Equate Naturally Beaming Daily SPF 15 Moisturizer

3.6

Price: $

Price: $

on 1/16/2013 6:46:00 PM

I haven't compared it to Aveeno, though if it is comparable I wouldn't buy that version either. It moisturized all right, absorbed quickly, though I didn't see any improvement in my skin texture/look. I did notice after using it for a while I started getting a lot of irritated pores on my chin which turned into irritated zits.

on 10/23/2012 1:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

There seems to be some confusion about this product. I meant to buy the Absolutely Beaming moisturizer by Equate after reading glowing (pun intended) reviews about it, but all I can find in the stores in my area is the Naturally Beaming Daily SPF 15 Moisturizer. Though I've heard that they are both basically the same product (the description and ingredients list for the products are the same) and are dupe-able with Aveeno's Positively Radiant Moisturizer, the price discrepancy is quite large. Those reviewing the Absolutely Beaming labeled lotion claimed to have paid "about/around $5" for the product, while the Naturally Beaming lotion by Equate was $9.47 at my Wal-Mart. But anyways, on with how it worked for me.

Honestly, this is not a bad lotion for being a generic brand. I have oily, sensitive, acne-prone skin, so I have to be very careful about what products I use and usually end up going for those that are oil-free and non-comedogenic. This doesn't claim to be either, but so far so good. I haven't had any new breakouts caused by this lotion, and when I use a pea-sized amount (actually, about half of a pea sized amount) it makes my skin soft but not at all oily or shiny. I apply it in the morning and at night before I go to bed, and I've noticed that when I apply it at night, my face is much less oily than it normally is when I wake up in the morning. Though it promises to "even out skin tone", only time will tell, as I have only been using the product for about 2 and a half weeks. But otherwise, I do recommend this product. The packaging is nice, and though I said I wouldn't buy it again, it's not a diss on the product. I just don't see myself using the bottle at the half-a-pea-size rate I'm going, and I am constantly trying new products. But yes, it's an okay moisturizer.

01/18/13 UPDATE: Absolutely Beaming & Naturally Beaming is pretty much the same. Iv noticed recently the price change that Walmart has implemented. I no longer see it at $5.... now its closer to $10. I guess they saw how awesome it was and figured they were loosing money.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I did a review on the Equate Absolutely beaming...which is exactly the same as Naturally Beaming (don't know why the name has changed). Anyway, I still feel the same about the product after many months of trying different products. I eventually came back to this because it is cheap ($5 at Walmart) compared to the $15 that works just the same. I'm going to make this short because I already did this review for the Absolutely Beaming. But I love that it has SPF15 and to have combo/oily skin, this doesn't make it any greasier. It sets in nicely and gives it a great base to apply make-up. Try-it, u don't have much to lose...except maybe $5.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I will that this is a good moisturizer and didn't irritate my skin, especially for the price. It makes your skin look brighter, but I didn't notice that it evened out my skin. It absorbs quickly, but it makes my skin oilier, once I put it on.

on 10/10/2010 7:50:00 AM

This product is 100% comparable to Aveeno's Positively Radiant moisturizer. Equate is Wal-Mart's brand - and this was sitting on the shelf for $4 right next to the $14 bottle of Aveeno! (I find that it is labeled as "Absolutely Beaming" & "Naturally Beaming" - the product I reviewed was labeled "Naturally Beaming".)

This is a GREAT moisturizer for anyone with acne-prone skin, or with previously acne-prone skin who needs help evening out skin tone & texture. It has a non-greasy feel, and contains soy. This product also contains light-reflecting ingredients which help illuminate your skin, giving it a healthy glow. (It does NOT contain glitter or sparkles!) Very oily skin types may find this moisturizer to be too much.

I have normal/acne-prone skin - and I love this moisturizer! I use a acne-fighting cleanser, and with this moisturizer, my skin has looked radiant & smooth!