Origins VitaZing SPF 15 Energy-boosting moisturizer with Mangosteen

3.7

active ingredients: avobenzone 3.00% [] octisalate 3.00% [] octocrylene 2.70% inactive ingredients: water\aqua\eau; citrus aurantium amara (bitter orange) flower water, anthemis nobilis (chamomile) flower extract [] ethyl macadamiate [] butylene glycol [] methyl trimethicone [] hdi/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer [] lauryl peg-9 polydimethylsiloxyethyl dimethicone [] peg-100 stearate [] butyloctyl salicylate [] jojoba esters [] glyceryl stearate [] barosma betulina leaf oil*, citrus paradisi (grapefruit) peel oil*, eucalyptus globulus (eucalyptus) leaf oil*, abies sibirica (pine) oil*, prunus amygdalus amara (bitter almond) kernel oil*, mentha arvensis (field mint) leaf oil*, rosa damascena (rose) oil*, limonene [] panax ginseng (ginseng) root extract [] cordyceps sinensis extract [] garcinia mangostana peel extract [] castanea sativa (chestnut) seed extract [] hordeum vulgare (barley) extract\extrait d'orge [] triticum vulgare (wheat) germ extract [] laminaria saccharina extract [] mangifera indica (mango) seed butter [] butyrospermum parkii (shea butter) [] caffeine [] cholesterol [] potassium cetyl phosphate [] glyceryl polymethacrylate [] cetyl alcohol [] isopropyl myristate [] trehalose [] ethylhexylglycerin [] linoleic acid [] squalane [] polymethyl methacrylate [] dehydroxanthan gum [] ascorbyl tocopheryl maleate [] sodium hyaluronate [] caprylyl glycol [] ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp copolymer [] citric acid [] stearic acid [] silica [] sodium dehydroacetate [] phenoxyethanol [] mica [] iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499) [] titanium dioxide (ci 77891)

on 8/15/2016 8:38:00 AM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

This light moisturiser looks neutral pale when it come out of the tube but has a colour release system that is supposed to adjust to your skin tone to give you a bit of a 'sunny glow' sort of thing. While it is a nice cream, good texture and a pleasant non irritating smell I found it went too 'tanned' for my super pale skin and I looked a bit orangey. If I were the sort of person who had a light tan anyway and didn't mind looking a bit shiny I think it might be ok as a summer moisturiser but it has no covering power like a BB and does not do anything positive for my fairly extreme combination skin. Good try but not worth the money to me.

I've repurchased this several times now. It was prefect when I was living in africa (and slightly tanned) on its own. Back in the UK (where I am pretty pale with a yellowish hue) I use it mixed with my Clarins foundation (in shade beige. I don't use a moisturiser as well as I find it is enough with just the vitazing. I use a half pump of foundation mixed with a pea sized amount of Vitazing. It adds a dewiness to the complexion and allows me to adjust my foundation to my skintone at different times of year. I also feel that in itself it evens my skintone without looking cakey around the nose and glabellum like foundation alone does.

It's easy to apply to much, and if you do your skin feels quite sticky and greasy. Initially, it doesn't look like it's done much but if you wait a couple of minutes your skin suddenly transforms and looks great.

I haven't found that it makes me break out.

I like the smell. I don't like the price, though I continue to buy it as I like the results. I also think they should re think the packaging as it's hard to tell when you're about to run out and impossible to get out the dregs unless you cut the tube open.

To Read all 191 Reviews, Login or Join

The Origins VitaZing moisturizer claims to have many benefits for your skin, including hydrating, protecting, energizing and providing a hint of radiance mimicking some time in the sun.

It’s formulated without many harmful ingredients which I enjoy as it seems to be more “natural”.

I originally bought this for my mom because I read some reviews on it and thought it would work great for her. She didn’t like it much and gave it to me to try.

Packaging
I enjoy the packaging of this moisturizer a lot as it is a squeeze tube therefore making it extremely hygienic and travel friendly.

Texture, Look, Scent, Overall Feel
The texture of it was a medium thick lotion, it has a slightly grey tinge to it with microbeads that break up as soon as you massage it into your skin. There is a slight scent to the product, but not overwhelming also I did not notice any sunscreen smell. It feels a little oily once applied, which I am not a big fan of as I am an oily/combo skinned girl.

Claims
It keeps me well moisturized throughout the day, but I do have to blot every now and then. It doesn’t claim to do anything to help oily/combo skin so I can’t say it did poorly at that! At the end of the day, my skin was still moisturized.
For people with fair skin, there will be a noticeable tint once massaged into your skin, but as I have light-medium skin this effect couldn’t be seen at all on my face.

Repurchase?
I would not repurchase this product as it is pricey and doesn’t do too much for my oily/combo skin.

Overall
This is a good product, but not for me. I think it would work well for people with dry to normal skin. The tint is very faint and would not show up unless you have very fair skin.

on 9/29/2015 10:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Although it oxidized on my skin and turned orange, it smelled nice, applied evenly, absorbed quickly, didn't aggravate existing breakouts or cause new ones. I didn't see any improvement either so this is just a silky tinted moisturizer that allows your skin to breathe but does not provide good shine control throughout the day despite having a nice velvety finish.

on 7/27/2015 1:20:00 PM

Love it.

My skin tans pretty well, so in the summer I'm nearly constantly changing shades. I hate buying a foundation only to have it not match in three weeks. This product is a moisturizer first, but has enough of a tint on my NC25 ish skin that I can get away with wearing it on it's own or with a bit of concealer. I do wish it had a bit more pigment, but it's not marketed as a TM so I guess it's fair. Overall, it makes my skin look healthy and the SPF is a plus.

on 7/4/2015 2:14:00 PM

I used this product on Tuesday and Wednesday. I loved the sheer tint. It's just enough to make you look like you have a healthy tan glow but not dark enough to make your face mismatch the rest of you. Unfortunately, Thursday I woke up with small red bumps all over my face and down my neck where I had used this moisturizer. Since this is the only change to my skin care and reading other people's reviews I'm forced to conclude this was the culprit. I'm so sad because I really liked this moisturizer but I'm more sad because my face looks and feels terrible.

on 5/25/2015 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this. Do I ever. It's expensive as the day is long, but it checks so many boxes. I love the smell, and it doesn't cause a reaction.

For me, the new hybrid moisturizers are a Godsend for daytime wear. I alternate between this and This Works Perfect Skin Miracle. I add a little concealer, a spot of cream blush, a swipe of mascara and a tinted balm, and I'm in business--I look fresh-faced and healthy, which is my basic objective these days. I up the ante at night, either by adding a little powder or by using Aveda's Inner Light , which has a tad more coverage.

I don't usually have sensitive skin. EVER. I am a nurse, I work 12 hours. I love fast easy products that do multiple things. This had the tint (which did match me), this had SPF, it had good ingredients, it had good moisture.

Day 1: 12 hour day shift... got very dry at the end of the day, I get home and realise my whole face has small bumps on it (only noticeable up close... and they are very uncomfortable.. almost like heat rash)

anyways, loved the way it looked on the skin, too bad I had a bad reaction to it. obviously something in it didn't agree.

oh well, back to Sephora it goes

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I received Vitazing with SPF 15 as part of my gratis. Off the bat, I did not have high expectations for the product because color changing products always turn orange on my oily skin. I was correct.

The product has a pleasant mangosteen scent. The tube packaging is nothing special but serves its purpose. Overall, Id recommend this to people with dry to normal skin, who are on the run and therefore appreciate multipurpose items, and have good skin to begin with. If you need coverage, avoid. Vitazing really is just a fancy sheer tinted moisturizer. On clients with nice skin and a medium skintone, this product really does brighten their complexion and give a nice tan. My tan friends love slapping on this product before they go to the gym to even out their skin. On oily girls like me who have trouble with foundations oxidizing though, avoid. I actually recently tried this product again and it was even worse. Not only did my face turn orange like before, but patches along my jawline turned brown. When I rubbed my finger across the dark patch, the product actually rolled off in oily pills. It was really gross. SPF 15 is not adequate protection. I definitely would not pay $44 CAD for this.

[Overall rating 1.0 | Price 1.0 | Packaging 2.0 | NO, I will not repurchase]

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

this moisturizer gave me an allergic reaction literally like 2 minutes after applying it...not fun...I don't even have sensitive skin. The origins counter manager told me it may have been the mango seed that caused it. I'm sure this stuff works good on those that aren't allergic to Mango seed...other than that, I will be staying far far farrrr away from this product.