Josie Maran Cosmetics gogo Mascara

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Josie Maran Cosmetics gogo Mascara

3.1

Aqua (Water)**, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax**, Dilinoleic Acid/Propanediol Copolymer, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Oleic Acid, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Tromethamine, Kaolin**, PVP, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil**, Beeswax (Cera Alba)**, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Stearyl Palmitate, Aloe Barbadensis (Leaf) Extract**, Lecithin, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Hexylene Glycol, Laureth-4, Panthenol, Simethicone, Sodium Carboxymethylcellulose. MAY CONTAIN: Mica (CI 77019), Iron Oxide (CI 77499), Black 2**.

on 2/17/2015 5:24:00 AM

This has become one of my favorite mascaras for being easy to apply and layer with the least spider-leg effect, for leaving my lashes soft and conditioned while wearing it, and for being easy to remove compared to almost every mascara I have tried, except for the Neutrogena Healthy Volume Mascara (both are infused with oils, which I'm guessing is why they're easier to remove).

Most mascaras I can only layer twice before I get a spider-leg look on my short and sparse lashes, but with Josie Maran's GOGO mascara, I can layer 3 and still not have the spider-leg results--just visibly lengthened and volumized lashes. This does transfer/wipe off easily so I wouldn't ever wear it when it's humid, raining, or during dramatic events, but I love that I'm not pulling lashes off when I take it off. As long as it's not immersed in moisture and nothing touches my eyes, it wears all day.

Unfortunately this doesn't seem to be carried by JosieMaranCosmetics.com or Sephora anymore, so it's a little more elusive to obtain for a fair price--at MSRP $20ish, I think it's a little steep and some vendors are hiking the price up to $30. Neutrogena's Healthy Volume Mascara is the most similar mascara I've tried and it's $7, so as much as I like Josie's (and it looks so much nicer... Neutrogena's mascara looks disgustingly cheap), I'll take the lower price for a similar product any day.

on 8/29/2014 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I was on the run for an organic hypoallergenic mascara that would deliver clump-free length and I came across this one in Sephora. After using several Tarte mascaras I was very disappointed and decided to go for something else that was oil based instead. This Josie Maran mascara contains argan oil and really helped condition my lashes and make them look gorgeous. The tube looked sophisticated and very beautiful and the price was okay as well. Before using it I curled my lashes and then I applied it upwards from the base of my lashes, wiggling the wand as I went . When I first saw the wand I thought it would be a bit too big, but in the end I was wrong because the wand was able to distribute the product to the lashes near the corners of my eyes (creating a subtle butterfly effect) and separated my lashes nicely. My lashes were dark, defined and dramatic. Overall I am happy with this mascara, I only wish the lasting power was better (after a few hours the mascara flaked). I will not repurchase because I constantly switch mascaras. Next I will try the Josie Maran Black Oil mascara, which is said to be much better than this one.

Pros: Nice packaging, large wand, organic ingredients, great for allergies, delivers volume/length, reaches hard-to-reach lashes
Cons: Poor lasting power

on 5/25/2014 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I returned it at sephora: For $22 this mascara has no wow factor when applied. It wont make your lashes look fuller if that's what you are looking for. There are better drugstore mascaras.

I have long lashes so any mascara works. I do like that this one has natural ingridients, comes off super easy with just water, doesn't flake, and does not irritate my eyes.

I am on the lookout to try a cheaper natural brand for next time.

If you are looking for a good mascara try lash blast by CG, or Lancolm's Hypnose Star.

on 1/28/2014 10:22:00 PM

Pros: totally volumizing, waterproof, black as night, I loved it, still good after 3 months of every other day use, only $20 not too bad for sephora

Cons: ehh it's good and I'd buy it again but I'm still looking for my HG mascara. I like it but am not in love with it.
It takes too many wipes to take off each eye.

on 1/27/2014 10:42:00 AM

I bought this mascara in hopes that I would not be allergic to it, as I've developed allergies to many different mascara's lately. I guess toxicity overload from so many years of using chemical makeup. So far, so good in that arena. I took off lippies, because this mascara is expensive. $25 after tax. That is EXPENSIVE in my book. It should be able to perform miracles for that kind of money. This mascara does not perform miracles. It does not give you long lashes. And may I add one more time...It is expensive. Now for some good news...it does impart dark, sooty black lashes. It's does build some volume. It does not flake or smudge. So, who knows? I may be stuck with it if I don't develop allergies where my eyes itch uncontrollably and my eyelashes fall out until at least I can find another CHEAPER mascara that can impart the same results.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

If you want to comb your mascara wand through your lashes for about 50 coats which is about a full 5 minutes of doing nothing but making tiny little repetitive flicks, desperately trying to coax it to build something...anything other than the meager darkening that occurs, then this is the mascara for you! In about 5 minutes I almost achieve a natural looking medium lash look which I can easily get with a Maybelline or Cover Girl drugstore mascara in about only one coat. I don't know about you, but my morning getting ready time is precious and I need reliable products that I can apply fast and get good results. I also like the thick and dramatic lashes look in case you couldn't tell.

on 7/28/2012 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This mascara did absolutely nothing for my lashes. It did not volumize or lengthen. The only thing this mascara did was make my lashes look slightly fuller and darker. I would not recommend this mascara if you are wanting dramatic results. The only way i would recommend this mascara is if you are looking for a 'natural' mascara that gives back. Apparently the GOGO means get one give one, and they donate money to a charity for every mascara that is sold.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I'm sorry. I really wanted to like this mascara. But I just don't. The problem? It doesn't do anything. Despite the super cute packaging and promising, thick brush. It does nothing. Let me explain.

When you comb the wand through your lashes, nothing happens. Nothing builds. I rememeber one day I was late for school, and this was the mascara I threw in my bag. I left class a little later to go to the bathroom to finish reapplying my makeup. I was in the bathroom for 20 minutes trying to make this mascara do something.

It adds a slight color, but really takes forever to build up. I see a tiny bit of volume, barely any length, and the smallest amount of color. This is ridiculous. Maybe I got a bad tube? But this was awful. I don't know how good the formula is, because in all honesty, the wand just doesn't apply it well to the lashes. I'll use it till it's gone, but not on days when I want my lashes to look even remotely did. Translation- my next stay at home day.

on 4/22/2012 8:31:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Ahh...my first mascara...I still remember nively walking into sephora wide-eyed when I was 13 with my friend, being whisked into the path of a saleswoman with an eye for newbies. She recommended this one, and I didn't kno anything about makeup then. All I knew was my mom had told me you 'pay for quality', so I tried not to flinch too much when I threw down the $20. Now, a couple of years later, i see this super old, crusty mascara in the back of my bathroom cupboards. Its too old for anything, but I still remember How it worked:

It's expensive even now ($20+), however it's for a good cause. For every mascara you buy, a mascara will be donated to a cancer patient or survivor. I believe its after a certain amount of mascaras have been donated, then ur money simply goes to an organisation (city of hope? I'm really not sure, I'm sorry for sounding ignorant.) so it's for a good cause, it's cruelty free, it has argan oil, it's natural. The brush is a huge bristle one, which I LOVE and then the formula...It's a nice black color, and looks SUPER natural. It really only tinted my eyelashes black, and it flakes. Plus, even though I wa too inept for a lash curler back then, this mascara didn't give me any curl. No length, no volume...:I don't see why pay $20 to look like u have dark lashes. I guess this old mascara is finally going into the trash.

on 4/18/2012 8:10:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This was just OK on lengthening and thickening. A little more edge for an everyday mascara. It builds nicely. Hard to seperate lashes w/ the brush once they stick together though.