Boots Botanics Organic Face Soothing Cleansing Balm

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
No Image

on 1/11/2013 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This product has been reformulated as Botanics 97% Organic Hot Cloth Cleansing Balm, but its efficacy remains superb. Forget Liz Earle and Eve Lom, this cleanser is the business, being all-natural plus much, much cheaper. And it lasts for ages. With the new packaging you also get a muslin cloth, which is larger than the previous one. In the winter I also use it on my lips as well as face to scrub off flakiness. Really, you can't ask for more!

on 10/20/2010 9:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is the Boots Botanics Organic Face Soothing Cleansing Balm which I purchased from my local Boots store. It usually costs 6.36 but I bought it when it was on promotion for 5.36. The product is 92% Certified Organic. The balm comes in a glass jar with 70g of product inside which doesn't sound like a lot but it lasts for ages!
The product is part of the Boots Botanics Organic range which is slowly expanding and I have purchased products from the Botanics range before but have always overlooked this product due to the fact it is a balm and is an oil based cleanser and i thought that this would only make my combination/acne prone skin worse. However, I was recently doing some research on balm cleansers and found out that combination/oily skin actually works best with oil based cleansers so i thought I may as well give this one a go as it is a brand that I am familiar with and it wasn't too expensive.
So with the balm you get a muslin cloth which I personally do not like. I find it too harsh and rough so instead I bought muslin squares from the baby section in boots which are perfect! (5.99 for 6 huge cloths! :-D) I take a small amount of the balm, warm it up between my fingers and massage into my skin which breaks down my make up in no time. I make my cloth nice and hot and press this on to my skin to lift the impurities out and then gently begin to move the cloth in circular motions around my face to break down the balm and lightly exfoliate my face and neck. once i've done then I then make the cloth cold and press this on my face to close my pores. It is suprisingly quick to do and the balm is not too thick. It has a lovely lemoney fresh scent and my face feels so clean after using this. I have been using it for a week and have had no break outs and it has not made my skin any more (or less) oily.
The balm has been compared to the very expensive Eve Lom balm. Although I have never used it I think I would still choose the Boots Botanics Organic Balm because it is Organic and Paraben Free (and no mineral oil) and also the price is a lot cheaper!
Overall, I would definitely reccomend this to all skin types as well as oily skin. It is very gentle on the skin and has caused no irritation.