MAC Her Alter Image (Venomous Villians)

No Image

3.5

on 7/7/2012 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I adore purples, but this shadow is very redundant in my collection. If you have Beautiful Iris or Crazy Cool, this is just a less pigmented, slightly more chalky version, similar to Digit but not quite as light. Only worth owning if you're crazy about the Disney packaging.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I got this at my CCO. It has pretty horrible pigmentation, and after layer upon layer, it still hardly shows up. I feel like it could have its uses if you wanted a very sheer lavender. Also, the packaging is very cute! Good for a very sheer was of lavender but not much else.

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

The worst MAC eyeshadow I have ever tried. :(
Not pigmented, and also not dark enough to show up as purple.

on 11/13/2010 11:55:00 AM

absolutely gorgeus cool lilac! I loved this eyeshadow, it's not the most pigmented ever but it works beautifully, I used this over nyx's jumbo eye pencil in purple and it really makes it pop , pair it up with parfait amour and violet trance and YUMM!!!! love it , would definitely buy again

on 10/8/2010 4:08:00 PM

I said No, I wouldn't buy it again since it's LE and , as others have said, similar to Digit e/s, but it is very pretty pale lilac color. I'd name it Iced Lilac, if I wanted to be descriptive. I have used it as a cool-toned wash all over the eye and used a cool white as a highlight with a very interesting effect. You kinda have to be heavy-handed with application but it stays nicely.

on 10/6/2010 4:42:00 PM

my mua talked me into getting this. a very pretty light lilac shade, but it's nothing special. also i find that it goes on pretty sheer for a veluxe pearl finish. i usually pair this w/ lovely lily pigment if i want some more color.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

This is pretty similar to Digit, so if you have that one, I'd probably skip Her Alter Image unless you really want the packaging. It's sort of a whitish lavender that pairs nicely with Vile Violet (from the same collection). I would say that yes, it's very pretty and works well as a lid or inner corner highlight, but I don't think it's particularly special.

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

This is a pale lilac color, which I heard is very close to MAC's digit. I really like this color, I can wear it alone as a wash over my eye, and with a purple or black eyeliner, it is a nice everyday look. My skin tone is NC25 to 30, this color shows up quite nicely on me.

Popular Eye Shadows