Origins Brighter by Nature SPF 35 skin tone correcting moisturizer

Filtered by skin type : Normal
No Image

active ingredients: homosalate, octisalate avobenzone, octocrylene, inactive ingredients: citrus aurantium amara (bitter orange) flower water, anthemis nobilis (chamomile) flower water, butyloctyl salicylate, methyl trimethicone, jojoba esters, butylene glycol, polyester-8, ethyl macadamiate, lauryl peg-9 polydimethylsiloxyethyl dimethicone, peg-100 stearate, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), glyceryl stearate, citrus aurantifolia (lime) oil, citrus grandis (grapefruit) peel oil, cymbopogon schoenanthus (lemongrass) oil, mentha viridis (spearmint) leaf oil, salvia sclarea (clary sage) oil, ormenis multicaulis (chamomile) oil, pelargonium graveolens (geranium) flower oil, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil, thymus vulgaris (thyme) oil, coriandrum sativum (coriander) fruit oil, citral, geraniol, linalool, citronellol, limonene, gentiana lutea (gentian) root extract, hordeum vulgare (barley) extractextrait d'orge, paeonia albiflora (peony) root extract, sanguisorba officinalis (burnet) root extract, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, perilla ocymoides leaf extract, pyrus malus (apple) fruit extract, hydrolyzed rice bran extract, scutellaria baicalensis root extract, triticum vulgare (wheat) germ extract, polygonum tinctorium leaf/stem extract, curcuma longa (turmeric) root extract, palmaria palmata extract, trametes versicolor extract, sodium grape seed extract phosphate, micrococcus lysate, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, silica, potassium cetyl phosphate, cetyl alcohol, ethylhexylglycerin, arginine, ascorbyl glucoside, caffeine, salicylic acid, cholesterol, behenyl alcohol, tocotrienols, linoleic acid, sodium hyaluronate, squalane, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, phospholipids, ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp copolymer, caprylyl glycol, tocopheryl acetate, glycyrrhetinic acid, dehydroxanthan gum, sodium stearate, sodium dehydroacetate, phenoxyethanol, mica

on 5/22/2012 8:56:00 PM

It really did help me erase some of my acne marks over the long run (after a few months I noticed a big difference). My brown discolorations from acne faded slightly. Now all that I've on my face are red discolorations.
I don't like the texture too much, however. It's not moisturizing enough during the winter when I travel. Also, it smells pretty much like a sunscreen. I switched the Origins' A Perfect World SPF moisturizer, and these two are similar in consistency. Maybe A Perfect World is a bit more moisturizing.
Also, at one point, when my moisturizer is about 90% finished, I had to shake the jar in order for the product to not look like a white liquid mess inside a yellow liquid (yuck). I told an Origins SA, and she told me to shake it. It didn't seem like anything abnormal to her.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

It really works, I notice a difference in skin tone after about a week. I'm on my second jar of the product. I think it's better to use it in the winter since it is a bit oily and can really clog up your pores during summer.

on 3/4/2011 9:29:00 PM

Overall, I did not notice any significant change in my skin. While I do have freckles and did not expect them to miraculously lighten, let alone disappear, I did not notice ANY change in the tone of my skin while using this product. I have been using it consistently for about five months now (occasionally switching off to a Clinique moisturizer), and I'm not particularly fond of the way it layers under mineral makeup. I get a little bit of a sticky film, despite trying to tweak the amount of product I use.

Popular Moisturizers