Origins Brighter by Nature SPF 35 skin tone correcting moisturizer

No Image

3.0

active ingredients: homosalate, octisalate avobenzone, octocrylene, inactive ingredients: citrus aurantium amara (bitter orange) flower water, anthemis nobilis (chamomile) flower water, butyloctyl salicylate, methyl trimethicone, jojoba esters, butylene glycol, polyester-8, ethyl macadamiate, lauryl peg-9 polydimethylsiloxyethyl dimethicone, peg-100 stearate, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), glyceryl stearate, citrus aurantifolia (lime) oil, citrus grandis (grapefruit) peel oil, cymbopogon schoenanthus (lemongrass) oil, mentha viridis (spearmint) leaf oil, salvia sclarea (clary sage) oil, ormenis multicaulis (chamomile) oil, pelargonium graveolens (geranium) flower oil, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil, thymus vulgaris (thyme) oil, coriandrum sativum (coriander) fruit oil, citral, geraniol, linalool, citronellol, limonene, gentiana lutea (gentian) root extract, hordeum vulgare (barley) extractextrait d'orge, paeonia albiflora (peony) root extract, sanguisorba officinalis (burnet) root extract, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, perilla ocymoides leaf extract, pyrus malus (apple) fruit extract, hydrolyzed rice bran extract, scutellaria baicalensis root extract, triticum vulgare (wheat) germ extract, polygonum tinctorium leaf/stem extract, curcuma longa (turmeric) root extract, palmaria palmata extract, trametes versicolor extract, sodium grape seed extract phosphate, micrococcus lysate, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, silica, potassium cetyl phosphate, cetyl alcohol, ethylhexylglycerin, arginine, ascorbyl glucoside, caffeine, salicylic acid, cholesterol, behenyl alcohol, tocotrienols, linoleic acid, sodium hyaluronate, squalane, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, phospholipids, ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp copolymer, caprylyl glycol, tocopheryl acetate, glycyrrhetinic acid, dehydroxanthan gum, sodium stearate, sodium dehydroacetate, phenoxyethanol, mica

on 10/5/2010 8:49:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have been using this for a couple weeks now and, even though I can't say that my skin looks "brighter" (yet), per se, I am *tremendously* pleased with it for other reasons.

My skin (normal when in-balance; v. greasy but dehydrated when out of whack) is currently in freak-out mode from trying (again) to add daily sunscreen use back into my routine -- I stopped several years ago, because it was never compatible with the routine that works best for my skin (OCM + oils to hydrate) and have since noticed *huge* changes in my skin. For the worse, as you can imagine. When I saw that Origins, which I love most passionately, had recently introduced an SPF moisturizer which also promised to deal with my splotchiness and dullness, I jumped on it.

It is bliss! Initial application of almost any sunscreen gives me the prickles -- sometimes temporary, sometimes as a precursor to total irritation. This . . . did not. It just feels really, really gooooooooooooood: sinks in immediately, with excellent light-to-medium moisturizing abilities. Absolutely no greasiness, moisturizes well, but not too much. After a few days, my skin had calmed down substantially, which has resulted in a considerably fresher appearance -- no more deyhydrated greasiness, or angry redness -- and my skin looks moisturized and soft. It also *feels* tremendously soft. For those facts alone -- a non-irritating sunscreen that keeps my skin calm and fresh-looking -- I would shell out the admittedly sort-of-spendy $45USD for 1.7oz tub. If I get any sort of overt brightening from it, as well, I will happily consider that frosting on my protected skin cake. Admittedly, I'm never going to be the person who smears an entire 1/4tsp (or whatever it is) of sunscreen on my face, so for me the price isn't actually that bad. A generous coating of my index fingertip is plenty for me to feel I have some modicum of protection, so I won't be burning through a tub a month. Of course, it *is* a tub, which I'm kind of meh about. I love, love, love that I can get every last drop from a tub, and while I'm not the biggest fan of sticking a finger in there, repeatedly, I'm also not that squicked out by it.

In the interest of full-disclosure, I did change my routine around a bit in order to better accommodate the addition of sunscreen. Most notably, I changed from straight OCM, to Origins Clean Energy cleansing oil, which I like considerably better. I'm sure there is some symbiosis that is lending to my excellent impression of BbN SPF 35. All in all, I will definitely re-purchase, and only wish that I'd found something like this several years ago, when I dumped daily sun protection in order to keep my skin happy. Now I can have both.

on 11/30/2010 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This SPF moisturizer is fine - not bad, not great. I don't see any "brightening," whatever that entails, or evening of skin tone. Or any super hydration (the SA assured me it was for drier skin types). There are tiny little white granules on my face every so often after I apply it (sunscreen?) - it definitely has a unmistakable grittiness to it.

I've been slowly trying to make the shift to more natural products, but this is not a keeper, though I am pleased with its high SPF content. It'll be back to Lancome once I'm done with this jar, or on to something new. Can't wait to be done with this rather ho-hum product.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This moisturizer is a LOT thicker than almost any I've ever used. It has a creamy consistency, and a very "natural"-type of scent. I've used this for about a week and while I don't see any miraculous results (I doubt any skincare delivers that), I do notice my skintone is a bit more even and brighter. I'm hoping it'll help fade some acne spots, I'll update once I've used it for a bit longer.

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

what i expect from this product is something that deliver both nice moisturizer ( orgins normally has ) and good SPF cover without heavy feeling of sun screen products. However, the cream is too thick to be loved. Well, i feel like i put a very heavy Sun screen protector on my face. Sadly, these doesn't feel like an expensive and quality sun protector at all.
- i haven't finish the jar even i have had it for several months. I don't know which seasons to use it. It's too thick to use in the summer , very sticky to the skin. It takes several minutes for the heavy feelings get away. But if you can bear that, you have a smoothing skin after all.
I rather use Origins moizturizers and Clarins sun screen separates .
will not purchase this again

on 2/15/2011 4:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I tried the BBN 35 after reading up online. I don't live in a country where it is available (for samples etc) so I took the leap and bought it when on holiday in the UK. I've now been using it for about 6 weeks and so far I am quite pleased with it. The consistency is perfect if you have dry skin, it 'sinks' in quite well and leaves you moisturised ..and protected! Such a bonus as I now save time in the mornings! Looking forward to trying other products in the range!

on 3/4/2011 9:29:00 PM

Overall, I did not notice any significant change in my skin. While I do have freckles and did not expect them to miraculously lighten, let alone disappear, I did not notice ANY change in the tone of my skin while using this product. I have been using it consistently for about five months now (occasionally switching off to a Clinique moisturizer), and I'm not particularly fond of the way it layers under mineral makeup. I get a little bit of a sticky film, despite trying to tweak the amount of product I use.

on 6/11/2011 7:57:00 PM

This is an average moisturizer best for drier skin types. It does not lighten or brighten in any way. It is however a very smooth moisturizer that is too much for my normal-combo skin. This is actually the same product as the clinique even better moisturizer, the only difference being the fragrance. The ingredient list is the same and I only found out since I had a slight reaction to this and the clinique one. It comes off the same estee lauder production line and if I had known, I would not have purchased this since the clinique was not effective either. The high spf is nice but no lightening in spots. The peel pads in this line are much better and I highly recommend those. Powder type make up applies well over this but it makes liquid foundation slide around too much and get oily after 2 hours.

on 8/11/2011 5:29:00 PM

well, it's a moisture, a day cream, not a sun block. but for my combo skin it serves as a sunblock rather than others....so greasy that I feel I am having sunblock. I need to put powder on it after just because I cannot handle walking around with such a greasy face.
Good for me in some sense, which means I can use this day cream without another layer of sunblock. but I still don't like the sunblock-wise texture.
for moisture I didn't see anything wrong, either good. just fair.

I was excited the see a skin brightener and a high SPF in one; however, this product is a little too greasy for me. I think it does provide a little brightening but definitely not as much or as quick as the serum (and I cannot comment on the pads because I have not tried them).
The moisturizer does not soak into my skin either. I can see and feel the transfer throughout the day onto my hands and everywhere else.
Might be a good product for dry skin, but it does not work with my combination/oily skin.

The only good thing I can say about this product is its smell. It smells very refreshing and has a bit of fruity scent that brightens my day. However, it is greasy on my face and even after half a day later, it still sits on my skin. When I touch my face, the product gets wiped off by my hands. I didn't see any brightening effects, it just makes my face look greasy. After a while, my cheeks turned a bit red and that's a sign that my skin is reacting to the product because that's where I see redness first when my skin is sensitive to a product. Even after washing it off, my cheeks had already developed a mild rash from it. Took a few days for it to go away. Thank god I received a sample of this rather than buying the actual product because the product is $40+. It's overpriced for its quality.

Popular Moisturizers