Equate Naturally Beaming Daily SPF 15 Moisturizer

Naturally Beaming Daily SPF 15 Moisturizer

2.0

on 10/23/2012 1:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

There seems to be some confusion about this product. I meant to buy the Absolutely Beaming moisturizer by Equate after reading glowing (pun intended) reviews about it, but all I can find in the stores in my area is the Naturally Beaming Daily SPF 15 Moisturizer. Though I've heard that they are both basically the same product (the description and ingredients list for the products are the same) and are dupe-able with Aveeno's Positively Radiant Moisturizer, the price discrepancy is quite large. Those reviewing the Absolutely Beaming labeled lotion claimed to have paid "about/around $5" for the product, while the Naturally Beaming lotion by Equate was $9.47 at my Wal-Mart. But anyways, on with how it worked for me.

Honestly, this is not a bad lotion for being a generic brand. I have oily, sensitive, acne-prone skin, so I have to be very careful about what products I use and usually end up going for those that are oil-free and non-comedogenic. This doesn't claim to be either, but so far so good. I haven't had any new breakouts caused by this lotion, and when I use a pea-sized amount (actually, about half of a pea sized amount) it makes my skin soft but not at all oily or shiny. I apply it in the morning and at night before I go to bed, and I've noticed that when I apply it at night, my face is much less oily than it normally is when I wake up in the morning. Though it promises to "even out skin tone", only time will tell, as I have only been using the product for about 2 and a half weeks. But otherwise, I do recommend this product. The packaging is nice, and though I said I wouldn't buy it again, it's not a diss on the product. I just don't see myself using the bottle at the half-a-pea-size rate I'm going, and I am constantly trying new products. But yes, it's an okay moisturizer.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

Terrible product! I tried this in pursuit of a more even skin tone however this made my face super oily even with a small amount used.... I also had a reaction within less than a week of using it! My skin is acne prone, and even though I used this in conjunction with my usual anti-acne routine, I saw more breakouts. Took this back today and got my money back! Avoid this if you have sensitive and/or oily skin...

Equate makes an AWESOME oil-free moisturizer with SPF 15 called "Beauty Lotion" -- definitely switching back to that.