ORIGINS Brighter by Nature SPF 35 skin tone correcting moisturizer

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
No Image

2.7

active ingredients: homosalate, octisalate avobenzone, octocrylene, inactive ingredients: citrus aurantium amara (bitter orange) flower water, anthemis nobilis (chamomile) flower water, butyloctyl salicylate, methyl trimethicone, jojoba esters, butylene glycol, polyester-8, ethyl macadamiate, lauryl peg-9 polydimethylsiloxyethyl dimethicone, peg-100 stearate, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), glyceryl stearate, citrus aurantifolia (lime) oil, citrus grandis (grapefruit) peel oil, cymbopogon schoenanthus (lemongrass) oil, mentha viridis (spearmint) leaf oil, salvia sclarea (clary sage) oil, ormenis multicaulis (chamomile) oil, pelargonium graveolens (geranium) flower oil, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil, thymus vulgaris (thyme) oil, coriandrum sativum (coriander) fruit oil, citral, geraniol, linalool, citronellol, limonene, gentiana lutea (gentian) root extract, hordeum vulgare (barley) extractextrait d'orge, paeonia albiflora (peony) root extract, sanguisorba officinalis (burnet) root extract, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, perilla ocymoides leaf extract, pyrus malus (apple) fruit extract, hydrolyzed rice bran extract, scutellaria baicalensis root extract, triticum vulgare (wheat) germ extract, polygonum tinctorium leaf/stem extract, curcuma longa (turmeric) root extract, palmaria palmata extract, trametes versicolor extract, sodium grape seed extract phosphate, micrococcus lysate, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, silica, potassium cetyl phosphate, cetyl alcohol, ethylhexylglycerin, arginine, ascorbyl glucoside, caffeine, salicylic acid, cholesterol, behenyl alcohol, tocotrienols, linoleic acid, sodium hyaluronate, squalane, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, phospholipids, ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp copolymer, caprylyl glycol, tocopheryl acetate, glycyrrhetinic acid, dehydroxanthan gum, sodium stearate, sodium dehydroacetate, phenoxyethanol, mica

I love Origins, but I'm not convinced by this moisturiser.
I have not noticed any difference in my skin tone. I will finish the pot since it is so expensive, but I am looking forward to finishing it.

PROS:
If I were dedicated to only using purely physical UV blockers, then I would probably repurchase this, since SPF 35 seems to be the maximum physical SPF that I can use without my face looking shiny all day and my makeup slipping around too much.

CONS:
This product is not suitable for my eye area, as it makes them sting and water.

This feels greasy on my skin all day, and I'm pretty sure (cannot prove) that it gives me blocked pores that look like colourless bumps all over my face.

on 5/22/2012 8:56:00 PM

It really did help me erase some of my acne marks over the long run (after a few months I noticed a big difference). My brown discolorations from acne faded slightly. Now all that I've on my face are red discolorations.
I don't like the texture too much, however. It's not moisturizing enough during the winter when I travel. Also, it smells pretty much like a sunscreen. I switched the Origins' A Perfect World SPF moisturizer, and these two are similar in consistency. Maybe A Perfect World is a bit more moisturizing.
Also, at one point, when my moisturizer is about 90% finished, I had to shake the jar in order for the product to not look like a white liquid mess inside a yellow liquid (yuck). I told an Origins SA, and she told me to shake it. It didn't seem like anything abnormal to her.

on 1/21/2012 4:37:00 PM

I was disappointed my this product. I've always had such good experiences with Origins.

I got this as a sample and gave it a try for two weeks. It has a very potent smell to it and goes on extremely greasy. I would expect that for something that has SPF. But I didn't notice any difference in my face. *insert sad face

I was excited the see a skin brightener and a high SPF in one; however, this product is a little too greasy for me. I think it does provide a little brightening but definitely not as much or as quick as the serum (and I cannot comment on the pads because I have not tried them).
The moisturizer does not soak into my skin either. I can see and feel the transfer throughout the day onto my hands and everywhere else.
Might be a good product for dry skin, but it does not work with my combination/oily skin.

on 6/11/2011 7:57:00 PM

This is an average moisturizer best for drier skin types. It does not lighten or brighten in any way. It is however a very smooth moisturizer that is too much for my normal-combo skin. This is actually the same product as the clinique even better moisturizer, the only difference being the fragrance. The ingredient list is the same and I only found out since I had a slight reaction to this and the clinique one. It comes off the same estee lauder production line and if I had known, I would not have purchased this since the clinique was not effective either. The high spf is nice but no lightening in spots. The peel pads in this line are much better and I highly recommend those. Powder type make up applies well over this but it makes liquid foundation slide around too much and get oily after 2 hours.

on 3/4/2011 9:29:00 PM

Overall, I did not notice any significant change in my skin. While I do have freckles and did not expect them to miraculously lighten, let alone disappear, I did not notice ANY change in the tone of my skin while using this product. I have been using it consistently for about five months now (occasionally switching off to a Clinique moisturizer), and I'm not particularly fond of the way it layers under mineral makeup. I get a little bit of a sticky film, despite trying to tweak the amount of product I use.