Make up Academy Lipstick in Shade 1

Make up Academy Lipstick in Shade 1

4.7

on 10/22/2014 12:23:00 PM

I can't fault this lipstick! I saw a review comparing it to sleek cherry and this is never in stock when I try and find it, the mua stand is usually pretty bare aswell but I grabbed the last shade 1. It's a lovely cherry colour and the lasting power on this for just 1 is amazing! when the lipstick has faded off it leaves a stain on the lips for hours even after eating and drinking, the packaging is great to I didn't have much hope because normally when I but drugstore lower end makeup the packaging cracks (Rimmel stay matte pressed powder!) I've had this in my handbag or thrown in my makeup bag and its not cracked :) love it wish I had found it sooner

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

If you're looking for a new lipstick and you love red lipsticks, get this now! I purchased it in Superdrug the other day for £1, and I am so impressed! It has a good texture and isn't too dry or drying, and it stays on and lasts reasonably well, without feathering or smudging much. I absolutely love red lipsticks, however I prefer deeper reds, rather than orange-reds or pink-reds, and this is a perfect colour for an amazing price! I'll definitely repurchase it, it's my new favourite red lipstick (and I have 9 other red lipsticks)

on 6/1/2013 9:08:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

MUA are a really great affordable brand, I picked up this colour because I was looking for a deepish red colour to try and didn't want to waste a lot of money incase the colour didnt suit me, so I thought I would try the MUA lipstick first, and for just £1 it was one of the best purchases I've made, I've already got backups too! Its a gorgeous red lipstick, very opaque and not drying at all. It doesn't really have a smell either which is a bonus! It goes on very smoothly, I always wear a lipliner with it because its such a vivid colour I don't want it smudging. It lasts a good few hours before requiring a touch up. For £1 I suggest everyone go and pick it up to try it, I tell all my friends about it!

on 1/3/2013 5:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Why have I been purchasing only MAC lipsticks all this time? Without even knowing that there's something with soothing formula and opaque finish as this? It isn't at all drying. I was initially very skeptical about purchasing their products (can't access superdrug since I live in Finland) so I ordered straight from their website, along with the kiss proof lip stain and heaven and earth palette. Would definitely come back for more. All lipsticks and lip booms^^

OMG I just found out that if u unscrew the bottom (under the shade), u actually get some extra products <3 RAVE RAVE RAVE

on 9/27/2012 1:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Really love this shade... and it only costs a quid! A little dry and obviously not as lovely and sweet tasting as a mac. But, come on... a pound and an easy way to try braver colours without breaking the bank. Result.

on 10/23/2011 11:17:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have become such a fan of all of these lipsticks. They are cheap, long-lasting and highly pigmented. This particular shade is a lovely warm wearable red, suitable for night or day. It looks a little scary in the tube but suits my complexion very well. Perfect autumnal shade. I dab it on with my finger, blot and then a layer of lipgloss if necessary. Possibly a little drying but still exceptionally good!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Love this!

It's a great vivid colour, easy to put on and stays on well, and all for 1! Better than some much more expensive ones. Can't complain really

on 6/17/2011 11:35:00 AM

These lipsticks are amazing:

- very pigmented
- beautiful shimmery/metallic shades
- very creamy, go on like a dream
- amazing staying power - lasted through lots of drinks :-)
- incredibly cheap!

Amazing value for no money at all!

on 12/26/2010 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I never really took any notice when superdrug brought out their 1 makeup range.. but about 3 months after they had brought it out when the craze had past.. i decided to check it out. I wanted some red lipstick so i thought id go to the MUA stand and have look... i found a really nice colour red so decided to buy it.. when i took it home to try i was really impressed it stays on my lips for aggggeeeesss even if i have something to eat or drink it still stayed on very impressed will definately be buying more :)

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I'm over the moon about the make up my dear friend from the UK sent me recently. This lipstick is one of them and believe me when I say, it is the creamiest, most high quality, brick red lipstick I've ever owned. I know I've been gushing a lot lately but I'm so thrilled with this line! The packaging is sheik and lovely. The shade reminds me of NYX Round Lipstick in Snow White but deeper and less creamy, which allows the lipstick to really stay put throughout the day with minimal touch ups. This is a true, brick red lippie that smells amazing! I don't know what to liken it to..but I know that every time I apply it, I savor every second of the application. Like I said before, if you can get your paws on this line..I highly recommend you do so! The price seems affordable and the quality of product is at a near professional level.

xoxoxo