Target - Up & Up Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes

2.8

BUYER BEWARE!!! These towelettes will cause you irritation and your eyes/skin to itch/burn. I never write reviews and am not a heavy makeup user but recently I've been exploring more with make-up and felt the need to write this in hopes that no one else ends up with a bad reaction. A month prior I purchased Too faced's "Better than sex mascara" and Too Faced's "chocolate bar palette", three weeks later I ran out of my makeup remover and saw these on sale and purchased them. The reaction was gradual and I thought maybe it was the new makeup but it couldn't possibly be since I've been using it for about a month 1/2 now. I stopped the use of the towelettes since my eyelid became red, swollen, soggy, itchy, and began to crust after a few uses. A week after discontinued use and just using face wash and warm water my left eyelid is returning to normal.

It is a very bad product! It has caused a horrible allergic reaction for my daughter, and no, she isn't allergic to anything at all. There some stinging when we first wiped her eye makeup off, but I just thought eventually the stinging would go away. It did not. Her eyes were so swollen and itchy the next day. Some itchy patches where ever it was applied or used too on the face. For the past 2nights and the swelling hasn't gone down much despite cucumber and tea bags. I have had her wash her eyes out multiple times to get out what is causing the allergic reaction. But her eyes continue to be swollen on the 2nd night. DON'T BUY! It may cause an allergic reaction if used.

To Read all 41 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Yes this product stings but the sting is manageable. It gets the job done efficiently.

I purchased the up&up makeup remover cleansing towelettes evening calm

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This product works well for my skin and does a great job at removing all of my makeup. It does leave my face feeling really dry afterward so I usually use the towelettes, wash my face with neutrogena then use moisturizer. I have somewhat sensitive skin but I haven't had any issues and I've been using this product for about 2-3 months now.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

DO NOT EVER BUY THIS.
It burns my skin everytime I use it I recommend that no body else buys this either. I don't know why its still on the shelf if its doing this to peoples skin.

I wish I would have read all the reviews sooner. My eyes and face are also burning and stinging bad. My eyes feel swollen and it only after the 2nd use. I can't believe these are still being sold after all the problems!!!

Irritates skin. Buyer Beware! I bought this product because it was on sale and the Sensitive Skin indication had me believing it was a safe bet. Wrong! It made my skin feel like it was burning, and it took a few days before my skin stopped peeling from dryness. The last time my skin felt like this was when I was a teenager and used Retin-A cream. It wasn't that effective taking off eye makeup, either, and it burned my lids. Target needs to send this back to quality control and revamp the solution. It is very misleading with it being labeled for sensitive skin. I don't have very sensitive skin, so I wonder how those with really sensitive skin reacted. The packaging and price were very attractive, and usually, I love most of Target's products.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Worst product I've ever used. I bought the ones marketed for SENSITIVE skin although i do not have that type. But it STUNG my skin. Very horrible, don't buy this. It sucks at removing waterproof mascara and could be potentially dangerous.

NEVER BUY THIS! - RED PUFFY ITCHY EYES

I never have problems with sensitivity to certain chemicals so I have no idea why these wipes affected me so badly. It all started two months ago when I purchased my first pack of these wipes. All was well, they removed my makeup great but I started to notice my eyelid skin getting a little rough and patchy. I tried lotion and that only helped temporarily. My makeup started to look awful on my eyelids and the problem started to get worse. I woke up one morning after using the wipes the prior night and my eyelids were swollen and itchy. I had no idea what the problem was because I always wear makeup so my eyes never had time to recover and plus I get Ipsy bags so I thought maybe it was something from a bag I got recently.

After a while I went to the doctor and she said my eye is having an allergic reaction to something (she suggested my finger nail polish as the culprit but I knew better). I eventually was so desperate that I warded off all makeup and went naked faced for a few weeks, my self-confidence started declining a bit and I missed wearing makeup so much! It is not only something that I like to enhance my features but I have fun putting it on and buying it. My boyfriend of all people was the one to mention the makeup wipes and he bought me some all natural ones at the store because he has felt so bad for me through all of this. I wore some makeup for the first time yesterday and took my makeup off with the new wipes (Simple brand) and then I went to bed and woke up this morning with no itchy, rough or swollen eyelids! :) I decided to look up and see if anyone else has had this problem and oh man I had no idea so many people went through this as well! I just wish I would have realized what it was sooner!

I will never repurchase and honestly feel the need to ward off all other up and up products as well.

DO NOT BUY I'm never allergic to anything and I have bumps all over my skin near my eyes since that's where I usually use them :( they're small bumps everywhere and I'm going to stop using this immediately. The neutrogena ones are more expensive but definitely worth the money :(