ORIGINS Brighter by Nature SPF 35 skin tone correcting moisturizer

Filtered by skin type : Combination
No Image

2.9

active ingredients: homosalate, octisalate avobenzone, octocrylene, inactive ingredients: citrus aurantium amara (bitter orange) flower water, anthemis nobilis (chamomile) flower water, butyloctyl salicylate, methyl trimethicone, jojoba esters, butylene glycol, polyester-8, ethyl macadamiate, lauryl peg-9 polydimethylsiloxyethyl dimethicone, peg-100 stearate, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), glyceryl stearate, citrus aurantifolia (lime) oil, citrus grandis (grapefruit) peel oil, cymbopogon schoenanthus (lemongrass) oil, mentha viridis (spearmint) leaf oil, salvia sclarea (clary sage) oil, ormenis multicaulis (chamomile) oil, pelargonium graveolens (geranium) flower oil, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil, thymus vulgaris (thyme) oil, coriandrum sativum (coriander) fruit oil, citral, geraniol, linalool, citronellol, limonene, gentiana lutea (gentian) root extract, hordeum vulgare (barley) extractextrait d'orge, paeonia albiflora (peony) root extract, sanguisorba officinalis (burnet) root extract, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, perilla ocymoides leaf extract, pyrus malus (apple) fruit extract, hydrolyzed rice bran extract, scutellaria baicalensis root extract, triticum vulgare (wheat) germ extract, polygonum tinctorium leaf/stem extract, curcuma longa (turmeric) root extract, palmaria palmata extract, trametes versicolor extract, sodium grape seed extract phosphate, micrococcus lysate, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, silica, potassium cetyl phosphate, cetyl alcohol, ethylhexylglycerin, arginine, ascorbyl glucoside, caffeine, salicylic acid, cholesterol, behenyl alcohol, tocotrienols, linoleic acid, sodium hyaluronate, squalane, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, phospholipids, ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp copolymer, caprylyl glycol, tocopheryl acetate, glycyrrhetinic acid, dehydroxanthan gum, sodium stearate, sodium dehydroacetate, phenoxyethanol, mica

on 10/5/2010 8:49:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have been using this for a couple weeks now and, even though I can't say that my skin looks "brighter" (yet), per se, I am *tremendously* pleased with it for other reasons.

My skin (normal when in-balance; v. greasy but dehydrated when out of whack) is currently in freak-out mode from trying (again) to add daily sunscreen use back into my routine -- I stopped several years ago, because it was never compatible with the routine that works best for my skin (OCM + oils to hydrate) and have since noticed *huge* changes in my skin. For the worse, as you can imagine. When I saw that Origins, which I love most passionately, had recently introduced an SPF moisturizer which also promised to deal with my splotchiness and dullness, I jumped on it.

It is bliss! Initial application of almost any sunscreen gives me the prickles -- sometimes temporary, sometimes as a precursor to total irritation. This . . . did not. It just feels really, really gooooooooooooood: sinks in immediately, with excellent light-to-medium moisturizing abilities. Absolutely no greasiness, moisturizes well, but not too much. After a few days, my skin had calmed down substantially, which has resulted in a considerably fresher appearance -- no more deyhydrated greasiness, or angry redness -- and my skin looks moisturized and soft. It also *feels* tremendously soft. For those facts alone -- a non-irritating sunscreen that keeps my skin calm and fresh-looking -- I would shell out the admittedly sort-of-spendy $45USD for 1.7oz tub. If I get any sort of overt brightening from it, as well, I will happily consider that frosting on my protected skin cake. Admittedly, I'm never going to be the person who smears an entire 1/4tsp (or whatever it is) of sunscreen on my face, so for me the price isn't actually that bad. A generous coating of my index fingertip is plenty for me to feel I have some modicum of protection, so I won't be burning through a tub a month. Of course, it *is* a tub, which I'm kind of meh about. I love, love, love that I can get every last drop from a tub, and while I'm not the biggest fan of sticking a finger in there, repeatedly, I'm also not that squicked out by it.

In the interest of full-disclosure, I did change my routine around a bit in order to better accommodate the addition of sunscreen. Most notably, I changed from straight OCM, to Origins Clean Energy cleansing oil, which I like considerably better. I'm sure there is some symbiosis that is lending to my excellent impression of BbN SPF 35. All in all, I will definitely re-purchase, and only wish that I'd found something like this several years ago, when I dumped daily sun protection in order to keep my skin happy. Now I can have both.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This moisturizer is a LOT thicker than almost any I've ever used. It has a creamy consistency, and a very "natural"-type of scent. I've used this for about a week and while I don't see any miraculous results (I doubt any skincare delivers that), I do notice my skintone is a bit more even and brighter. I'm hoping it'll help fade some acne spots, I'll update once I've used it for a bit longer.

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

what i expect from this product is something that deliver both nice moisturizer ( orgins normally has ) and good SPF cover without heavy feeling of sun screen products. However, the cream is too thick to be loved. Well, i feel like i put a very heavy Sun screen protector on my face. Sadly, these doesn't feel like an expensive and quality sun protector at all.
- i haven't finish the jar even i have had it for several months. I don't know which seasons to use it. It's too thick to use in the summer , very sticky to the skin. It takes several minutes for the heavy feelings get away. But if you can bear that, you have a smoothing skin after all.
I rather use Origins moizturizers and Clarins sun screen separates .
will not purchase this again

on 6/11/2011 7:57:00 PM

This is an average moisturizer best for drier skin types. It does not lighten or brighten in any way. It is however a very smooth moisturizer that is too much for my normal-combo skin. This is actually the same product as the clinique even better moisturizer, the only difference being the fragrance. The ingredient list is the same and I only found out since I had a slight reaction to this and the clinique one. It comes off the same estee lauder production line and if I had known, I would not have purchased this since the clinique was not effective either. The high spf is nice but no lightening in spots. The peel pads in this line are much better and I highly recommend those. Powder type make up applies well over this but it makes liquid foundation slide around too much and get oily after 2 hours.

on 8/11/2011 5:29:00 PM

well, it's a moisture, a day cream, not a sun block. but for my combo skin it serves as a sunblock rather than others....so greasy that I feel I am having sunblock. I need to put powder on it after just because I cannot handle walking around with such a greasy face.
Good for me in some sense, which means I can use this day cream without another layer of sunblock. but I still don't like the sunblock-wise texture.
for moisture I didn't see anything wrong, either good. just fair.

I was excited the see a skin brightener and a high SPF in one; however, this product is a little too greasy for me. I think it does provide a little brightening but definitely not as much or as quick as the serum (and I cannot comment on the pads because I have not tried them).
The moisturizer does not soak into my skin either. I can see and feel the transfer throughout the day onto my hands and everywhere else.
Might be a good product for dry skin, but it does not work with my combination/oily skin.

on 1/21/2012 4:37:00 PM

I was disappointed my this product. I've always had such good experiences with Origins.

I got this as a sample and gave it a try for two weeks. It has a very potent smell to it and goes on extremely greasy. I would expect that for something that has SPF. But I didn't notice any difference in my face. *insert sad face

on 12/8/2012 9:29:00 PM

I am on my third pot of this and have found it to be a reasonably decent for my combo, slightly sun splotched skin. Not so sure about preventing new spots from forming as a any good spf should be able do that...Nonetheless, haven't had any noticable sun blotches appear since using this.

PROS:
-three in one product, moisturizer, evens overall face skintone color & SPF
-applies very easily
-agreeable scent
-minimal product needed for application
- evens overall face skin tone color :) A+
-minimally clogs pores
-no parabens
-relatively high SPF (35 SPF)

CONS:
-moderate price range $45.00 for 1.7 oz
-leaves a SHINY finish :( ,using finishing powder would be recommended
-leaves a slightly greasy feel on face (may not be good for those w oily skin)
-comes in a pot/tub container, using a scoop is necessary to keep moisturizer clean
-if you expect skin discolorations to lighten, I really haven't seen this to my skin ( for me the pricey $79 Caudalie vinoperfect radiance worked for this )

While not exactly a HG for me, it is a product I will continue to purchase until I find my HG SPF moisturizer.

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: avobenzone, homosalate, octisalate, octocrylene
INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: water, butyloctyl salicylate, methyl trimethicone, jojoba esters, polyester 8, ethyl macadamiate, butylene glycol, lauryl peg-9 polydimimethylsilloxyethyl dimethicone, peg 100 stearate, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), glyceryl stearate, citrus aurantfolia (lime) oil, citrus grandis (grapefruit) peel oil, cymbopogon scheonanthus oil, mentha vidis (spearsmint) leaf oil, salvia sclarea (clary) oil, ormenis multicaulis oil, pelagonium graveolens flower oil, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil, thymus (thyme) oil, coriandrum sativum (coriander) oil, citral geraniol, linalool, citronellol, limonene, gentiana lutea (gentian) root extract, hordeum vulgare (barley) extract, paeonia albiflora (peony) root extract, sanguisorba officinalis, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, hydrolyzed rice bran extract, scutellaria baicalensis root extract, triticum vulgare (wheat) germ extract, polygonum tinctorium leaf/stem extract, curcuma longa (tumeric) root extract, palmaria palmata extract, trametes versicolor extract, micrococcus lysate, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, silica, potassium cetyl phosphate, cetyl alcohol, ethylexylglycerin, arginine, ascorbyl glucoside, caffeine, lecithin, phytosterols, salicylic acid, cholesterol, behenyl alcohol, tocotrienols, lineolic acid, sodium hyaluronate, squalene, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, elaeis guineesis ( palm) oil, squalene, phospholipids, ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp copolymer, caprylyl glycol, tocopheryl acetate, glycyrrhetinic acid, dehydroxanthan gum, sodium hydroxide, tocopherol, stearic acid, sodium dehydroacetate, phenoexyethanol, mica, essential oil
(sorry if missed typos!)

on 2/6/2013 12:01:00 PM

Not a winner for me. I decided to try this as a potential alternative to my Clinique Even Better Moisturizer SPF20. But I didn't care for it at all. It's very greasy and yet my skin still didn't feel hydrated or moisturized if that makes any sense. And it didn't live up to its claims of brightening or making my skin tone more even. Inoffensive fragrance, okay texture and application. Did not break me out or cause irritation. In short, unimpressive and I would not buy again.

I bought this in a set they had for Christmas where you got deluxe samples of other products for the price of the moisturizer. It's okay, nothing too special. I, like some other reviewers bought it for the high SPF in it. I wouldn't use this if you have dry skin, it's not very moisturizing (bc of SPF). I haven't noticed a difference in skin tone yet. I actually only use this if I'm not wearing makeup because it makes my makeup slip and shiny.