Sukí Eye Repair Balm

Filtered by age: 25-29
Sukí Eye Repair Balm

2.5

organic sunflower (helianthis annus), jojoba (simmondsia chinensis), rice germ (oryza sativa), grapeseed (vitis vineifera), evening primrose (oenothera biennis) & rosehip seed (rosa canina) oils, organic fair trade cocoa butter (theobroma cacao), organic fair trade coconut oil (cocos nucifera), 100% natural beeswax (cera alba), organic carrot oil (daucus carota), 100% natural non-gmo vitamin e (tocopherol), organic fair trade shea butter (butyrospermum parkii), organic apricot kernel oil (prunus armeniaca), organic lavender (lavandula angustifolia) & carrot seed (daucus carota) extracts, aroma (pure premium steam distilled essential oil)

on 4/19/2014 5:27:00 PM

This balm pales in comparison to 100% Pure's Super Fruits Eye Balm. First of all, it is very difficult to get the product out (in a sanitary or unsanitary way). It has a smell that I do not find to be very pleasant. I also do not really appreciate the coloring of the balm (yellow), although it does not affect product performance when you blend it all in. This is an okay product, but I was not wowed by it. It moisturizes well, but I do not think it has very many anti-aging benefits, and for this reason, will not repurchase.

on 4/2/2013 12:55:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

LIKE:
- Deeply rich. Shea butter feels awesome, and the skin around my eyes is still moist and plush in the am.
- I think I've noticed a decrease in the crepiness on the lower lid's inside corners. (I was a chronic squinter). Not sure, may be a temporary effect just due to the moisturizing effect.
- Because it's so rich, little is needed. I think a jar could last well over a year. Seriously it's been months and it looks like I've barely used it.
-The bright happy yellow color.
- The yummy smell, lightly herbal and mildly sweet. LOVE IT.
- Use whats left over on my ring finger as a lip balm (the directions suggested this!)
- Holds on to eyeshadows well
- Natural ingredients. I don't know the specifics, but it's sold at Whole Foods. I tend to prefer "natural-ish" products when it comes to eyes and lips. It makes sense in my head. Can't explain it.

UNLIKE:
- It hardens when it gets cold, creating the need to warm it between my fingers before applying. And yes, it does have some bits of unmelted shea butter. **Although, if you're into the rituals of face care and have the time, I guess warming it and releasing the scents could actually be a plus. This probably doesn't apply if you live in warm weather.
- If you glob it on, you will get a yellow tone over your eyelids. Don't do it.
- Makes the blending of eyeshadows tricky. If you're OCD about blending your shadows (like I can be at times), stay away.
- No SPF. Ok ok so most eye creams don't have SPF. But I would like
Suki eye repair balm more if it did.
- For over $32-38 USD per 0.5 oz / 15mL, doesn't seem worth it, at least to me, to repurchase. Even with the "little bit goes a long way" quality.
- And since it is in jar, it makes me concerned about all the things that would like to grow in it, especially since it takes forever to get through the jar.

OVERALL:
- 1 lippie off for being a fuss to apply, especially on cold mornings when I'm running late (as usual). This might not be an issue if you're into the "slow living" movement
- 1 lippie off for the difficulties I encounter when using eyeshadow. Hmm maybe I should stop using it in the day time. But I'm sorry, I can't do two separate eye creams unless one has an SPF.
- 1 "vitual lippie" off for the price. I debated about this, since it lasts for-freakin-EVER. But if you don't like it you might get stuck with it

on 2/22/2012 11:18:00 AM

I have tried almost every Suki product, and apparently that line just doesn't agree with my skin. I hated this product. It made my eyes burn without moisturizing them & made them look super oily too.

on 12/17/2010 3:00:00 PM

I was hoping this would have a more thick and creamy consistently, as I was expecting to use this as a night eye cream. Instead, it is extremely firm (especially when cold), and I have to swirl my finger for a while in the container before I can get any product out. When on the skin, it just STAYS THERE and doesn't absorb at all. If you get enough of this product around your eyes, it also has a very ugly yellow tone. After several months of use, I did not notice any difference in the fine lines around my eyes. The only positive things going for this product is the scent-- and because it's a solid, I can travel with it on the airplanes without hassle.
If you are looking for an effective (and natural) undereye cream that absorbs quickly and is non-greasy, I recommend Acure Organics eye cream superfruit + chlorella growth factor! http://www.acureorganics.com/product-p/015.htm