ORIGINS Brighter by Nature SPF 35 skin tone correcting moisturizer

Filtered by hair type : Straight
No Image

2.0

active ingredients: homosalate, octisalate avobenzone, octocrylene, inactive ingredients: citrus aurantium amara (bitter orange) flower water, anthemis nobilis (chamomile) flower water, butyloctyl salicylate, methyl trimethicone, jojoba esters, butylene glycol, polyester-8, ethyl macadamiate, lauryl peg-9 polydimethylsiloxyethyl dimethicone, peg-100 stearate, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), glyceryl stearate, citrus aurantifolia (lime) oil, citrus grandis (grapefruit) peel oil, cymbopogon schoenanthus (lemongrass) oil, mentha viridis (spearmint) leaf oil, salvia sclarea (clary sage) oil, ormenis multicaulis (chamomile) oil, pelargonium graveolens (geranium) flower oil, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil, thymus vulgaris (thyme) oil, coriandrum sativum (coriander) fruit oil, citral, geraniol, linalool, citronellol, limonene, gentiana lutea (gentian) root extract, hordeum vulgare (barley) extractextrait d'orge, paeonia albiflora (peony) root extract, sanguisorba officinalis (burnet) root extract, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, perilla ocymoides leaf extract, pyrus malus (apple) fruit extract, hydrolyzed rice bran extract, scutellaria baicalensis root extract, triticum vulgare (wheat) germ extract, polygonum tinctorium leaf/stem extract, curcuma longa (turmeric) root extract, palmaria palmata extract, trametes versicolor extract, sodium grape seed extract phosphate, micrococcus lysate, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, silica, potassium cetyl phosphate, cetyl alcohol, ethylhexylglycerin, arginine, ascorbyl glucoside, caffeine, salicylic acid, cholesterol, behenyl alcohol, tocotrienols, linoleic acid, sodium hyaluronate, squalane, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, phospholipids, ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp copolymer, caprylyl glycol, tocopheryl acetate, glycyrrhetinic acid, dehydroxanthan gum, sodium stearate, sodium dehydroacetate, phenoxyethanol, mica

on 1/9/2014 11:39:00 AM

I don't really like this moisturizer. I used up the big sample size moisturizer that I have, and the impression is it's oily and makes my makeup slide off. I'm not really sure how to make it work well during the day with make up, but applying it right after I wash and tone my face is fine for a while, but as the day continues, I can feel the oils coming out. I don't mind the scent but I just don't like the product and I have tried my best. I now use it as a hand cream so as not to waste it, but I still don't like it that much. I think it's kind of expensive too so this moisturizer with spf is unfortunately not for me.

I love Origins, but I'm not convinced by this moisturiser.
I have not noticed any difference in my skin tone. I will finish the pot since it is so expensive, but I am looking forward to finishing it.

PROS:
If I were dedicated to only using purely physical UV blockers, then I would probably repurchase this, since SPF 35 seems to be the maximum physical SPF that I can use without my face looking shiny all day and my makeup slipping around too much.

CONS:
This product is not suitable for my eye area, as it makes them sting and water.

This feels greasy on my skin all day, and I'm pretty sure (cannot prove) that it gives me blocked pores that look like colourless bumps all over my face.

on 10/31/2011 11:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have oily, fair skin with freckles. I don't consider myself as having particularly sensitive skin. This stuff makes my skin feel greasy and you can imagine what that does for foundation or make up that goes on over it (a greasy, oily mess).
I don't notice any brightening, but I do get a red itchy rash on my neck and chest everytime I use this on my face. I don't even put it on my neck and everytime, without fail, I get a rash on my neck and chest.
I have even taken breaks for a few weeks or couple months... and it happens over and over again. I don't break out in pimples, like what Vitazing does to me.Maybe there is something in Origins products that doesn't agree with me.
Perhaps, I'll give this to my mom who has drier skin.