Origins Brighter by Nature SPF 35 skin tone correcting moisturizer

Filtered by age: 25-29
No Image

2.7

active ingredients: homosalate, octisalate avobenzone, octocrylene, inactive ingredients: citrus aurantium amara (bitter orange) flower water, anthemis nobilis (chamomile) flower water, butyloctyl salicylate, methyl trimethicone, jojoba esters, butylene glycol, polyester-8, ethyl macadamiate, lauryl peg-9 polydimethylsiloxyethyl dimethicone, peg-100 stearate, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), glyceryl stearate, citrus aurantifolia (lime) oil, citrus grandis (grapefruit) peel oil, cymbopogon schoenanthus (lemongrass) oil, mentha viridis (spearmint) leaf oil, salvia sclarea (clary sage) oil, ormenis multicaulis (chamomile) oil, pelargonium graveolens (geranium) flower oil, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil, thymus vulgaris (thyme) oil, coriandrum sativum (coriander) fruit oil, citral, geraniol, linalool, citronellol, limonene, gentiana lutea (gentian) root extract, hordeum vulgare (barley) extractextrait d'orge, paeonia albiflora (peony) root extract, sanguisorba officinalis (burnet) root extract, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, perilla ocymoides leaf extract, pyrus malus (apple) fruit extract, hydrolyzed rice bran extract, scutellaria baicalensis root extract, triticum vulgare (wheat) germ extract, polygonum tinctorium leaf/stem extract, curcuma longa (turmeric) root extract, palmaria palmata extract, trametes versicolor extract, sodium grape seed extract phosphate, micrococcus lysate, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, silica, potassium cetyl phosphate, cetyl alcohol, ethylhexylglycerin, arginine, ascorbyl glucoside, caffeine, salicylic acid, cholesterol, behenyl alcohol, tocotrienols, linoleic acid, sodium hyaluronate, squalane, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, phospholipids, ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp copolymer, caprylyl glycol, tocopheryl acetate, glycyrrhetinic acid, dehydroxanthan gum, sodium stearate, sodium dehydroacetate, phenoxyethanol, mica

on 5/7/2014 10:29:00 PM

I use this as a daily moisturizer and top it with hydralife BB cream.
I agree it can be a bit greasy at first but absorbs quickly and moisturizes well. I love the SPF protection and quite like the vitamin c smell. I haven't noticed my complexion to be any brighter or more consistent, no changes in dark spots, which is a bit of a let down but its a great moisturizer and is affordable.

on 1/9/2014 11:39:00 AM

I don't really like this moisturizer. I used up the big sample size moisturizer that I have, and the impression is it's oily and makes my makeup slide off. I'm not really sure how to make it work well during the day with make up, but applying it right after I wash and tone my face is fine for a while, but as the day continues, I can feel the oils coming out. I don't mind the scent but I just don't like the product and I have tried my best. I now use it as a hand cream so as not to waste it, but I still don't like it that much. I think it's kind of expensive too so this moisturizer with spf is unfortunately not for me.

on 8/19/2012 11:54:00 AM

Origins - Brighter by Nature SPF 35 is incredibly expensive and did not provide any long-lasting noticeable results. There was no stinging or harsh reactions to this product although it might clog pores a bit. The smell is nice and the SPF 35 seemed to provide adequate protection. Also, I'm generally not a fan of pot containers. After sitting on my vanity for two months, the product began to separate. This may have been due to the all-natural ingredients but there was a lot of product that was rendered useless. I will not repurchase this, as there are probably better products out there for cheaper.

on 10/31/2011 11:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have oily, fair skin with freckles. I don't consider myself as having particularly sensitive skin. This stuff makes my skin feel greasy and you can imagine what that does for foundation or make up that goes on over it (a greasy, oily mess).
I don't notice any brightening, but I do get a red itchy rash on my neck and chest everytime I use this on my face. I don't even put it on my neck and everytime, without fail, I get a rash on my neck and chest.
I have even taken breaks for a few weeks or couple months... and it happens over and over again. I don't break out in pimples, like what Vitazing does to me.Maybe there is something in Origins products that doesn't agree with me.
Perhaps, I'll give this to my mom who has drier skin.

I was excited the see a skin brightener and a high SPF in one; however, this product is a little too greasy for me. I think it does provide a little brightening but definitely not as much or as quick as the serum (and I cannot comment on the pads because I have not tried them).
The moisturizer does not soak into my skin either. I can see and feel the transfer throughout the day onto my hands and everywhere else.
Might be a good product for dry skin, but it does not work with my combination/oily skin.

on 8/11/2011 5:29:00 PM

well, it's a moisture, a day cream, not a sun block. but for my combo skin it serves as a sunblock rather than others....so greasy that I feel I am having sunblock. I need to put powder on it after just because I cannot handle walking around with such a greasy face.
Good for me in some sense, which means I can use this day cream without another layer of sunblock. but I still don't like the sunblock-wise texture.
for moisture I didn't see anything wrong, either good. just fair.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This moisturizer is a LOT thicker than almost any I've ever used. It has a creamy consistency, and a very "natural"-type of scent. I've used this for about a week and while I don't see any miraculous results (I doubt any skincare delivers that), I do notice my skintone is a bit more even and brighter. I'm hoping it'll help fade some acne spots, I'll update once I've used it for a bit longer.

Popular Moisturizers