Josie Maran Cosmetics gogo Mascara

Josie Maran Cosmetics gogo Mascara

3.0

Aqua (Water)**, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax**, Dilinoleic Acid/Propanediol Copolymer, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Oleic Acid, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Tromethamine, Kaolin**, PVP, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil**, Beeswax (Cera Alba)**, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Stearyl Palmitate, Aloe Barbadensis (Leaf) Extract**, Lecithin, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Hexylene Glycol, Laureth-4, Panthenol, Simethicone, Sodium Carboxymethylcellulose. MAY CONTAIN: Mica (CI 77019), Iron Oxide (CI 77499), Black 2**.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I'm sorry. I really wanted to like this mascara. But I just don't. The problem? It doesn't do anything. Despite the super cute packaging and promising, thick brush. It does nothing. Let me explain.

When you comb the wand through your lashes, nothing happens. Nothing builds. I rememeber one day I was late for school, and this was the mascara I threw in my bag. I left class a little later to go to the bathroom to finish reapplying my makeup. I was in the bathroom for 20 minutes trying to make this mascara do something.

It adds a slight color, but really takes forever to build up. I see a tiny bit of volume, barely any length, and the smallest amount of color. This is ridiculous. Maybe I got a bad tube? But this was awful. I don't know how good the formula is, because in all honesty, the wand just doesn't apply it well to the lashes. I'll use it till it's gone, but not on days when I want my lashes to look even remotely did. Translation- my next stay at home day.

on 7/28/2012 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This mascara did absolutely nothing for my lashes. It did not volumize or lengthen. The only thing this mascara did was make my lashes look slightly fuller and darker. I would not recommend this mascara if you are wanting dramatic results. The only way i would recommend this mascara is if you are looking for a 'natural' mascara that gives back. Apparently the GOGO means get one give one, and they donate money to a charity for every mascara that is sold.

on 2/17/2012 10:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Now dont get me wrong this product is fine but it isn't for me. When I buy mascara I'm looking for length, volume, definition and a good pigmentation. Now I know that's a lot to ask. This mascara, for me, only defines my lashes and makes them slightly darker. It's great to use if you are looking to do a very natural makeup look but if you like your lashes to have a little more ummph this is not for you. I do use this on days where I barely wear any makeup and just want to throw on some mascara but otherwise I never use it because it just doesn't cut it for me.

on 5/30/2011 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

CLUMP CITY! I luckily have long, thick lashes naturally but lack any curl whatsoever. I don't ask much in a mascara, just that it lifts and separates (like a bra for my lashes, LOL) and darkens my faded-black lashes. This mascara gave me spidery-looking lashes that were a PITA to separate with a spoolie brush, and ran with the slightest bit of water. I wear contacts so this is a NO GO. I love the charity behind GOGO but couldn't stand this mascara. Returned.

on 2/17/2015 5:24:00 AM

This has become one of my favorite mascaras for being easy to apply and layer with the least spider-leg effect, for leaving my lashes soft and conditioned while wearing it, and for being easy to remove compared to almost every mascara I have tried, except for the Neutrogena Healthy Volume Mascara (both are infused with oils, which I'm guessing is why they're easier to remove).

Most mascaras I can only layer twice before I get a spider-leg look on my short and sparse lashes, but with Josie Maran's GOGO mascara, I can layer 3 and still not have the spider-leg results--just visibly lengthened and volumized lashes. This does transfer/wipe off easily so I wouldn't ever wear it when it's humid, raining, or during dramatic events, but I love that I'm not pulling lashes off when I take it off. As long as it's not immersed in moisture and nothing touches my eyes, it wears all day.

Unfortunately this doesn't seem to be carried by JosieMaranCosmetics.com or Sephora anymore, so it's a little more elusive to obtain for a fair price--at MSRP $20ish, I think it's a little steep and some vendors are hiking the price up to $30. Neutrogena's Healthy Volume Mascara is the most similar mascara I've tried and it's $7, so as much as I like Josie's (and it looks so much nicer... Neutrogena's mascara looks disgustingly cheap), I'll take the lower price for a similar product any day.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

If you want to comb your mascara wand through your lashes for about 50 coats which is about a full 5 minutes of doing nothing but making tiny little repetitive flicks, desperately trying to coax it to build something...anything other than the meager darkening that occurs, then this is the mascara for you! In about 5 minutes I almost achieve a natural looking medium lash look which I can easily get with a Maybelline or Cover Girl drugstore mascara in about only one coat. I don't know about you, but my morning getting ready time is precious and I need reliable products that I can apply fast and get good results. I also like the thick and dramatic lashes look in case you couldn't tell.

on 3/5/2013 12:45:00 PM

This product did nothing for my lashes. It promises volume and length but it gives nothing but shiny clumpy lashes. Would not repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This mascara gives a very natural effect though you can't really layer it. It doesn't clump or anything it just doesn't add anything extra. It has a softer black finish than other mascaras removes easily, and doesn't seem to kill my lashes. The brush is a little difficult to maneuver and I think mine dried out a little to quick. I don't think I would go out of my way to buy a full size of this again since I've found some I like a bit better, but I wouldn't object to getting it in a value box. Definitely a natural looking usable mascara with no major flaws I just have others that I favor more.

on 4/22/2012 8:31:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Ahh...my first mascara...I still remember nively walking into sephora wide-eyed when I was 13 with my friend, being whisked into the path of a saleswoman with an eye for newbies. She recommended this one, and I didn't kno anything about makeup then. All I knew was my mom had told me you 'pay for quality', so I tried not to flinch too much when I threw down the $20. Now, a couple of years later, i see this super old, crusty mascara in the back of my bathroom cupboards. Its too old for anything, but I still remember How it worked:

It's expensive even now ($20+), however it's for a good cause. For every mascara you buy, a mascara will be donated to a cancer patient or survivor. I believe its after a certain amount of mascaras have been donated, then ur money simply goes to an organisation (city of hope? I'm really not sure, I'm sorry for sounding ignorant.) so it's for a good cause, it's cruelty free, it has argan oil, it's natural. The brush is a huge bristle one, which I LOVE and then the formula...It's a nice black color, and looks SUPER natural. It really only tinted my eyelashes black, and it flakes. Plus, even though I wa too inept for a lash curler back then, this mascara didn't give me any curl. No length, no volume...:I don't see why pay $20 to look like u have dark lashes. I guess this old mascara is finally going into the trash.

on 4/18/2012 11:01:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

This is a good mascara, especially for a natural look, but it doesn't stay on well enough for me. I don't like the big brush, on the short wand, but I could live with that.

However, I have *extremely* oily skin, and really need a "tubing" mascara, which this one isn't. Also, I wear contacts, so I blink a lot, and my eyes are watery at times.

This mascara goes on smoothly, without clumping, separates well, is nice and black, and builds a little length and volume.However, it starts breaking down fairly readily, and that's a deal-breaker, for me. For the price, $22, I prefer to go for a more durable tubing mascara, like Cargo or Blinc.

I *do* love that Josie Maran is a cruelty-free company, and if this mascara stayed on better, it would be a real contender, for me.