Make Up Academy (MUA) Lipstick in Shade 1

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Make Up Academy (MUA)  Lipstick in Shade 1

4.6

on 10/22/2014 12:23:00 PM

I can't fault this lipstick! I saw a review comparing it to sleek cherry and this is never in stock when I try and find it, the mua stand is usually pretty bare aswell but I grabbed the last shade 1. It's a lovely cherry colour and the lasting power on this for just 1 is amazing! when the lipstick has faded off it leaves a stain on the lips for hours even after eating and drinking, the packaging is great to I didn't have much hope because normally when I but drugstore lower end makeup the packaging cracks (Rimmel stay matte pressed powder!) I've had this in my handbag or thrown in my makeup bag and its not cracked :) love it wish I had found it sooner

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

This lipstick is lovely!! It slides on really well, lasts long and isnt over drying. The price is also great - £1 from superdrug!!! planning on buying some more soon!

I feel like MUA are really hit and miss - some products are amazing and some are down right awful. This lipstick, however, is pretty great for the price.
Firstly, I love the colour. The colour is a deep red, and with my pale skin is extremely striking. I've only worn it for a few hours at a time but in my experience hasn't annoyingly dried my lips out or smeared all over my face. However, it is quite watery making it hard to apply - so maybe a lip liner pencil is advised, with a LOT of patience too. A brush might make it easier, too, and at the bottom of the packaging a small pot unscrews with some product inside it, which is handy if you use a brush or maybe a finger. In comparison to the matte MUA lipsticks, which are very dry, I feel like these are the better option even though they are, as I said, slightly watery.
The packaging is standard. An average looking black packaging with a transparent unscrewable pot at the bottom - however not sturdy - I've found these to break quite easily, so maybe be careful if you're going to put this in a bag or your pocket.
Overall, a nice colour and lipstick - you definitely cannot complain for the price and definitely has some good features for such a cheap lipstick. Be prepared to be wowed for the price (colour wise, doesn't dry your lips, lasts a good while, etc.) but at the same time don't expect too much. I'd buy it again purely for the colour, I think.

This is a very pigmented dark crimson lipstick thus it's not for everyday use. It would really stain your lips so those who like the stained lips look,just apply it then blot with tissue and you're good to go. It glides on smoothly and stays on for a long time if you don't drink and/or eat but hey I don't mind retouching because this stuff is dirt cheap. It doesn't make my lips dry. The packaging is the only thing that's preventing me from giving it a 5. Overall, this is a good product so I would definitely repurchase!

on 10/23/2011 11:17:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have become such a fan of all of these lipsticks. They are cheap, long-lasting and highly pigmented. This particular shade is a lovely warm wearable red, suitable for night or day. It looks a little scary in the tube but suits my complexion very well. Perfect autumnal shade. I dab it on with my finger, blot and then a layer of lipgloss if necessary. Possibly a little drying but still exceptionally good!

on 6/17/2011 11:35:00 AM

These lipsticks are amazing:

- very pigmented
- beautiful shimmery/metallic shades
- very creamy, go on like a dream
- amazing staying power - lasted through lots of drinks :-)
- incredibly cheap!

Amazing value for no money at all!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I'm over the moon about the make up my dear friend from the UK sent me recently. This lipstick is one of them and believe me when I say, it is the creamiest, most high quality, brick red lipstick I've ever owned. I know I've been gushing a lot lately but I'm so thrilled with this line! The packaging is sheik and lovely. The shade reminds me of NYX Round Lipstick in Snow White but deeper and less creamy, which allows the lipstick to really stay put throughout the day with minimal touch ups. This is a true, brick red lippie that smells amazing! I don't know what to liken it to..but I know that every time I apply it, I savor every second of the application. Like I said before, if you can get your paws on this line..I highly recommend you do so! The price seems affordable and the quality of product is at a near professional level.

xoxoxo
- Mad Madam Jess

on 10/14/2010 4:14:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

When i first heard about the MUA range by Superdrug it didn't interest me as everything is a pound- yes 1!! Being the cosmetic snob that i am, i walked past it every time i was in store.
Recently my cousin had an amazing lipstick on- i had to ask what it was. When she said it was by MUA i honestly counldn't believe it- there was no way a lipstick for a quid could look that good, could it?! I checked out the range and i have to say, it is pretty damn good for the price! I ended up getting a lot of different items from the range but this lipstick has to be my favourite. I would describe the colour as a dark cherry red. As the previous reviewer said, it reminds me a lot of the red Gwen Steffani wears. The colour is amazing- so pigmented and looks great with my fair skin. It lasts for ages!! I rarely have to touch it up and it doesn't come off on my teeth! I will be getting more items from the range- don't be put off by the price, the quality is very good. I will be less snobbish in future and give cheaper brands a try. I love Superdrug!!