Origins Brighter by Nature SPF 35 skin tone correcting moisturizer

Filtered by hair type : Curly
No Image

1 review

active ingredients: homosalate, octisalate avobenzone, octocrylene, inactive ingredients: citrus aurantium amara (bitter orange) flower water, anthemis nobilis (chamomile) flower water, butyloctyl salicylate, methyl trimethicone, jojoba esters, butylene glycol, polyester-8, ethyl macadamiate, lauryl peg-9 polydimethylsiloxyethyl dimethicone, peg-100 stearate, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), glyceryl stearate, citrus aurantifolia (lime) oil, citrus grandis (grapefruit) peel oil, cymbopogon schoenanthus (lemongrass) oil, mentha viridis (spearmint) leaf oil, salvia sclarea (clary sage) oil, ormenis multicaulis (chamomile) oil, pelargonium graveolens (geranium) flower oil, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil, thymus vulgaris (thyme) oil, coriandrum sativum (coriander) fruit oil, citral, geraniol, linalool, citronellol, limonene, gentiana lutea (gentian) root extract, hordeum vulgare (barley) extractextrait d'orge, paeonia albiflora (peony) root extract, sanguisorba officinalis (burnet) root extract, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, perilla ocymoides leaf extract, pyrus malus (apple) fruit extract, hydrolyzed rice bran extract, scutellaria baicalensis root extract, triticum vulgare (wheat) germ extract, polygonum tinctorium leaf/stem extract, curcuma longa (turmeric) root extract, palmaria palmata extract, trametes versicolor extract, sodium grape seed extract phosphate, micrococcus lysate, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, silica, potassium cetyl phosphate, cetyl alcohol, ethylhexylglycerin, arginine, ascorbyl glucoside, caffeine, salicylic acid, cholesterol, behenyl alcohol, tocotrienols, linoleic acid, sodium hyaluronate, squalane, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, phospholipids, ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp copolymer, caprylyl glycol, tocopheryl acetate, glycyrrhetinic acid, dehydroxanthan gum, sodium stearate, sodium dehydroacetate, phenoxyethanol, mica

on 10/5/2010 8:49:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have been using this for a couple weeks now and, even though I can't say that my skin looks "brighter" (yet), per se, I am *tremendously* pleased with it for other reasons.

My skin (normal when in-balance; v. greasy but dehydrated when out of whack) is currently in freak-out mode from trying (again) to add daily sunscreen use back into my routine -- I stopped several years ago, because it was never compatible with the routine that works best for my skin (OCM + oils to hydrate) and have since noticed *huge* changes in my skin. For the worse, as you can imagine. When I saw that Origins, which I love most passionately, had recently introduced an SPF moisturizer which also promised to deal with my splotchiness and dullness, I jumped on it.

It is bliss! Initial application of almost any sunscreen gives me the prickles -- sometimes temporary, sometimes as a precursor to total irritation. This . . . did not. It just feels really, really gooooooooooooood: sinks in immediately, with excellent light-to-medium moisturizing abilities. Absolutely no greasiness, moisturizes well, but not too much. After a few days, my skin had calmed down substantially, which has resulted in a considerably fresher appearance -- no more deyhydrated greasiness, or angry redness -- and my skin looks moisturized and soft. It also *feels* tremendously soft. For those facts alone -- a non-irritating sunscreen that keeps my skin calm and fresh-looking -- I would shell out the admittedly sort-of-spendy $45USD for 1.7oz tub. If I get any sort of overt brightening from it, as well, I will happily consider that frosting on my protected skin cake. Admittedly, I'm never going to be the person who smears an entire 1/4tsp (or whatever it is) of sunscreen on my face, so for me the price isn't actually that bad. A generous coating of my index fingertip is plenty for me to feel I have some modicum of protection, so I won't be burning through a tub a month. Of course, it *is* a tub, which I'm kind of meh about. I love, love, love that I can get every last drop from a tub, and while I'm not the biggest fan of sticking a finger in there, repeatedly, I'm also not that squicked out by it.

In the interest of full-disclosure, I did change my routine around a bit in order to better accommodate the addition of sunscreen. Most notably, I changed from straight OCM, to Origins Clean Energy cleansing oil, which I like considerably better. I'm sure there is some symbiosis that is lending to my excellent impression of BbN SPF 35. All in all, I will definitely re-purchase, and only wish that I'd found something like this several years ago, when I dumped daily sun protection in order to keep my skin happy. Now I can have both.

Popular Moisturizers