ORIGINS Brighter by Nature SPF 35 skin tone correcting moisturizer

Filtered by skin type : Combination
No Image

2.9

active ingredients: homosalate, octisalate avobenzone, octocrylene, inactive ingredients: citrus aurantium amara (bitter orange) flower water, anthemis nobilis (chamomile) flower water, butyloctyl salicylate, methyl trimethicone, jojoba esters, butylene glycol, polyester-8, ethyl macadamiate, lauryl peg-9 polydimethylsiloxyethyl dimethicone, peg-100 stearate, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), glyceryl stearate, citrus aurantifolia (lime) oil, citrus grandis (grapefruit) peel oil, cymbopogon schoenanthus (lemongrass) oil, mentha viridis (spearmint) leaf oil, salvia sclarea (clary sage) oil, ormenis multicaulis (chamomile) oil, pelargonium graveolens (geranium) flower oil, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil, thymus vulgaris (thyme) oil, coriandrum sativum (coriander) fruit oil, citral, geraniol, linalool, citronellol, limonene, gentiana lutea (gentian) root extract, hordeum vulgare (barley) extractextrait d'orge, paeonia albiflora (peony) root extract, sanguisorba officinalis (burnet) root extract, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, perilla ocymoides leaf extract, pyrus malus (apple) fruit extract, hydrolyzed rice bran extract, scutellaria baicalensis root extract, triticum vulgare (wheat) germ extract, polygonum tinctorium leaf/stem extract, curcuma longa (turmeric) root extract, palmaria palmata extract, trametes versicolor extract, sodium grape seed extract phosphate, micrococcus lysate, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, silica, potassium cetyl phosphate, cetyl alcohol, ethylhexylglycerin, arginine, ascorbyl glucoside, caffeine, salicylic acid, cholesterol, behenyl alcohol, tocotrienols, linoleic acid, sodium hyaluronate, squalane, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, phospholipids, ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp copolymer, caprylyl glycol, tocopheryl acetate, glycyrrhetinic acid, dehydroxanthan gum, sodium stearate, sodium dehydroacetate, phenoxyethanol, mica

on 5/7/2014 10:29:00 PM

I use this as a daily moisturizer and top it with hydralife BB cream.
I agree it can be a bit greasy at first but absorbs quickly and moisturizes well. I love the SPF protection and quite like the vitamin c smell. I haven't noticed my complexion to be any brighter or more consistent, no changes in dark spots, which is a bit of a let down but its a great moisturizer and is affordable.

on 1/9/2014 11:39:00 AM

I don't really like this moisturizer. I used up the big sample size moisturizer that I have, and the impression is it's oily and makes my makeup slide off. I'm not really sure how to make it work well during the day with make up, but applying it right after I wash and tone my face is fine for a while, but as the day continues, I can feel the oils coming out. I don't mind the scent but I just don't like the product and I have tried my best. I now use it as a hand cream so as not to waste it, but I still don't like it that much. I think it's kind of expensive too so this moisturizer with spf is unfortunately not for me.

I love Origins, but I'm not convinced by this moisturiser.
I have not noticed any difference in my skin tone. I will finish the pot since it is so expensive, but I am looking forward to finishing it.

PROS:
If I were dedicated to only using purely physical UV blockers, then I would probably repurchase this, since SPF 35 seems to be the maximum physical SPF that I can use without my face looking shiny all day and my makeup slipping around too much.

CONS:
This product is not suitable for my eye area, as it makes them sting and water.

This feels greasy on my skin all day, and I'm pretty sure (cannot prove) that it gives me blocked pores that look like colourless bumps all over my face.

I bought this in a set they had for Christmas where you got deluxe samples of other products for the price of the moisturizer. It's okay, nothing too special. I, like some other reviewers bought it for the high SPF in it. I wouldn't use this if you have dry skin, it's not very moisturizing (bc of SPF). I haven't noticed a difference in skin tone yet. I actually only use this if I'm not wearing makeup because it makes my makeup slip and shiny.

on 2/6/2013 12:01:00 PM

Not a winner for me. I decided to try this as a potential alternative to my Clinique Even Better Moisturizer SPF20. But I didn't care for it at all. It's very greasy and yet my skin still didn't feel hydrated or moisturized if that makes any sense. And it didn't live up to its claims of brightening or making my skin tone more even. Inoffensive fragrance, okay texture and application. Did not break me out or cause irritation. In short, unimpressive and I would not buy again.

on 12/8/2012 9:29:00 PM

I am on my third pot of this and have found it to be a reasonably decent for my combo, slightly sun splotched skin. Not so sure about preventing new spots from forming as a any good spf should be able do that...Nonetheless, haven't had any noticable sun blotches appear since using this.

PROS:
-three in one product, moisturizer, evens overall face skintone color & SPF
-applies very easily
-agreeable scent
-minimal product needed for application
- evens overall face skin tone color :) A+
-minimally clogs pores
-no parabens
-relatively high SPF (35 SPF)

CONS:
-moderate price range $45.00 for 1.7 oz
-leaves a SHINY finish :( ,using finishing powder would be recommended
-leaves a slightly greasy feel on face (may not be good for those w oily skin)
-comes in a pot/tub container, using a scoop is necessary to keep moisturizer clean
-if you expect skin discolorations to lighten, I really haven't seen this to my skin ( for me the pricey $79 Caudalie vinoperfect radiance worked for this )

While not exactly a HG for me, it is a product I will continue to purchase until I find my HG SPF moisturizer.

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: avobenzone, homosalate, octisalate, octocrylene
INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: water, butyloctyl salicylate, methyl trimethicone, jojoba esters, polyester 8, ethyl macadamiate, butylene glycol, lauryl peg-9 polydimimethylsilloxyethyl dimethicone, peg 100 stearate, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), glyceryl stearate, citrus aurantfolia (lime) oil, citrus grandis (grapefruit) peel oil, cymbopogon scheonanthus oil, mentha vidis (spearsmint) leaf oil, salvia sclarea (clary) oil, ormenis multicaulis oil, pelagonium graveolens flower oil, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil, thymus (thyme) oil, coriandrum sativum (coriander) oil, citral geraniol, linalool, citronellol, limonene, gentiana lutea (gentian) root extract, hordeum vulgare (barley) extract, paeonia albiflora (peony) root extract, sanguisorba officinalis, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, hydrolyzed rice bran extract, scutellaria baicalensis root extract, triticum vulgare (wheat) germ extract, polygonum tinctorium leaf/stem extract, curcuma longa (tumeric) root extract, palmaria palmata extract, trametes versicolor extract, micrococcus lysate, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, silica, potassium cetyl phosphate, cetyl alcohol, ethylexylglycerin, arginine, ascorbyl glucoside, caffeine, lecithin, phytosterols, salicylic acid, cholesterol, behenyl alcohol, tocotrienols, lineolic acid, sodium hyaluronate, squalene, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, elaeis guineesis ( palm) oil, squalene, phospholipids, ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp copolymer, caprylyl glycol, tocopheryl acetate, glycyrrhetinic acid, dehydroxanthan gum, sodium hydroxide, tocopherol, stearic acid, sodium dehydroacetate, phenoexyethanol, mica, essential oil
(sorry if missed typos!)

on 1/21/2012 4:37:00 PM

I was disappointed my this product. I've always had such good experiences with Origins.

I got this as a sample and gave it a try for two weeks. It has a very potent smell to it and goes on extremely greasy. I would expect that for something that has SPF. But I didn't notice any difference in my face. *insert sad face

I was excited the see a skin brightener and a high SPF in one; however, this product is a little too greasy for me. I think it does provide a little brightening but definitely not as much or as quick as the serum (and I cannot comment on the pads because I have not tried them).
The moisturizer does not soak into my skin either. I can see and feel the transfer throughout the day onto my hands and everywhere else.
Might be a good product for dry skin, but it does not work with my combination/oily skin.

on 8/11/2011 5:29:00 PM

well, it's a moisture, a day cream, not a sun block. but for my combo skin it serves as a sunblock rather than others....so greasy that I feel I am having sunblock. I need to put powder on it after just because I cannot handle walking around with such a greasy face.
Good for me in some sense, which means I can use this day cream without another layer of sunblock. but I still don't like the sunblock-wise texture.
for moisture I didn't see anything wrong, either good. just fair.

on 6/11/2011 7:57:00 PM

This is an average moisturizer best for drier skin types. It does not lighten or brighten in any way. It is however a very smooth moisturizer that is too much for my normal-combo skin. This is actually the same product as the clinique even better moisturizer, the only difference being the fragrance. The ingredient list is the same and I only found out since I had a slight reaction to this and the clinique one. It comes off the same estee lauder production line and if I had known, I would not have purchased this since the clinique was not effective either. The high spf is nice but no lightening in spots. The peel pads in this line are much better and I highly recommend those. Powder type make up applies well over this but it makes liquid foundation slide around too much and get oily after 2 hours.