Josie Maran Cosmetics gogo Mascara

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Josie Maran Cosmetics gogo Mascara

2.9

Aqua (Water)**, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax**, Dilinoleic Acid/Propanediol Copolymer, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Oleic Acid, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Tromethamine, Kaolin**, PVP, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil**, Beeswax (Cera Alba)**, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Stearyl Palmitate, Aloe Barbadensis (Leaf) Extract**, Lecithin, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Hexylene Glycol, Laureth-4, Panthenol, Simethicone, Sodium Carboxymethylcellulose. MAY CONTAIN: Mica (CI 77019), Iron Oxide (CI 77499), Black 2**.

on 1/27/2014 10:42:00 AM

I bought this mascara in hopes that I would not be allergic to it, as I've developed allergies to many different mascara's lately. I guess toxicity overload from so many years of using chemical makeup. So far, so good in that arena. I took off lippies, because this mascara is expensive. $25 after tax. That is EXPENSIVE in my book. It should be able to perform miracles for that kind of money. This mascara does not perform miracles. It does not give you long lashes. And may I add one more time...It is expensive. Now for some good news...it does impart dark, sooty black lashes. It's does build some volume. It does not flake or smudge. So, who knows? I may be stuck with it if I don't develop allergies where my eyes itch uncontrollably and my eyelashes fall out until at least I can find another CHEAPER mascara that can impart the same results.

on 12/15/2011 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I received this in a multi-pack of Josie Maran products. It is ok, but not great. No clumps or flaking. Does not bother my contacts. I just don't like it nearly as well as my favorite mascara.

on 9/19/2011 6:36:00 PM

I got this with a gift at Sephora and was interested to try it out and see how it did. I should never have bothered. I like a fairly natural look and it wasn't even good for that, even though I used my beloved Diorshow Maximizer which makes any mascara better I think. This was still a dud. It clumped and I didn't get any seperation, length, and definitely none of the volume that I desperately need. The Maybelline volume express in my makeup bag is 10 times the mascara for a quarter of the price of this completely useless product. This line in general tends to be a lot of hype for a bunch of products that are hugely overpriced from the beginning, including the argan oil itself. Half of an ounce of argan oil at Sephora is 14 dollars and I can get a full oz of exactly the same product from Garden of wisdom for 8 dollars and 20 cents, and don't even get me started on the fact that Josie Maran charges 48 dollars for 1.7 ozs of Argan oil and I again can get 8 ozs of the same product- also at Garden of Wisdom- for 60 dollars and 50 cents. Argan oil is a nice oil and there are actually a couple of products in this line that I like, but these kinds of prices are highway robbery!

on 8/7/2011 11:38:00 PM

I had picked up a Josie Maran gift set at sephora, and a small tube of this mascara was included. I found that I really didn't use it much as it is a very natural looking mascara and that's not what I'm looking for. However I did eventually go back to it as it makes a good lower lash mascara (doesn't clump, looks natural). A word of warning: this mascara will run like crazy at the merest hint of moisture. Also, fades off the ends of lashes. Within a short time

on 7/22/2011 8:53:00 PM

This has never clumped on me - even after owning it for months. It's a very natural looking mascara. It would be virtually undetectable if it wasn't for it's fantastic ability to hold curl. I was fairly impressed with it's lack of flaking as well. The only negative is if you touch your lashes it will smudge like crazy (at any point during the day). But if you remember not to rub your eyes, and if you're in the market for a natural, everyday look I would definitely recommend it.

on 2/5/2011 2:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Given the other positive comments on this mascara, it's possible that I got a bad tube. Because this is hands-down the WORST mascara I have ever used. It clumps and flakes like crazy. I really wanted to like it because it's a more natural option, but it's just too awful. I've used this for about 3 weeks now and I can't stand it anymore. I have long blonde lashes and this mascara clumps them all together, and it doesn't coat the whole lash from root to tip. I hate to waste product because it is not cheap, but I have to toss this and go back to Diorshow, which has never let me down.

Burns my eyes (and they're not sensitive). Comes off super easy with tears. Like the argan idea, but will not buy again. Going in the trash.

I feel like I got a completely different product than what everyone else is reviewing. Clumpy, clumpy, clumpy! It's rare that my lashes stuck together so much from a h/e mascara. Since I usually wear fake lashes, I really don't care about lengthening, thickening, or curling- I just want my lashes to be black. The cute hearts on the tube and the fact that it was for a good cause convinced me to buy it, but...the product dried so fast that I could barely comb my lashes though to separate them. I returned this one after two days. I have to say, the packaging is pretty cute, though. However, I noticed that on Sephora's tester tube, the little hearts on the handle are being rubbed off from use. Boo.

on 12/6/2010 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I really liked this mascara! I was a little reluctant because of the price but I think it's worth it now. It feels so natural on my eyelashes, it isn't heavy or crusty or clumpy at all. Gives really natural-looking volume and curl. And its moisturizing as well! Great product :)

EDIT: after a few weeks of using this, my lashes are at least 2x fuller!!!

on 11/9/2010 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is a really good mascara! And I have tried them all... literally. It creates great volume with only one application and builds fantastic volume with more. It is easy to take off at night too. Only down side is the product clumps on the brush - I just wipe if off with a tissue and it's fine - but still, annoying.

I really love that it's very natural, no parabans, made with argon oil and gives to charity.
Josie Maran is overall a good ethical brand so I enjoy her products, my only wish for this mascara is that is vegan. But that's hard to come by...

Love it! Try it.