Moroccanoil Glimmer Shine Spray

Moroccanoil Glimmer Shine Spray

3.8

Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Argania Spinoza Kernel Oil, Fragrance (Supplement), Wheat (triticum vulgare) Germ Oil, Panthenol, D&C Red no. 17, D&C Yellow no. 11

on 10/1/2015 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This spray adds shine but the fragrance is rather strong, which some people might not like. I also use the Moroccanoil Serum, applying it to clean damp hair, concentrating on the ends and avoiding the roots. Then I use my regular styling products on top and let my hair air dry overnight. In the morning, I use a curling iron to create loose waves and run my fingers through the curls to loosen them up a bit. I then use a few spritzes of hairspray to keep everything in place. After the h/s, I use the Glimmer Shine Spray to add a nice sheen. The thing is, the shine spray is really an unnecessary step because the MO serum adds plenty of shine as it is. However, the shine spray does help fight frizz to some degree. I think it can be used in place of the serum though. Sprayed on damp hair, it likely works the same way as the serum. This means that it's basically a lighter version of the serum formula. I have no idea why I thought I needed this spray. I thought it would add some gold flecks so that's why I had to have it. Although it does add considerable shine, there are plenty of less expensive products out there that do the same exact thing so I will not be repurchasing this product once I run out. I'm giving it four lippies because it does do what it's supposed to, but it's mostly silicone and shine sprays with silicone are a dime a dozen. Don't waste money on this product. If you use it for its intended purpose (shine) there are plenty of such sprays at all price points, although the ingredients are exactly the same. I guess you could use this in place of the serum if you have fine hair and are prone to frizz. I consider this spray a lighter version of the MO serum not a separate product. I wish I had resisted purchasing this product. It was a complete waste of cash.

Really heavy and way to oily for my hair! Not to recommend..

To Read all 21 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/3/2015 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Does what it says: it gives your hair incredible shine. But I only use this when I absolutely need it, like when going for a night out or on special occasions. The reason for this is that, despite the temporary sensation of softness it brings, it tends to dry out my hair after some time. Not seriously dry, but enough for me to notice.

I am in two minds about the smell. I personally like it, but I find that other people find it too overpowering. I thus get very conscious wearing it especially when close to people in enclosed spaces.

The packaging is quite nice, but the plastic cap comes off quite a lot.

In short, if you are after shine, this works. But there are some small trade-offs, depending on your hair type.

on 5/2/2015 7:11:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

This is my no. 1 hair product for styling and I've tried so many over the years I have to clear out my cabinet regularly of all the stuff that doesn't work. makes my hair beautifully soft as well as shiny and amazingly for my hair type I only have to use the smallest amount. too much does make even my hair flat. this is a +ve because it means the bottle last for ages. my hair is afro relaxed so it's thick but dry and fragile at the same time. I've tried lots of Argan oil based finishing sprays but none make my hair so beautifully soft. And stays soft for the next few days. I use it as a styling spray to finish my blowdried hair with my loreal steampod straightners. Every afro relaxed hair gal feels like they spend their life trying to turn their hair into soft shiny tresses! I get exactly this with the glimmershine and my steampod! other serums n oils work with my steampod to make my hair smooth n straight but it's only the glimmershine that gives me the lovely softness :-)

on 3/23/2015 11:22:00 AM

While I love Moroccanoil products this one didn`t really do much for me. It does add shine, but not for long. It doesn`t smell as nice as the oil, and doesn`t moisturize as well either. If I curl my hair and use this it actually makes my curls flatten and my hair goes limp again. Will not repurchase and it is WAY too expensive for what it does.

on 3/7/2014 11:20:00 AM

I agree that it gives some nice shine but for a short while! And it made my ends sooooooo dry afterwards! Its insane! I was hoping it would work out for me (because of the price :)) and tried it over and over again but still to no avail, the result is always the same - dry ends!

on 11/3/2013 12:01:00 PM

I paid 28$ CAD for this product which was pretty expensive but overall I think it was worth it. I love the way the product smells and how shiny it makes my hair. However it is vey easy to apply to much and when you do apply too much your hair looks really greasy and it says like that. So I'd recommend spraying 2 sprays into your hand and working that through your hair it works for me. I will buy again once my bottle runs out.

on 7/18/2012 8:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I didn't really see any extra shine or shimmer (which is what I was really wanting.) I have brown hair, the promise of gold shimmer sold me and convinced me to buy this product for the summer months. What a disappointment, save your money. Has anyone else thought that this product has made their end drier? Maybe it's just my fine hair....

I liked the glitter particles in my hair, and when applied your hair looks really pretty. However, when sprayed too close it turns hair greasy, it smells absolutely disgusting, and the glitter effect doesn't last for that long. I would still repurchase this however, just because if you need an instant pick me up...this stuff does the trick!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I liked the regular Moroccanoil treatment, so I figured I'd give the shine spray a whirl. Unfortunately, it doesn't really do much for me. It doesn't appear to have the beneficial effects of the actual oil, and the shine lasts about five minutes. The spray does nothing to control frizz, and it's far too easy to use too much. Do yourself a favor and go with the oil instead.