4.5

package quality

price range

Reviews

3 years ago

I haven't restocked this product for almost 2 years, but i really loved this cleanser. It's non drying on my skin and really cleanse well. Price point is sooooo good too. I will purchase it again during my next iherb order.

About reviewer (24 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrown

3 years ago

This has replaced my Beauty without Cruelty face cleanser which is half the size and four or five dollars more (more if you shop around for this one). This specific one is for facial cleansing. They also have one for the body. It is added fragrance free but it does have a smell because of the essential oils used in it. That's fine for me but for someone SUPER sensitive it might be an issue. This is a low sudsing gel! Love it, love it, love it!

About reviewer (280 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal, Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

3 years ago

Note that this comes in both a fragrance free and fresh fruit, both of which I see in stores; this review is for the fragrance free only. (Also note that you can get a gallon of this for about $45 on the NutriBiotic website, as well as a Sensitive Skin version; I assume from the description is even gentler.) Note from the website: "Sensitive Skin Cleanser, which is free of paraben preservatives, sodium laureth/lauryl sulfates, cocamide DEA, free chlorine derivatives, colorings, and fragrance." I've repurchased this several times, which is unusual, I have to be very pleased with a product to do that. My skin is very reactive and since menopause extremely dry. This does foam, but a "loose" soft foam rather than a dense one. I did use this daily in the shower before menopause, and it wasn't excessively drying. However, I've been working from home and due to the dry skin from menopause, taking less frequent showers, as well as not wearing makeup every day. So I don't need a foaming cleanser on a daily basis; I usually use this just on my face and neck, though I suppose it'd work fine for the body too. (I like a baking soda soap for that, helps counter odor.) Used this way, I don't find this too drying, and it cleanses well without irritation. Given my incredibly sensitive skin, this is pretty great. I generally pay about $8 for this, and a bottle lasts me over a year. I bet that a family of sensitive skin people could get the gallon size for the shower...you can get a pump for $2.

About reviewer (244 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairSilver, Curly, Medium

EyesGray

3 years ago

I've repurchased this cleaner from iHerb a number of times and will continue to. It doesn't strip my skin but still cleanses, takes a few washes to get off heavy makeup though. My skin has less breakouts now because previous cleaners were too harsh. One bottle lasts me around four months.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOther, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesGreen

4 years ago

My absolute favorite skin cleanser! I have dry and sensitive skin with acne. This cleanser cleans well and is gentle without irritated my face or leaving it tight and dry. Also a little goes a long ways! I use half a pump to clean my face and I have had one bottle for 6 months and use it every night.

About reviewer (20 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

5 years ago

This is my staple facial cleanser now. I picked some up a couple of years ago at my local health food store after my former go-to Alba Sea foaming face wash changed their fragrance to something I couldn't tolerate. Even though I use it every day, I only recently had to open a new bottle. I get it from Vitacost now, super cheap. A little goes a long way. I pump out a just a smidge and it cleans my face without drying it out. It's cruelty-free, too. Update 6/1/16: Still using this with great results. Love it. Very reasonably priced, too.

About reviewer (43 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

5 years ago

Affordable, non soap, scent free, fairly clean ingredients. It doesnt take off waterproof mascara very well

About reviewer (1297 reviews)

Age30-35

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

3.0
from

7 years ago

I bought this because I had some type of allergy with tiny bumps on my shoulders and wanted something fragrance free and more natural. This cleanser made my body feel tight and dry because of the sulfate in it...I guess...Didn't really help with those bumps either so I won't be repurchasing. Also, is not completely fragrance free, it smells like peppermint a little.

About reviewer (457 reviews)

Age30-35

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

from

9 years ago

This is my HG face wash. I sometimes use it on my body too. I have extremely acne-prone skin and mild rosacea. This isn't over-drying, it cleans well, and doesn't have any strong fragrance to it. I have used many face washes in the past, and this is the only one I will let touch my face now! Great product if you are prone to acne and looking for a basic cleanser. It's decent at removing makeup as well :)

About reviewer (18 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

3.0

10 years ago

Nice face cleanser. gentle, removes makeup very well, smells good, feels very satin-y, very foamy. Its majority natural but there is about 2 ingredients that arnt good for you. Although it says its non drying it does leave my skin a lil tight but pretty much all cleansers do that.

About reviewer (397 reviews)

AgeUnder 18