Origins Brighter by Nature SPF 35 skin tone correcting moisturizer

Filtered by age: 19-24
No Image

3.0

active ingredients: homosalate, octisalate avobenzone, octocrylene, inactive ingredients: citrus aurantium amara (bitter orange) flower water, anthemis nobilis (chamomile) flower water, butyloctyl salicylate, methyl trimethicone, jojoba esters, butylene glycol, polyester-8, ethyl macadamiate, lauryl peg-9 polydimethylsiloxyethyl dimethicone, peg-100 stearate, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), glyceryl stearate, citrus aurantifolia (lime) oil, citrus grandis (grapefruit) peel oil, cymbopogon schoenanthus (lemongrass) oil, mentha viridis (spearmint) leaf oil, salvia sclarea (clary sage) oil, ormenis multicaulis (chamomile) oil, pelargonium graveolens (geranium) flower oil, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil, thymus vulgaris (thyme) oil, coriandrum sativum (coriander) fruit oil, citral, geraniol, linalool, citronellol, limonene, gentiana lutea (gentian) root extract, hordeum vulgare (barley) extractextrait d'orge, paeonia albiflora (peony) root extract, sanguisorba officinalis (burnet) root extract, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, perilla ocymoides leaf extract, pyrus malus (apple) fruit extract, hydrolyzed rice bran extract, scutellaria baicalensis root extract, triticum vulgare (wheat) germ extract, polygonum tinctorium leaf/stem extract, curcuma longa (turmeric) root extract, palmaria palmata extract, trametes versicolor extract, sodium grape seed extract phosphate, micrococcus lysate, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, silica, potassium cetyl phosphate, cetyl alcohol, ethylhexylglycerin, arginine, ascorbyl glucoside, caffeine, salicylic acid, cholesterol, behenyl alcohol, tocotrienols, linoleic acid, sodium hyaluronate, squalane, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, phospholipids, ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp copolymer, caprylyl glycol, tocopheryl acetate, glycyrrhetinic acid, dehydroxanthan gum, sodium stearate, sodium dehydroacetate, phenoxyethanol, mica

on 3/4/2011 9:29:00 PM

Overall, I did not notice any significant change in my skin. While I do have freckles and did not expect them to miraculously lighten, let alone disappear, I did not notice ANY change in the tone of my skin while using this product. I have been using it consistently for about five months now (occasionally switching off to a Clinique moisturizer), and I'm not particularly fond of the way it layers under mineral makeup. I get a little bit of a sticky film, despite trying to tweak the amount of product I use.

The only good thing I can say about this product is its smell. It smells very refreshing and has a bit of fruity scent that brightens my day. However, it is greasy on my face and even after half a day later, it still sits on my skin. When I touch my face, the product gets wiped off by my hands. I didn't see any brightening effects, it just makes my face look greasy. After a while, my cheeks turned a bit red and that's a sign that my skin is reacting to the product because that's where I see redness first when my skin is sensitive to a product. Even after washing it off, my cheeks had already developed a mild rash from it. Took a few days for it to go away. Thank god I received a sample of this rather than buying the actual product because the product is $40+. It's overpriced for its quality.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

It really works, I notice a difference in skin tone after about a week. I'm on my second jar of the product. I think it's better to use it in the winter since it is a bit oily and can really clog up your pores during summer.

on 1/21/2012 4:37:00 PM

I was disappointed my this product. I've always had such good experiences with Origins.

I got this as a sample and gave it a try for two weeks. It has a very potent smell to it and goes on extremely greasy. I would expect that for something that has SPF. But I didn't notice any difference in my face. *insert sad face

on 5/22/2012 8:56:00 PM

It really did help me erase some of my acne marks over the long run (after a few months I noticed a big difference). My brown discolorations from acne faded slightly. Now all that I've on my face are red discolorations.
I don't like the texture too much, however. It's not moisturizing enough during the winter when I travel. Also, it smells pretty much like a sunscreen. I switched the Origins' A Perfect World SPF moisturizer, and these two are similar in consistency. Maybe A Perfect World is a bit more moisturizing.
Also, at one point, when my moisturizer is about 90% finished, I had to shake the jar in order for the product to not look like a white liquid mess inside a yellow liquid (yuck). I told an Origins SA, and she told me to shake it. It didn't seem like anything abnormal to her.

I bought this in a set they had for Christmas where you got deluxe samples of other products for the price of the moisturizer. It's okay, nothing too special. I, like some other reviewers bought it for the high SPF in it. I wouldn't use this if you have dry skin, it's not very moisturizing (bc of SPF). I haven't noticed a difference in skin tone yet. I actually only use this if I'm not wearing makeup because it makes my makeup slip and shiny.

I love Origins, but I'm not convinced by this moisturiser.
I have not noticed any difference in my skin tone. I will finish the pot since it is so expensive, but I am looking forward to finishing it.

PROS:
If I were dedicated to only using purely physical UV blockers, then I would probably repurchase this, since SPF 35 seems to be the maximum physical SPF that I can use without my face looking shiny all day and my makeup slipping around too much.

CONS:
This product is not suitable for my eye area, as it makes them sting and water.

This feels greasy on my skin all day, and I'm pretty sure (cannot prove) that it gives me blocked pores that look like colourless bumps all over my face.