Make up Academy Lipstick in Shade 1

Make up Academy Lipstick in Shade 1

4.7

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

MUA (Make-Up Academy) is the new budget range in Superdrugs where everything is just 1. Yes, that's right - 1 whole pound! I have only tried their eyeshadows (which are amazing - highly pigmented and blend really well, definitely recommend those) and lipsticks so can't comment on the entire range. But I'm here to talk about this lippie anyway which is really beautiful. The swatch online is not accurate, it looks like a bright double decker bus shade when it is in fact a dark, deep cherry red shade. I have been searching for a red this colour for so long! It reminds me of the colour Gwen Stefani uses regularly. It goes on very smoothly and surprisingly lasts for ages too. I thought because it was only 1 it would glide off whenever my lips touched a mug but it didn't. It is has a waxy kind of scent but I don't mind it. Absolute bargain and a beautiful shade - I plan on stocking up!

on 10/14/2010 4:14:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

When i first heard about the MUA range by Superdrug it didn't interest me as everything is a pound- yes 1!! Being the cosmetic snob that i am, i walked past it every time i was in store.
Recently my cousin had an amazing lipstick on- i had to ask what it was. When she said it was by MUA i honestly counldn't believe it- there was no way a lipstick for a quid could look that good, could it?! I checked out the range and i have to say, it is pretty damn good for the price! I ended up getting a lot of different items from the range but this lipstick has to be my favourite. I would describe the colour as a dark cherry red. As the previous reviewer said, it reminds me a lot of the red Gwen Steffani wears. The colour is amazing- so pigmented and looks great with my fair skin. It lasts for ages!! I rarely have to touch it up and it doesn't come off on my teeth! I will be getting more items from the range- don't be put off by the price, the quality is very good. I will be less snobbish in future and give cheaper brands a try. I love Superdrug!!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I'm over the moon about the make up my dear friend from the UK sent me recently. This lipstick is one of them and believe me when I say, it is the creamiest, most high quality, brick red lipstick I've ever owned. I know I've been gushing a lot lately but I'm so thrilled with this line! The packaging is sheik and lovely. The shade reminds me of NYX Round Lipstick in Snow White but deeper and less creamy, which allows the lipstick to really stay put throughout the day with minimal touch ups. This is a true, brick red lippie that smells amazing! I don't know what to liken it to..but I know that every time I apply it, I savor every second of the application. Like I said before, if you can get your paws on this line..I highly recommend you do so! The price seems affordable and the quality of product is at a near professional level.

xoxoxo
- Mad Madam Jess

on 12/26/2010 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I never really took any notice when superdrug brought out their 1 makeup range.. but about 3 months after they had brought it out when the craze had past.. i decided to check it out. I wanted some red lipstick so i thought id go to the MUA stand and have look... i found a really nice colour red so decided to buy it.. when i took it home to try i was really impressed it stays on my lips for aggggeeeesss even if i have something to eat or drink it still stayed on very impressed will definately be buying more :)

on 6/17/2011 11:35:00 AM

These lipsticks are amazing:

- very pigmented
- beautiful shimmery/metallic shades
- very creamy, go on like a dream
- amazing staying power - lasted through lots of drinks :-)
- incredibly cheap!

Amazing value for no money at all!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Love this!

It's a great vivid colour, easy to put on and stays on well, and all for 1! Better than some much more expensive ones. Can't complain really

on 10/23/2011 11:17:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have become such a fan of all of these lipsticks. They are cheap, long-lasting and highly pigmented. This particular shade is a lovely warm wearable red, suitable for night or day. It looks a little scary in the tube but suits my complexion very well. Perfect autumnal shade. I dab it on with my finger, blot and then a layer of lipgloss if necessary. Possibly a little drying but still exceptionally good!

on 9/27/2012 1:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Really love this shade... and it only costs a quid! A little dry and obviously not as lovely and sweet tasting as a mac. But, come on... a pound and an easy way to try braver colours without breaking the bank. Result.

on 1/3/2013 5:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Why have I been purchasing only MAC lipsticks all this time? Without even knowing that there's something with soothing formula and opaque finish as this? It isn't at all drying. I was initially very skeptical about purchasing their products (can't access superdrug since I live in Finland) so I ordered straight from their website, along with the kiss proof lip stain and heaven and earth palette. Would definitely come back for more. All lipsticks and lip booms^^

OMG I just found out that if u unscrew the bottom (under the shade), u actually get some extra products <3 RAVE RAVE RAVE

This is a very pigmented dark crimson lipstick thus it's not for everyday use. It would really stain your lips so those who like the stained lips look,just apply it then blot with tissue and you're good to go. It glides on smoothly and stays on for a long time if you don't drink and/or eat but hey I don't mind retouching because this stuff is dirt cheap. It doesn't make my lips dry. The packaging is the only thing that's preventing me from giving it a 5. Overall, this is a good product so I would definitely repurchase!