CHANEL Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

CHANEL Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

3.9

Active ingredients: Octinoxate 6% Titanium dioxide 5.6% Inactive ingredients: Aqua, Methyl Trimethicone, Alcohol, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Talc, Butylene Glycol, Isododecane, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Polymethyl Methacrylate PEG-10 Dimethicone, Stearic Acid, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Alumina, Aluminum hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Magnesium sulfate, Parfum, Nelumbo Nucifera Flower Water, Methylparaben, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Dipropylene glycol, Polyurethane, BHT, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Tocopherol, Propylparaben, Ultramarines, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77891, Mica

on 10/30/2018 8:19:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Chanel foundations are not the same quality as before. Unfortunately, they discontinued some of the best foundations in the market. Double Perfection in liquid was the top of the line Chanel foundation which I wore for years. This is really a medium quality product. It is even comparable with drugstore products. If you are in the oily zone, you need a good primer to keep the foundation intact. So having a barrier between your skin and a so called beneficial skincare foundation would defeat the purpose. If you are in dry zone, you may like the foundation better but don’t expect good coverage unless you start layering which could end up hideous and cakey looking by the end of the day. The shade selection however is very good. You will find a good match. So all and all, it is not $50 but even at a lower price won’t work for oily gals.

on 8/28/2018 10:55:00 AM

This is an incredible foundation and I can't believe, as a foundation junkie, I haven't tried it until now. I've had Perfection Lumiere which was good, but, because I kept getting matched to Beige Rose it was always too far off my skin tone. I'm about an NC-15 in MAC or a N10 in Cover FC, a neutral pale with black brown hair and brown eyes. I went in and asked for this in Beige 10 which is just slightly off my color. I can make it work when I blend real well.

Packaging: Easy and effortless. Really there should never be a complaint about this type of packaging. Easy to shake, squeeze, easy to throw in bag for travel, elegant in a minimalist way, etc. It doesn't have those good awful tops of bars that show every fingerprint. 5/5

Performance: I got 10 hours out of this foundation yesterday. It was humid where I live too! I have incredibly dry skin so that's most likely one of the reasons but still, that type of performance is unheard of for me. Now, again most likely due to dry skin, but I don't get super dewy with this foundation. There's a very soft sheen to it that makes my skin glow but not radiant.

In terms of coverage this foundation is great. I have acne. No matter how much foundation I plaster on I'll still look like I have acne. But this stuff covers up any fading marks, and most redness without looking heavy. In fact even my SO has told me this is the best foundation I've ever had. He told me it doesn't look like makeup it just looks like I'm having an incredibly good skin day.

Now that's priceless!!

on 5/14/2018 4:34:00 AM

This is my favourite foundation!! Your skin looks luminous & fresh. Great for older skin with lines & wrinkles as it goes on smooth. Love it!

I bought this after a Chanel artist used it on me while showing me the spring colour palette. I liked the way it felt on my skin, and it seemed to have reasonable coverage. Unfortunately, when I tried this product at home on my oily skin, my nose was shiny and the coverage faded after an hour or two. When I tried building up the coverage, I found the shade I was matched with was too dark for me.

The packaging is great - easy to fit in your makeup bag for travel and unbreakable.

If you have dry skin and want light coverage, this may work for you.

on 1/4/2018 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Edit: I had to stop using this because it gave me severe cystic acne.

I'm really impressed with this foundation. It glides on like a dream and blends so beautifully. Makes face look smooth and poreless. Now, people have said that the foundation is virtually undetectable on the skin. I'd say that if somebody saw you walking down the street, they wouldn't be able to tell you had any on. I have dry skin so this lasts the entire day on me (I don't powder).

on 12/12/2017 12:31:00 PM

This suits my dry skin. This foundation is so lightweight that it feels like a tinted moisturizer. It kind of reminds me of Nars tinted moisturizer. Because its light and still have coverage enough, thumbs up on this one!

I have B30 which suits my NC25 skintone perfectly!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

This is for shade 10 Beige. I'm on my second repurchase of this. When I ran out of the my first bottle I tried other foundations, even drugstore ones that were 'dupes' such as the Bourjois healthy skin. While the color may have been close, the way it sat on my skin and staying power did not. I also tried other foundations without luck and went out and bought this one again.

This foundation is for sheer to light coverage only. It will not hide eye bags nor will it hide acne. I use this to even out my natural skin tone. I've done everything from mixing this with primer to mixing it with moisturizer (to make my own tinted moisturizer). I just need this to even out my skin tone and that's really it. I don't like the look of heavier foundations and this stays pretty matte without looking chalky or cakey. The key with this foundation is a little bit really does go a long long way.

If your skin is dry, or the air is dry that day, I would suggest mixing a bit of moisturizer with it as it dries very fast. If the humidity is up and your skin is moist that day, put it on a little bit at a time and blend right away.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a strange one - it has the coverage of a tinted moisturiser/Bb cream but feels like a foundation (not heavy, but certainly not 'barely there'). It does have a gorgeous natural finish and the packaging is very practical, however it just does not to last. After 3-4 hours I need constant touch ups otherwise it looks very shiny and unflattering. Wanted to love this but it's not right for me

on 8/12/2017 11:08:00 AM

I've been using this for about 3 years, then changed it when I broke out because of the pill, so I was hoping to find something similar but with medium to full coverage. After a year of trying everything else I could find in my shade (including Sisley) I'm back to my old friend. Thankfully my skin cleared out in the meantime and, while I still get the occasional red spots etc, this foundation is still the best for me (I use concealer to cover any blemishes). I love the natural finish, the shade matches me perfectly, it doesn't dry on me and it stays put all day (I scrub and use hydrating masks once a week, I have combination skin; don't use primer, but I do moisturizer before foundation and use translucent powder after, to set it). I found it looks best on me if I apply it with a beauty blender.

I bought this because a beauty vlogger liked it (to be fair, she liked Lumiere Perfection, but the person at the counter told me this was better because I had dry skin.) I have used it for a few months and I have to say that even with primer, it pills up and soaks into my pores. I thought it was because I'm getting older and it was seriously bumming me out. Then I got a sample of my old foundation, which I always loved, Armani Maestro. And guess what? It didn't happen. So, I conclude that this stuff sucks. Particularly if you are a woman of a certain age, I would suggest passing on this one.