Perfect Formula Pink Gel Coat

Perfect Formula Pink Gel Coat

3.6

Butyl Acetate, Ethyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, Phthalic Anhydride/Trimellitic Anhydride/Glycols Copolymer, Acetyl Tributyl Citrate, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Camphor, Disodium Distyrylbiphenyl Disulfonate, Etocrylene, Formaldehyde, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Calcium Pantothenate, D&C Red no.6 (CI15850), D&C Violet No. 2 (CI 60725).

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I bought the 4 pack of the Perfect Formula polishes. It included this pink gel coat, a regular gel coat, my perfect top coat, and a strong nail system nail oil. I'm glad I bought these during an ipsy sale because I wouldn't pay full price. I would not recommend these whatsoever. There are plenty of other brands that provide the same pink gel and regular gel costs, top costs, and oils. The packaging is horrendous. Every bottle except the oil has broken in the few months I've owned these. The lid comes undone from the brush making it difficult to even use these. On top of that they are all already drying out. The top coat completely destroyed and dried out because of the broken lid I believe. And the other two polishes are already thick. There's also hardly any product in these. The oil is the only one that's held up that I still use. Out of all my nail polish cheap and expensive, these bottles have broken and dried out before others that I've owned for a long time. These are crap in my opinion and I would not buy them again.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I obtained a free sample of this polish and was excited to try it as I am a huge fan of the Dior version of this product. The Perfect Formula is super pretty: glossy clear coat with an effect that makes the nail appear pinker and healthier. Note that the color enhancing effect only lasts for a few days (same deal with Dior).

The Perfect Formula polish somehow peels off of my nails within 3-5 days of application. So weird! The Dior formula doesn't do this for me so I will be sticking with Dior.

To Read all 57 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I had this in the ruby and it came with two bottles of the base coat and two bottles of nail polish. The ruby added a really nice pink color to my nails and a lovely sheen. The problem however, was I could not get any of it to last on my nails past an hour. It chipped immediately and I would just be typing on my computer. Really doing nothing. I tried with base coat, making sure my nails were scrupulously clean, all kinds of tricks and no change. I had to return the kit. What a shame because it really did make my nails look great.

The bottles with their round lids were old school and needed a revamp. Hard to hold and I worried about tippage the entire time I was putting on the color. And cost of kit was $35, so 8.75 dollars a bottle. Not particularly cheap but not excessive if these had been stellar products.

on 4/21/2016 12:23:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Very pretty, sheer, just barely pink polish/strengthener. I use it on it's own and it makes my nails look much healthier. Gives a nice shine and the pink makes the tips of my nails look whiter and overall better. I do find that this peels and chips fairly quickly (about 2 days) and is very expensive for a product that needs to be touched up so fast. Would not repurchase because of this. If it was cheaper I would likely rebuy but instead I'm going to look for a dupe.

on 2/4/2016 12:45:00 PM

I love the way this makes my nails look, so much brighter and healthier looking. I don't even want to put on colour because I really like this by itself.

on 12/22/2015 3:44:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Yay yay did i say yay!!!!! My nails are soft and break easily. Thankfully i prefer a shorter nail. This being said i love the stuff. Glided on easily and makes my dull nails glossy and healthy looking. I feel like i just got a salon manicure. I am hard on my hands and this polish holds up

on 4/20/2015 8:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

I wanted to try this forever but held off due to the price and mediocre reviews. I received the deluxe sample via sephora recently. Used it at least 4x. My nails are naturally long and strong so here's my review... The Good... The polish gives a nice sheer wash of pink to the nail bed after one coat. After 2 or 3 coats the pink color is much more prominent and the nail tip is indeed white. It dries to a high gloss finish and creates a stronger nail. Which is good. My already long nails look rather perfect. It's very pretty however... The Bad... This polish makes my nails a little brittle making it prone to breakage. It also does not last long on the nail. It peels extremely easily, which I don't mind since I have a bad habit of peeling nail polish off. I don't notice any faster growth to my nails, mainly because my nails grow fast on their own. I have been using this as a base coat for now but would not repurchase or recommend because for $30 there are tons of other nail treatments for a fraction of the cost.

on 4/18/2015 7:29:00 PM

I got this as a trial sized freebie from Sephora. I've tried the Sally Hansen pink 'hard as nails' before and figured this would be similar. Then I saw the price tag of this and couldn't believe it. I figured I'd better just enjoy my sample because no way would I ever pay that.

My hands go through A LOT. They are constantly in water, scrubbing things, etc and if I wear polish, it chips right away. Even clear doesn't work for me unless I reapply daily as it dulls and chips. My natural nails look so dull and rugged with nothing on them and I always want to hide my hands.

Over a week after applying this, my nails still looked like I just stepped out of a salon. If there were chips, I couldn't see them and my nails still had that beautiful polished glow. My nails looked brighter and healthier. I felt pampered and pretty, I kept looking at my hands.

As a busy mom whose nail polish never makes it for more than a day, this is the perfect, low maintenance polish to make me feel more put together. At this rate, it would probably take the better part of a year to go through the sample bottle. So if I did run out of this - yes, I actually would repurchase at full cost! It takes literally seconds to slick on a coat of this, my nails look so much nicer and the effect lasts for over a week... I'm sold.

My natural nails were strong to begin with so the 'strengthening' aspect wasn't much of a selling point for me, and I can't really comment in that department other than this stuff certainly did not make my natural nails worse. It finally got sunny here and I got to see how different they look in the sun. Hard to describe... still a glossy natural look but they kind of look like a uv light? I know that was a turn off to some reviewers but I thought it looked pretty cool.

on 2/24/2015 10:18:00 AM

Very similar product to Dior Nail Glow, this is a very expensive clear nail polish but Dior's is vastly superior. I'd recommend it over this any day.

The packaging SUCKS. The handle is small and flat and I find that I can barely hold on to it when applying this product to my nails. Also, for a nail polish bottle, the opening is humongous. Makes it difficult to wipe excess product off the brush. I have never used a nail polish that was bottled this way, it's terrible.

The brush is okay, I wish it was a little more stiff like Dior's. Overall, I just found this product to be difficult to apply neatly. And it also chips off faster than Dior Nail Glow.

As for the Perfect Pink Gel itself, it makes my nails look glossy and polished. The pink tint doesn't show up on my nails at all, except under fluorescent lighting. Nice product for when I just want my nails to look natural-but-better, with a bit of shine.

But I will not buy this again, it's Dior Nail Glow for me.

I bought this at Sephora after removing my acrylics. I've used it pretty regularly but haven't noticed my nails getting any stronger. I like the shine and the brightening effect, but I won't be repurchasing when I run out.

Popular Treatments