Josie Maran Cosmetics gogo Mascara

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Josie Maran Cosmetics gogo Mascara

3.5

Aqua (Water)**, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax**, Dilinoleic Acid/Propanediol Copolymer, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Oleic Acid, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Tromethamine, Kaolin**, PVP, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil**, Beeswax (Cera Alba)**, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Stearyl Palmitate, Aloe Barbadensis (Leaf) Extract**, Lecithin, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Hexylene Glycol, Laureth-4, Panthenol, Simethicone, Sodium Carboxymethylcellulose. MAY CONTAIN: Mica (CI 77019), Iron Oxide (CI 77499), Black 2**.

on 8/29/2014 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I was on the run for an organic hypoallergenic mascara that would deliver clump-free length and I came across this one in Sephora. After using several Tarte mascaras I was very disappointed and decided to go for something else that was oil based instead. This Josie Maran mascara contains argan oil and really helped condition my lashes and make them look gorgeous. The tube looked sophisticated and very beautiful and the price was okay as well. Before using it I curled my lashes and then I applied it upwards from the base of my lashes, wiggling the wand as I went . When I first saw the wand I thought it would be a bit too big, but in the end I was wrong because the wand was able to distribute the product to the lashes near the corners of my eyes (creating a subtle butterfly effect) and separated my lashes nicely. My lashes were dark, defined and dramatic. Overall I am happy with this mascara, I only wish the lasting power was better (after a few hours the mascara flaked). I will not repurchase because I constantly switch mascaras. Next I will try the Josie Maran Black Oil mascara, which is said to be much better than this one.

Pros: Nice packaging, large wand, organic ingredients, great for allergies, delivers volume/length, reaches hard-to-reach lashes
Cons: Poor lasting power

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

If you want to comb your mascara wand through your lashes for about 50 coats which is about a full 5 minutes of doing nothing but making tiny little repetitive flicks, desperately trying to coax it to build something...anything other than the meager darkening that occurs, then this is the mascara for you! In about 5 minutes I almost achieve a natural looking medium lash look which I can easily get with a Maybelline or Cover Girl drugstore mascara in about only one coat. I don't know about you, but my morning getting ready time is precious and I need reliable products that I can apply fast and get good results. I also like the thick and dramatic lashes look in case you couldn't tell.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This mascara gives a very natural effect though you can't really layer it. It doesn't clump or anything it just doesn't add anything extra. It has a softer black finish than other mascaras removes easily, and doesn't seem to kill my lashes. The brush is a little difficult to maneuver and I think mine dried out a little to quick. I don't think I would go out of my way to buy a full size of this again since I've found some I like a bit better, but I wouldn't object to getting it in a value box. Definitely a natural looking usable mascara with no major flaws I just have others that I favor more.

on 5/1/2012 8:10:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I love this mascara! I know some reviewers didn't like the brush, but I'm a fan of big brushes, I find them easier to work with and are better for getting fluffy, volumized eyelashes! It gives a really natural look for day time, but can be layered for a more dramatic look at night. I love the packaging too, gorgeous. Josie Maran, I <3 you. HG mascara for me!!

on 4/18/2012 11:01:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

This is a good mascara, especially for a natural look, but it doesn't stay on well enough for me. I don't like the big brush, on the short wand, but I could live with that.

However, I have *extremely* oily skin, and really need a "tubing" mascara, which this one isn't. Also, I wear contacts, so I blink a lot, and my eyes are watery at times.

This mascara goes on smoothly, without clumping, separates well, is nice and black, and builds a little length and volume.However, it starts breaking down fairly readily, and that's a deal-breaker, for me. For the price, $22, I prefer to go for a more durable tubing mascara, like Cargo or Blinc.

I *do* love that Josie Maran is a cruelty-free company, and if this mascara stayed on better, it would be a real contender, for me.

I got a sample of this mascara in Sephora's Holiday LashStash Gift Set. I was initially drawn to this mascara because of the cure packaging and how the marketing claims it uses argan oil in the mascara to moisturize your lashes. The britles on the brush are large but the quality of the mascara is phenominal. The formula was lightweight enough to not weight down my lashes by the end of the day and suprisingly didn't clump during application. This mascara is more expensive but I would reccommend giving it a try!

I'm on my third tube now, and I think it's because a certain family member gives me a Sephora gift card each Christmas, and I want to spend it on an earth-friendly product I know I'll use (not to mention the Give One Get One campaign, which is awesome). Yes, the brush is chunky. Yes, the formula is gunky. It's so awkward and yucky in its application that I always have the lash comb ready to fix things afterwards. But--lo and behold--once applied and dried--surprise!--my lashes look really good. Nice thick, even fringe. No lash comb necessary. One of my secrets of application is using only the tip of the brush. This helps.

on 5/20/2011 10:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

My #1 rule when it comes to buying makeup is to never purchase high-end mascara, nail polish or eye liner because there are so many suitable formulas at the drugstore. Well, I may have to break my own rule! I'm very much into "green" and organic makeup and a lovely fellow MUAer sent me this mascara to try. I absolutely LOVE it. My lashes are very thin, sparse and practically translucent (redhead here) and this mascara makes them look practically false! It's so black and it doesn't flake or smudge at all. My lashes also seem MUCH healthier and fuller since I began using this. I'm guessing that's from the added argan oil. I hate the thought of spending $22 on a mascara. If I can't find a good substitute before I run out (thinking of trying Physician's Formula Organic mascara), I'll definitely buy some more! I'm giving it a 4 overall because the price for the amount of product you get is not ideal.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Did I buy the same mascara as everyone else? I wish I could experience these great reviews!

I pulled my brush from the tube and the wand looked totally bare. I put it back in and swirled it a bit, and then finally it had some product. Now, I always say this, but I have really long, thick, full, dark brunette lashes, and I find that it's really hard to make them look bad, unless it's Great Lash or something to that effect. So I put this on, and was immediately turned off by my result: fluffy, natural lashes, which sounds great, yes, BUT - they somehow turned into stumpy little...nothings. Basically, it looked like a long (across the eye), dark line of fur. My long lashes were gone and turned into itty bitty things! I looked like a Muppet.

Not one to give up easily, I tried working with this over and over again, and it just failed me every time. I guess if natural is the look you want, this may work, but it just didn't for me. The packaging is cute, but that's where the love stops for me. I'm going to have to give this a No in the Repurchase column.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got this in my Sephora sampler and it is one of my favorites from that sampler box. I'm actually surprised after reading the reviews that I like it so much. FYI - I have thick and short lashes that do have/hold a curl with the right products, they are very light brown and are hard to see. PROS: comparable price $22 (most high end mascara's range from approx $15 to $40 on Sephora); didn't irritate my eyes (I have sensitive eyes); made my lashes thicker/richer looking; the Argan oil is in the middle of ingredients and I think it really did moisturize my lashes; rich black color; rarely smudged (a big no no for me); not waterproof (I don't like waterproof mascara as its too hard for me to get off); came of with regular face routine. CONS: wand (I wanted to like this wand but can't-I'm going to try it with a different wand); clumping on the brush (but didn't on my lashes); didn't make my lashes look longer (I do like that in a product); would run if I cried or teared up; I think it smudged once or twice in all the times I've worn it and I wear mascara for 10+ hours in my work day. I plan on buying a large tube of this and possibly using a different wand. Its a huge deal to pass my tests - the ONLY other mascara that has passed all my testing is Hourglass Superficial.