Josie Maran Cosmetics gogo Mascara

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Josie Maran Cosmetics gogo Mascara

Aqua (Water)**, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax**, Dilinoleic Acid/Propanediol Copolymer, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Oleic Acid, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Tromethamine, Kaolin**, PVP, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil**, Beeswax (Cera Alba)**, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Stearyl Palmitate, Aloe Barbadensis (Leaf) Extract**, Lecithin, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Hexylene Glycol, Laureth-4, Panthenol, Simethicone, Sodium Carboxymethylcellulose. MAY CONTAIN: Mica (CI 77019), Iron Oxide (CI 77499), Black 2**.

on 5/20/2011 10:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

My #1 rule when it comes to buying makeup is to never purchase high-end mascara, nail polish or eye liner because there are so many suitable formulas at the drugstore. Well, I may have to break my own rule! I'm very much into "green" and organic makeup and a lovely fellow MUAer sent me this mascara to try. I absolutely LOVE it. My lashes are very thin, sparse and practically translucent (redhead here) and this mascara makes them look practically false! It's so black and it doesn't flake or smudge at all. My lashes also seem MUCH healthier and fuller since I began using this. I'm guessing that's from the added argan oil. I hate the thought of spending $22 on a mascara. If I can't find a good substitute before I run out (thinking of trying Physician's Formula Organic mascara), I'll definitely buy some more! I'm giving it a 4 overall because the price for the amount of product you get is not ideal.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got this in my Sephora sampler and it is one of my favorites from that sampler box. I'm actually surprised after reading the reviews that I like it so much. FYI - I have thick and short lashes that do have/hold a curl with the right products, they are very light brown and are hard to see. PROS: comparable price $22 (most high end mascara's range from approx $15 to $40 on Sephora); didn't irritate my eyes (I have sensitive eyes); made my lashes thicker/richer looking; the Argan oil is in the middle of ingredients and I think it really did moisturize my lashes; rich black color; rarely smudged (a big no no for me); not waterproof (I don't like waterproof mascara as its too hard for me to get off); came of with regular face routine. CONS: wand (I wanted to like this wand but can't-I'm going to try it with a different wand); clumping on the brush (but didn't on my lashes); didn't make my lashes look longer (I do like that in a product); would run if I cried or teared up; I think it smudged once or twice in all the times I've worn it and I wear mascara for 10+ hours in my work day. I plan on buying a large tube of this and possibly using a different wand. Its a huge deal to pass my tests - the ONLY other mascara that has passed all my testing is Hourglass Superficial.

on 12/6/2010 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I really liked this mascara! I was a little reluctant because of the price but I think it's worth it now. It feels so natural on my eyelashes, it isn't heavy or crusty or clumpy at all. Gives really natural-looking volume and curl. And its moisturizing as well! Great product :)

EDIT: after a few weeks of using this, my lashes are at least 2x fuller!!!

on 10/30/2010 12:09:00 PM

I love the look and texture of my lashes with this mascara. I love the packaging and the fact that my eyelashes are supposed to be moisturized by wearing this mascara.

However, this smudges above and below my eyes - I even changed concealer during the few weeks I've been using this - but I have to rub the smudges off a few times a day which is definitely now what I want to be doing while paying $22.00 for mascara.

I noticed that this stays on otherwise and is a little difficult to wash off after wearing; I use Klorane eye makeup remover and have to work at it.

All in all - this product had great potential but I am not going to be buying it again.

on 10/3/2010 1:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium

I also got this in the "Love Nest" set. I used it on the tips of my lashes to add some color. For some reason, as I have gotten older, I have lost color to the ends of my lashes. Anyway, this worked very well for that. The color is VERY black. I did have a couple flakes at the end of the day, but no eye irritation. The other products in the set are a bit warm toned and I'm cooler toned, but I like the Argan oil.