Origins Brighter by Nature SPF 35 skin tone correcting moisturizer

Filtered by hair type : Other
No Image

3.0

active ingredients: homosalate, octisalate avobenzone, octocrylene, inactive ingredients: citrus aurantium amara (bitter orange) flower water, anthemis nobilis (chamomile) flower water, butyloctyl salicylate, methyl trimethicone, jojoba esters, butylene glycol, polyester-8, ethyl macadamiate, lauryl peg-9 polydimethylsiloxyethyl dimethicone, peg-100 stearate, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), glyceryl stearate, citrus aurantifolia (lime) oil, citrus grandis (grapefruit) peel oil, cymbopogon schoenanthus (lemongrass) oil, mentha viridis (spearmint) leaf oil, salvia sclarea (clary sage) oil, ormenis multicaulis (chamomile) oil, pelargonium graveolens (geranium) flower oil, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil, thymus vulgaris (thyme) oil, coriandrum sativum (coriander) fruit oil, citral, geraniol, linalool, citronellol, limonene, gentiana lutea (gentian) root extract, hordeum vulgare (barley) extractextrait d'orge, paeonia albiflora (peony) root extract, sanguisorba officinalis (burnet) root extract, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, perilla ocymoides leaf extract, pyrus malus (apple) fruit extract, hydrolyzed rice bran extract, scutellaria baicalensis root extract, triticum vulgare (wheat) germ extract, polygonum tinctorium leaf/stem extract, curcuma longa (turmeric) root extract, palmaria palmata extract, trametes versicolor extract, sodium grape seed extract phosphate, micrococcus lysate, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, silica, potassium cetyl phosphate, cetyl alcohol, ethylhexylglycerin, arginine, ascorbyl glucoside, caffeine, salicylic acid, cholesterol, behenyl alcohol, tocotrienols, linoleic acid, sodium hyaluronate, squalane, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, phospholipids, ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp copolymer, caprylyl glycol, tocopheryl acetate, glycyrrhetinic acid, dehydroxanthan gum, sodium stearate, sodium dehydroacetate, phenoxyethanol, mica

on 5/22/2012 8:56:00 PM

It really did help me erase some of my acne marks over the long run (after a few months I noticed a big difference). My brown discolorations from acne faded slightly. Now all that I've on my face are red discolorations.
I don't like the texture too much, however. It's not moisturizing enough during the winter when I travel. Also, it smells pretty much like a sunscreen. I switched the Origins' A Perfect World SPF moisturizer, and these two are similar in consistency. Maybe A Perfect World is a bit more moisturizing.
Also, at one point, when my moisturizer is about 90% finished, I had to shake the jar in order for the product to not look like a white liquid mess inside a yellow liquid (yuck). I told an Origins SA, and she told me to shake it. It didn't seem like anything abnormal to her.

on 1/21/2012 4:37:00 PM

I was disappointed my this product. I've always had such good experiences with Origins.

I got this as a sample and gave it a try for two weeks. It has a very potent smell to it and goes on extremely greasy. I would expect that for something that has SPF. But I didn't notice any difference in my face. *insert sad face

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

It really works, I notice a difference in skin tone after about a week. I'm on my second jar of the product. I think it's better to use it in the winter since it is a bit oily and can really clog up your pores during summer.

The only good thing I can say about this product is its smell. It smells very refreshing and has a bit of fruity scent that brightens my day. However, it is greasy on my face and even after half a day later, it still sits on my skin. When I touch my face, the product gets wiped off by my hands. I didn't see any brightening effects, it just makes my face look greasy. After a while, my cheeks turned a bit red and that's a sign that my skin is reacting to the product because that's where I see redness first when my skin is sensitive to a product. Even after washing it off, my cheeks had already developed a mild rash from it. Took a few days for it to go away. Thank god I received a sample of this rather than buying the actual product because the product is $40+. It's overpriced for its quality.

on 8/11/2011 5:29:00 PM

well, it's a moisture, a day cream, not a sun block. but for my combo skin it serves as a sunblock rather than others....so greasy that I feel I am having sunblock. I need to put powder on it after just because I cannot handle walking around with such a greasy face.
Good for me in some sense, which means I can use this day cream without another layer of sunblock. but I still don't like the sunblock-wise texture.
for moisture I didn't see anything wrong, either good. just fair.

on 6/11/2011 7:57:00 PM

This is an average moisturizer best for drier skin types. It does not lighten or brighten in any way. It is however a very smooth moisturizer that is too much for my normal-combo skin. This is actually the same product as the clinique even better moisturizer, the only difference being the fragrance. The ingredient list is the same and I only found out since I had a slight reaction to this and the clinique one. It comes off the same estee lauder production line and if I had known, I would not have purchased this since the clinique was not effective either. The high spf is nice but no lightening in spots. The peel pads in this line are much better and I highly recommend those. Powder type make up applies well over this but it makes liquid foundation slide around too much and get oily after 2 hours.

on 11/30/2010 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This SPF moisturizer is fine - not bad, not great. I don't see any "brightening," whatever that entails, or evening of skin tone. Or any super hydration (the SA assured me it was for drier skin types). There are tiny little white granules on my face every so often after I apply it (sunscreen?) - it definitely has a unmistakable grittiness to it.

I've been slowly trying to make the shift to more natural products, but this is not a keeper, though I am pleased with its high SPF content. It'll be back to Lancome once I'm done with this jar, or on to something new. Can't wait to be done with this rather ho-hum product.

Popular Moisturizers