Sleek Creme to Powder Foundation Oil-Free

2.8

Carbomer 1-2 Propylene Glycol 2-Ethyl Hexyl Palmitate

Probably the worst foundation I've ever used. Couldn't make it work, no matter what techiques I've tried. It's still in the bottom of my make-up box, waiting for a chance. It's extremely cakey, but not in a way where would set in a certain spots and cake there, no. It's cakey and doesn't set - which is just horrible! Just fair foundation balls sailing on your face. Ugh.

I bought this after using Sleek Contour Palette for a while, which was pretty nice! After the experience with this foundation, I'm not gonna buy anything by Sleek unless it has got raving reviews.

Only positive thing I can say is that the shade I got was fair enough (Linen) and that the product is very affordable. Then again those things don't really matter if you can't use the product at all.

on 3/5/2015 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Tried a sample set of this in light when ordering the bb cream. The light shades are quite dark but I settled on Barley which was a lovely shade. I applied this with my real techniques beauty blender and the finish was beautiful really good coverage but looked very natural. So I was really pleased but after a couple of hours I was shining really badly and the product started to fade and look patchy. It didn't play well with my concealor either as it had all faded right with the product. Couldn't wait to take it off my skin felt and looked dirty by the end if the day with all flaws visible. If you have any hint of oiliness stay away from this. Don't be fooled by the oil free claims.

To Read all 12 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This was my first Sleek purchase and completely put me off the brand. I have tried similar foundations to this one in the past and never had the same problems. Don't go near this product if you have any areas of dry skin. It cakes and then oxidises. The lightest shade was still too dark for me, in the pallete it looked near white but certainly wasn't when applied. I don't recommend this for people who suffer with breakouts, it clings to them and makes them look prominent. It didn't hold up well during the day and isn't buildable either. I would recommend this product to people with a warm undertone, slight excess oil and no breakouts. As always, try before you buy if possible.

on 10/17/2013 10:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Probably one of the worst foundation I had worn on my face!

Application was easy and made me look flawless, although it was a little hard to cover my acne scars which had already been concealed. I used damp BeautyBlender (although it's fine to use the sponge itself) and after application, my skin did not look so matte, although it could be because of my damp BeautyBlender. So, I used the sponge dry and my skin looks good.

Here's where my negative reviews come in:
After around 2 hours wearing it out, I was so horrified to see my skin so shiny! I thought it being oil-free would make my skin less oily. I touched my nose and noticed it wasn't as oily as it looked (there wasn't so much oil! but the finishing of the foundation made my skin shine. Don't really know how to explain, but I looked so oily. Thought my skin was active in producing too much sebum that day, but even after blotting and touching up with the same foundation, I still looked oily.

Moreover, my acne scars were beginning to show up, like I didn't use concealer. Probably the lasting power was not so good. And my skin looked tired with this product on it, as I could see fine lines on my forehead (which I had never noticed with my previous foundation)

This product was a disappointment to me as I saw some good reviews of it here. Maybe it works for others but just not for me. Luckily, the price was affordable and the packaging was not a problem. I'm a fan of Sleek's eyeshadows and lip products but never buying its foundation again. Switching back to my previous one!

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

one of my favorite foundations! I have combination skin and this works well for me! I am mac NC42 and I use Fudge, only downfall would be packaging and it does need powdering despite the name

on 11/18/2012 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

i love this because its medium to full coverage so I use it as a concealer. The only issue I have is my tzone still gets oily after about 4 hours . I have oily skin - this doesn't break me out at all so I will continue to use it. I will use a primer and see if the oiliness stops but love this product.

on 11/9/2012 3:17:00 PM

My tan faded and wanted to try new foundations for my lighter skin, so decided to purchase this sample. It was only $3 and some change online so I thought why not. I'm actually wearing it today! Not bad so far. My skin looks nice and the color Fudge matches me perfectly atm (last color in the light/Medium sample). Oil control is not that great. Started getting oily after 3hrs. I still prefer Hourglass Immaculate for mattifying. Overall not bad at all. Will edit if anything changes (break outs, dryness, etc).

on 9/12/2012 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

after reading some tempting reviews, i bought the tester kit in fair/light and light shade.

the package is okay, functional, and look good.
at the beginning i kinda like it. i finally find the perfect foundation shade for me , which is #Shell. it's kinda weird because im asian, NC25 with strong yellow undertone and im not supposed to be that fair in Sleek's chart.but anyway, for all these years my face is DARKER than my neck & chest. maybe my face is NC25, but im not sure about the rest.

i have trouble applying it as well. i use my foundation brush, but it wont slide. it just sticks there on my face like paint blots.so i have to use damp sponge to cover the whole area.it takes quite some time, and i dont like this kind of trouble.
also, it smells terrible, like some damp rag. im not kidding, this thing smells weird, and annoying, and the smell stays there until i took it off.
next thing i dont like, it dries me out, like gives me flaky-wrinkled skin.this is odd, really, because i have a very oily T-zone, and even that area turns to dry & flaky patches while im using this.
i want to love it :( i really do, but i cant

on 8/25/2011 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I order a sample of this labelled for light/medium skin tone. It arrived in a plastic container with 5 compartments with various shades. I was surprised to find even the lightest shade is too dark for me, at the present I am NC40 (summer). To my guessing, the lightest shade in this sample kit will be NC 50.
If I knew ahead of time, I should order the fair/light kit.
Texture-wise, to say this is cream to powder is misleading, its more like a very dry cream foundation. By itself, it is kind of hard to spread. By adding a dab of silicone primer, all dry cakey foundation becomes creamy & smooth. The product does have good pigment. I don't know if the full size is as dry as the sample I received, but given the way Sleek labelled their colour, I will stay away for now.

on 8/10/2011 6:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

EDIT: after 2 months of using this i gave up. my skin 'got used to it' and it started wearing off very quickly. it also got very hard to blend. A compact lasted me TWO weeks!