Make Up Academy (MUA) Lipstick in Shade 1

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Make Up Academy (MUA)  Lipstick in Shade 1

4.7

on 10/22/2014 12:23:00 PM

I can't fault this lipstick! I saw a review comparing it to sleek cherry and this is never in stock when I try and find it, the mua stand is usually pretty bare aswell but I grabbed the last shade 1. It's a lovely cherry colour and the lasting power on this for just 1 is amazing! when the lipstick has faded off it leaves a stain on the lips for hours even after eating and drinking, the packaging is great to I didn't have much hope because normally when I but drugstore lower end makeup the packaging cracks (Rimmel stay matte pressed powder!) I've had this in my handbag or thrown in my makeup bag and its not cracked :) love it wish I had found it sooner

I feel like MUA are really hit and miss - some products are amazing and some are down right awful. This lipstick, however, is pretty great for the price.
Firstly, I love the colour. The colour is a deep red, and with my pale skin is extremely striking. I've only worn it for a few hours at a time but in my experience hasn't annoyingly dried my lips out or smeared all over my face. However, it is quite watery making it hard to apply - so maybe a lip liner pencil is advised, with a LOT of patience too. A brush might make it easier, too, and at the bottom of the packaging a small pot unscrews with some product inside it, which is handy if you use a brush or maybe a finger. In comparison to the matte MUA lipsticks, which are very dry, I feel like these are the better option even though they are, as I said, slightly watery.
The packaging is standard. An average looking black packaging with a transparent unscrewable pot at the bottom - however not sturdy - I've found these to break quite easily, so maybe be careful if you're going to put this in a bag or your pocket.
Overall, a nice colour and lipstick - you definitely cannot complain for the price and definitely has some good features for such a cheap lipstick. Be prepared to be wowed for the price (colour wise, doesn't dry your lips, lasts a good while, etc.) but at the same time don't expect too much. I'd buy it again purely for the colour, I think.

This is a very pigmented dark crimson lipstick thus it's not for everyday use. It would really stain your lips so those who like the stained lips look,just apply it then blot with tissue and you're good to go. It glides on smoothly and stays on for a long time if you don't drink and/or eat but hey I don't mind retouching because this stuff is dirt cheap. It doesn't make my lips dry. The packaging is the only thing that's preventing me from giving it a 5. Overall, this is a good product so I would definitely repurchase!

on 1/3/2013 5:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Why have I been purchasing only MAC lipsticks all this time? Without even knowing that there's something with soothing formula and opaque finish as this? It isn't at all drying. I was initially very skeptical about purchasing their products (can't access superdrug since I live in Finland) so I ordered straight from their website, along with the kiss proof lip stain and heaven and earth palette. Would definitely come back for more. All lipsticks and lip booms^^

OMG I just found out that if u unscrew the bottom (under the shade), u actually get some extra products <3 RAVE RAVE RAVE

on 6/17/2011 11:35:00 AM

These lipsticks are amazing:

- very pigmented
- beautiful shimmery/metallic shades
- very creamy, go on like a dream
- amazing staying power - lasted through lots of drinks :-)
- incredibly cheap!

Amazing value for no money at all!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

MUA (Make-Up Academy) is the new budget range in Superdrugs where everything is just 1. Yes, that's right - 1 whole pound! I have only tried their eyeshadows (which are amazing - highly pigmented and blend really well, definitely recommend those) and lipsticks so can't comment on the entire range. But I'm here to talk about this lippie anyway which is really beautiful. The swatch online is not accurate, it looks like a bright double decker bus shade when it is in fact a dark, deep cherry red shade. I have been searching for a red this colour for so long! It reminds me of the colour Gwen Stefani uses regularly. It goes on very smoothly and surprisingly lasts for ages too. I thought because it was only 1 it would glide off whenever my lips touched a mug but it didn't. It is has a waxy kind of scent but I don't mind it. Absolute bargain and a beautiful shade - I plan on stocking up!