Josie Maran Cosmetics gogo Mascara

Filtered by age: 36-43
Josie Maran Cosmetics gogo Mascara

3.1

Aqua (Water)**, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax**, Dilinoleic Acid/Propanediol Copolymer, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Oleic Acid, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Tromethamine, Kaolin**, PVP, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil**, Beeswax (Cera Alba)**, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Stearyl Palmitate, Aloe Barbadensis (Leaf) Extract**, Lecithin, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Hexylene Glycol, Laureth-4, Panthenol, Simethicone, Sodium Carboxymethylcellulose. MAY CONTAIN: Mica (CI 77019), Iron Oxide (CI 77499), Black 2**.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I am disappointed with this mascara. It is very clumpy. I found that the brush is terrible and way too big. Very hard to apply a nice coat without clumping and sticky lashes. I had high hopes but they fell fast. Will be returning it at Sephora soon.

I'm on my third tube now, and I think it's because a certain family member gives me a Sephora gift card each Christmas, and I want to spend it on an earth-friendly product I know I'll use (not to mention the Give One Get One campaign, which is awesome). Yes, the brush is chunky. Yes, the formula is gunky. It's so awkward and yucky in its application that I always have the lash comb ready to fix things afterwards. But--lo and behold--once applied and dried--surprise!--my lashes look really good. Nice thick, even fringe. No lash comb necessary. One of my secrets of application is using only the tip of the brush. This helps.

on 12/12/2011 11:23:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I was disappointed in this mascara. It gives a lightly clumpy look, almost grainy, if you know what I mean. The brush is too fat and too short for my lashes. The brush delivers too much product. All around, this was a major FAIL. I used it for a week, but couldn't take it anymore and chucked it. Too bad too, as I love all things Argan and really like the Josie Maran brand.

on 8/7/2011 11:38:00 PM

I had picked up a Josie Maran gift set at sephora, and a small tube of this mascara was included. I found that I really didn't use it much as it is a very natural looking mascara and that's not what I'm looking for. However I did eventually go back to it as it makes a good lower lash mascara (doesn't clump, looks natural). A word of warning: this mascara will run like crazy at the merest hint of moisture. Also, fades off the ends of lashes. Within a short time

on 6/26/2011 10:30:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Got this in the Sephora mascara sampler set and the first couple of times I tried it I wasnt impressed, it seemed like i had to apply several times before it showed up. However I think it just needed time for the mascara to build up on the bristles of the brush in order for it to work well. Now it only takes a couple of coats to show up, doesnt clump and holds a curl. Im very impressed and may repurchase this since its more natural than my other fav mascaras and its for a charity also.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got this in my Sephora sampler and it is one of my favorites from that sampler box. I'm actually surprised after reading the reviews that I like it so much. FYI - I have thick and short lashes that do have/hold a curl with the right products, they are very light brown and are hard to see. PROS: comparable price $22 (most high end mascara's range from approx $15 to $40 on Sephora); didn't irritate my eyes (I have sensitive eyes); made my lashes thicker/richer looking; the Argan oil is in the middle of ingredients and I think it really did moisturize my lashes; rich black color; rarely smudged (a big no no for me); not waterproof (I don't like waterproof mascara as its too hard for me to get off); came of with regular face routine. CONS: wand (I wanted to like this wand but can't-I'm going to try it with a different wand); clumping on the brush (but didn't on my lashes); didn't make my lashes look longer (I do like that in a product); would run if I cried or teared up; I think it smudged once or twice in all the times I've worn it and I wear mascara for 10+ hours in my work day. I plan on buying a large tube of this and possibly using a different wand. Its a huge deal to pass my tests - the ONLY other mascara that has passed all my testing is Hourglass Superficial.

on 11/2/2010 9:08:00 PM

What a beautifully, dark, rich color of black. This makes my lashes look so dark and glossy (hard to find these days in a mascara). The formula has Argan Oil in it and it really seems to keep my lashes soft, but yet gives them some drama. At first, I wondered if this was worth $29 CDN and so far, I have to say it is! I think in this case, you get what pay for!

UPDATE: This mascara is super runny and smudges like crazy. I am dropping down one lippie from a 4 to a 3.