the skin is prepped properly with a decent layer of moisturiser. Oily skins will probably need to blot during the day. I powder part way through the day and it doesn’t get cakey. I’m impressed with the staying power, even without primer. I tested it yesterday with hourglass mineral veil primer on half my face, and nothing other than my normal skincare/SPF on the other. The only benefit I saw on the primer side was my pores on my nose looked better. The rest of my face was exactly the same at the end of the day. Packaging is great, doesn’t leak. Just be sure to shake it first to combine it all. It does contain alcohol and a little bit of fragrance, but neither bother me and I have sensitive skin. Love it!

About reviewer (11 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Curly, Fine

EyesGreen

1.0

6 months ago

Thin and oily-feeling formula, unimpressive shade range. A little goes a very short way. The only thing this has going for it is that it didn’t make me break out. I also found that it performed better when applied immediately after my moisturizer. YSL all-in-one glow tinted moisturizer does so much better across the board for the same price.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairRed, Wavy, Coarse

2.0

6 months ago

Ugh, Lisa Eldridge fan, so of course I had to try this foundation. Sadly, I think I'm one of the rare people that has tried this product (only twice) and each time, it looks like crap on my skin. I was worried about the talc, which sometimes breaks me out, but this gives me flaky dry spots. It's not the alcohol, as my much cheaper alternative has alcohol and doesn't look like crap on my skin (oily in t-zone but dry other spots) - so it's something else, but this is a miss for me, even with just trying it twice. I may try it again with a sponge, as I used a brush and fingers the other 2 times, but this is a runny consistency where sponges tend to absorb too much product...so that may be the final straw. It does smell strong, but it's not an old perfumey smell, more like a fresh fruity smell? I don't like scents, but this didn't bother me too much. Mind you, I haven't worn it all day because it looks like crap on my skin so I wash it off. I also find that it oxidizes on my palm while applying, but yet, looks ghostly (beige 10) when on my face. I think it's the SPF possibly doing this. Beige 10 is what I should be using (NC15/NC20) because it does oxidize, so I dunno. I did get it for a little less than the $50 price tag, but I'm 99.99% sure I'm going to sell this so someone who loves it can use it. Not for me. I have a cheaper combo that works well for my skin, for much, much less. ETA- tried this with a sponge and it looked great. However, it got dewy on me super fast (sunscreen) and everytime I blotted, it transferred so much! So docked 1 lippie for price, another for scent that isnt really necessary, and another because it transfers more than any of my much cheaper foundations.

About reviewer (435 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

3.0

7 months ago

Perfect if the SPF was a bit higher, still will be buying it again!

About reviewer (23 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium

HairBrown

a year ago

I am 60 years old and have tried many foundations including those from very high end companies...chantecaille, Sisley, la Mer etc. I tried this many years ago and really liked it. But due to my incessant need to read reviews on brand new ‘amazing’ products have strayed toward others. I am not wasting any more money...thus IS the one! I am a NW20 and the BR30 is a perfect match. It is a medium coverage that is buildable if needed. It doesn’t accentuate dry areas or lines. I also love the small, plastic container. Shake it up and you have complete control of how much you squeeze out. You don’t need a lot and it spreads great using just your fingers. I think it is $50 for one ounce...expensive, but worth it.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

a year ago

I used to be devoted to Mac Face and Body until i got my hands on this. Its not as dewy of a finish as F&B but with a more flawless look and more coverage. My husband commented on how my foundation looked good and i looked younger. Whatever i felt F&B lacked, this delivers. I use 20 beige, C1 nc20. It looks like second skin, it looks like PERFECT skin. I dont have a problem with this sliding off my face or transferring. With face and body, id aways avoid putting product on my nose and forehead because it starts looking like a mess mid-day. This on the other hand is natural/skinlike AND fuss free. I dont need to worry about blotting constantly or looking oily throughout the day. For those with very very oily skin id suggest Perfection Lumiere Velvet. Ive tried that one and its gorgeous also. VLA is a satin matte finish with a bit of a fragrance.(If scented makeup bothers you then this isnt the foundation for you.) I dont need to set this with powder and it sits really nicely on my skin. My favorite powder blush in 280 Golden Sun and Soleil Tan cream bronzer all goes on like a dream on top of this foundation. My skin looks poreless and just so beautiful with this alone as a base(no primer or setting powder). Though it does contain alcohol so i have to wait and see how my skin will react. I use my flat top kabuki brush to swirl and dab this into the skin. It goes on seamlessly and it gives you time to blend before it sets. I dont use beauty blenders because i feel itll soak up all the product since this is water based. Also, fingers works well with application. This lasts all day! It looks better as the day proceeds. By the end of the night the foundation looks more like skin because my natural oils. I have to blot after 5 hours but thats a lot better than 1.5 hours with face and body. My BF always compliments on my skin when i wear this. He says my skin looks really smooth and not cakey at all. For the warmer months i do need to touch up my t zones, but i dont find myself blotting til the end of the day. I dont know how many times I've come back to this. I even like this better than Armani Luminous Silk. Nothing beats chanel

About reviewer (425 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

1.0

a year ago

The finish of this foundation is very beautiful, very natural and lasts 8 hours looking great. I've got normal skin with a few dry patches and I don't think this emphasizes them at all. The sad thing is that when I use this foundation I always get small bumps on my cheeks, chin and upper lip area and will end up with 3 or 4 pimples. When it first happened to me I thought that maybe it was an hormonal breakout, but then I tried it again a few weeks later and it happened again. I gave it away to a friend and she didn't get any pimple or weird thing on her face, so 2 years later I bought it once again thinking that this time it was going to work for me but it didn't :-( i got bumps and pimples again. Maybe it is the perfume, I don't know, the thing is that I won't ever buy it again, my skin hates it and therefore i hate it as well hehehe

About reviewer (8 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

3.0

a year ago

Chanel foundations are not the same quality as before. Unfortunately, they discontinued some of the best foundations in the market. Double Perfection in liquid was the top of the line Chanel foundation which I wore for years. This is really a medium quality product. It is even comparable with drugstore products. If you are in the oily zone, you need a good primer to keep the foundation intact. So having a barrier between your skin and a so called beneficial skincare foundation would defeat the purpose. If you are in dry zone, you may like the foundation better but don’t expect good coverage unless you start layering which could end up hideous and cakey looking by the end of the day. The shade selection however is very good. You will find a good match. So all and all, it is not $50 but even at a lower price won’t work for oily gals.

About reviewer (919 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinVery Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

2 years ago

This is an incredible foundation and I can't believe, as a foundation junkie, I haven't tried it until now. I've had Perfection Lumiere which was good, but, because I kept getting matched to Beige Rose it was always too far off my skin tone. I'm about an NC-15 in MAC or a N10 in Cover FC, a neutral pale with black brown hair and brown eyes. I went in and asked for this in Beige 10 which is just slightly off my color. I can make it work when I blend real well. Packaging: Easy and effortless. Really there should never be a complaint about this type of packaging. Easy to shake, squeeze, easy to throw in bag for travel, elegant in a minimalist way, etc. It doesn't have those good awful tops of bars that show every fingerprint. 5/5 Performance: I got 10 hours out of this foundation yesterday. It was humid where I live too! I have incredibly dry skin so that's most likely one of the reasons but still, that type of performance is unheard of for me. Now, again most likely due to dry skin, but I don't get super dewy with this foundation. There's a very soft sheen to it that makes my skin glow but not radiant. In terms of coverage this foundation is great. I have acne. No matter how much foundation I plaster on I'll still look like I have acne. But this stuff covers up any fading marks, and most redness without looking heavy. In fact even my SO has told me this is the best foundation I've ever had. He told me it doesn't look like makeup it just looks like I'm having an incredibly good skin day. Now that's priceless!!

About reviewer (107 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair