Pixi Correction Concentrate- Brightening Peach

Pixi Correction Concentrate- Brightening Peach
Correction Concentrate- Brightening PeachCorrection Concentrate- Brightening Peach

4.1

Petrolatum, Diisostearyl Malate, Silica, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Polybutene, Polyethylene, Sorbitan Isostearate, Alumina, Microcrystalline Wax, Glycerin, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Phosphatidylcholine, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C), Retinyl Palmitate. (Vitamin A), Rosa Canina Fruit Extract, Alcohol, Water, Simethicone, Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Mica (CI 77019), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035:1).

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is the only concealer I have ever owned that doesn't crease under my eyelids. It brightens my under eye area and doesn't get cakey if I need some extra concealer added into problem areas. I would definitely recommend this product.

I have really dark blue-purple shadows under my eyes, so I need really, really good coverage. I have been using Benefit Erase Paste for ages and to date, that's been the best under eye concealer for me. I was curious about the Pixi as it looks very similar to the Benefit, so I wondered if it was any better.

In short, for me no. The Pixi is darker than the Benefit and less creamy. It did cover my circles somewhat, but the dark peach colour meant that my under eyes did not look brighter at all; I could actually detect a slight orange tone. I am very pale though, so I think for darker skin tones this would not be an issue. I found the Pixi to be rather drying too and it settled into fine lines pretty much instantly.

I was really disappointed as I had heard so many good things about this, but it just didn't work for me. :-(

on 3/15/2017 4:48:00 PM

I purchased this product out of curiosity, and I ended up really liking it. Prior to this, I was using the Giorgio Armani corrector, which I also like, but is quite a bit more expensive. I apply the Pixi Corrector using a small brush and then blend out with my finger. You only need a very small amount, so the pot is going to last quite awhile. I don't apply it all over my under eye area, just at the inside corners where most of the darkness is. I follow with my Lancome Effacernes concealer. I have fair skin (NC20), and this shade is perfect. It's a soft peachy/pink that seems to work well for my skin tone. I really am quite impressed with this product. It's much better than I expected, and I would definitely buy it again. I think it's every bit as good as the Giorgio Armani corrector. Now, don't get me wrong, I really do like the GA corrector, but I'm not sure it's worth the extra cost when compared to the Pixi Corrector. Since buy the Pixi, I tend to reach for it more, which says a lot. It's definitely worth trying, especially, if you've never tried a corrector before. I don't think you'll be disappointed with this one. I can't think of anything I don't like about it!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I purchased this at Shopper's Drug Mart in Canada for just over $18 CAD. That is actually pretty pricey for a drugstore product, and the amount you get is smaller than I was expecting, the pot is literally as big as a small gel eyeliner container. I've only recently started using this so I'm not sure how long it's going to last me, but hopefully I don't run through it too quickly.

The product itself is actually quite good. I am very pale and have extremely pigmented under eye circles, and have my whole life. They are purplish/brownish in colour and the bane of my existence, I always need them concealed. Warming up the product with your finger and then tapping and pressing it into the skin seems to work the best way for me, you could apply it with a concealer brush too but I would follow it up by blending it into the skin using your finger as the heat really makes it melt into the skin better. You need to apply a concealer in your skin tone over top. The combination of the two together really counteracts the discolouration of my under eye bags and now that I've been using this it's become a part of my routine I don't like forgoing, because I can really notice a difference when I just use concealer alone.

I can see how this product can easily get cakey if you use too much or don't blend well enough. It does collect a bit in the fine lines around my eye, so setting your concealer is absolutely integral as well as applying over moisturized undereyes. I just gently wipe away any of the creases with my finger if I see them - this has not only happened to me with this product but seems rather unavoidable. Using a primer underneath seems to help with any creasing as well.

Right now I have put "yes" for re-purchasing in the future, however if this lasts an unreasonably short amount of time or I find something in the future that works better I might change my mind. However I do like this product and would say it's worth trying out if you deal with discolouration under your eyes.

on 1/17/2017 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I just got this product. Overall it's amazing but sadly it won't work on my skin tone because I'm too dark (nc42). It's way too light for a corrector for my under eyes. I have been using Bobbi brown dark peach corrector which is my perfect shade for correction and this one is way too light. However, it would probably work great for someone with lighter skin tone (atleast 2 shades lighter than me). It's very creamy and would work well for under eyes. Price is unbeatable! I have tried NYx orange concealer too but it wasn't creamy at all and completely useless for under eye area . I think it's even creamier than my expensive Bobbi brown one! I really hope they make it in more colors so I can wear it too but for now I'll have to stick to Bobbi brown only because of color match. If you're lighter than me, go for this product. If ur same as me or darker, forget it.

on 1/3/2017 1:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

A good brightener/corrector! I bought this because I needed some brightening for my dark circles, and the price point was too good to pass up.

When I first used this, it caked on me like crazy, but I figured out that a tiny amount goes a long way. Now, I warm up the product first, then apply a tiny bit with my ring finger on the darkest areas of my undereye (near the inner corner) and then blend and set with a damp Beautyblender (the secret: it lessens the cakiness!). Then I proceed with a concealer. You can immediately see the difference in how it brightens your eyes.

If you are still building your makeup kit, you can live without this (for now), but it does make such a difference!

on 11/29/2016 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

(For reference; I'm an NC15 with dry skin and large pores/texture)

I can't recommend this product enough!

It comes in a small pot (which has so far lasted me around 8 months and I'm not even halfway through), and has a bit of a solid and sticky feel, but works like a dream on my under-eye circles.

I hate using my fingers with makeup, but I think that this is the most effective way of applying it- I warm it slightly between two fingers, before gently tapping it under my eyes. I'll then conceal the rest of my face, before dabbing over it with concealer on a beauty blender, then doing my foundation.

Other people have complained about it caking or adding texture- I haven't had any problems like this, but I have dry skin. You really don't need much product at all, and it's very effective... It almost completely erases my dark circles.

It works well and stays put throughout the day, though the one negative is that sometimes I can find it moves when I put my foundation on; I simply put a bit more on, conceal again and I'm good to go!

It does the job perfectly, the pot lasts a long time, it wears well, and I find it very reasonably priced at £14. My one piece of advice is to definitely warm it between your fingers, though.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is a really good product. I'm very fair with moderate purply darkness in my inner corners, and this pretty much erases it! I apply it after foundation and before my regular undereye concealer. Using a small dense flat top angled brush, I tap it into the product to get just a tiny amount. I think the tiny amount is key! I then use the brush to press it into my skin where I need it, and tada, no more dark area. I don't have any issues with caking or dryness and I think that's because I use so little. I then apply my regular concealer over it, with no issues. I would definitely buy again, and do recommend.

on 6/29/2016 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Ok, let me first start of by saying I had high expectations for this product, before purchasing i read rave reviews and saw great before and after pictures. So it was very easy to be disappointed with this product. Im from sweden and despite the brand being swedish it is much more expensive here than in the US. But it didnt bother me that much, usually i dont have a problem spending a little more for quality, however i dont think this was worth the price(I paid around 25$). Heres why, whenever i color-C orrect with this, and put on other products (like foundation, setting powder etc) it looks just horrible, it creases, looks unnatural, but the worst part is that it changes color, turns greyish or something, and I've tried it with different foundations and concealers, nothing works.
However this is not a catastophe product, it does work when you use it alone without other makeup products on, just to cover dark circles, it even covers them better than most products. It blends into my own skin tone and looks really natural, it gives you a healthy glow. But since i either have a full face on or nothing i dont get much use out of it and thats why I regret buying it.

This has definitely become a stable in my makeup routine. Has very high coverage qualities, only if it's applied carefully and set with a translucent powder. I use an eye cream and face primer before hand. Apply with lightly dipping your clean ring finger into the pot and dotting on beginning of the inner corner and lightly working your way out. Once I have an even layer, I go in with a slightly damp beauty blender and barely go over the top to blend a little more. Go directly with a translucent powder over the top before this product dries. If it dries you will have a VERY cakey mess. This does wear nicely throughout my 9 hour days consisting of class and work. I would recommend if you're combo skin or dry. Another win from my dearest Pixi!