Origins Brighter by Nature SPF 35 skin tone correcting moisturizer

Filtered by skin type : Dry
No Image

3.3

active ingredients: homosalate, octisalate avobenzone, octocrylene, inactive ingredients: citrus aurantium amara (bitter orange) flower water, anthemis nobilis (chamomile) flower water, butyloctyl salicylate, methyl trimethicone, jojoba esters, butylene glycol, polyester-8, ethyl macadamiate, lauryl peg-9 polydimethylsiloxyethyl dimethicone, peg-100 stearate, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), glyceryl stearate, citrus aurantifolia (lime) oil, citrus grandis (grapefruit) peel oil, cymbopogon schoenanthus (lemongrass) oil, mentha viridis (spearmint) leaf oil, salvia sclarea (clary sage) oil, ormenis multicaulis (chamomile) oil, pelargonium graveolens (geranium) flower oil, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil, thymus vulgaris (thyme) oil, coriandrum sativum (coriander) fruit oil, citral, geraniol, linalool, citronellol, limonene, gentiana lutea (gentian) root extract, hordeum vulgare (barley) extractextrait d'orge, paeonia albiflora (peony) root extract, sanguisorba officinalis (burnet) root extract, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, perilla ocymoides leaf extract, pyrus malus (apple) fruit extract, hydrolyzed rice bran extract, scutellaria baicalensis root extract, triticum vulgare (wheat) germ extract, polygonum tinctorium leaf/stem extract, curcuma longa (turmeric) root extract, palmaria palmata extract, trametes versicolor extract, sodium grape seed extract phosphate, micrococcus lysate, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, silica, potassium cetyl phosphate, cetyl alcohol, ethylhexylglycerin, arginine, ascorbyl glucoside, caffeine, salicylic acid, cholesterol, behenyl alcohol, tocotrienols, linoleic acid, sodium hyaluronate, squalane, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, phospholipids, ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp copolymer, caprylyl glycol, tocopheryl acetate, glycyrrhetinic acid, dehydroxanthan gum, sodium stearate, sodium dehydroacetate, phenoxyethanol, mica

The only good thing I can say about this product is its smell. It smells very refreshing and has a bit of fruity scent that brightens my day. However, it is greasy on my face and even after half a day later, it still sits on my skin. When I touch my face, the product gets wiped off by my hands. I didn't see any brightening effects, it just makes my face look greasy. After a while, my cheeks turned a bit red and that's a sign that my skin is reacting to the product because that's where I see redness first when my skin is sensitive to a product. Even after washing it off, my cheeks had already developed a mild rash from it. Took a few days for it to go away. Thank god I received a sample of this rather than buying the actual product because the product is $40+. It's overpriced for its quality.

on 2/15/2011 4:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I tried the BBN 35 after reading up online. I don't live in a country where it is available (for samples etc) so I took the leap and bought it when on holiday in the UK. I've now been using it for about 6 weeks and so far I am quite pleased with it. The consistency is perfect if you have dry skin, it 'sinks' in quite well and leaves you moisturised ..and protected! Such a bonus as I now save time in the mornings! Looking forward to trying other products in the range!

on 11/30/2010 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This SPF moisturizer is fine - not bad, not great. I don't see any "brightening," whatever that entails, or evening of skin tone. Or any super hydration (the SA assured me it was for drier skin types). There are tiny little white granules on my face every so often after I apply it (sunscreen?) - it definitely has a unmistakable grittiness to it.

I've been slowly trying to make the shift to more natural products, but this is not a keeper, though I am pleased with its high SPF content. It'll be back to Lancome once I'm done with this jar, or on to something new. Can't wait to be done with this rather ho-hum product.

Popular Moisturizers