Josie Maran Cosmetics gogo Mascara

Filtered by age: 18 & Under
Josie Maran Cosmetics gogo Mascara

3.0

Aqua (Water)**, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax**, Dilinoleic Acid/Propanediol Copolymer, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Oleic Acid, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Tromethamine, Kaolin**, PVP, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil**, Beeswax (Cera Alba)**, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Stearyl Palmitate, Aloe Barbadensis (Leaf) Extract**, Lecithin, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Hexylene Glycol, Laureth-4, Panthenol, Simethicone, Sodium Carboxymethylcellulose. MAY CONTAIN: Mica (CI 77019), Iron Oxide (CI 77499), Black 2**.

on 8/29/2014 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I was on the run for an organic hypoallergenic mascara that would deliver clump-free length and I came across this one in Sephora. After using several Tarte mascaras I was very disappointed and decided to go for something else that was oil based instead. This Josie Maran mascara contains argan oil and really helped condition my lashes and make them look gorgeous. The tube looked sophisticated and very beautiful and the price was okay as well. Before using it I curled my lashes and then I applied it upwards from the base of my lashes, wiggling the wand as I went . When I first saw the wand I thought it would be a bit too big, but in the end I was wrong because the wand was able to distribute the product to the lashes near the corners of my eyes (creating a subtle butterfly effect) and separated my lashes nicely. My lashes were dark, defined and dramatic. Overall I am happy with this mascara, I only wish the lasting power was better (after a few hours the mascara flaked). I will not repurchase because I constantly switch mascaras. Next I will try the Josie Maran Black Oil mascara, which is said to be much better than this one.

Pros: Nice packaging, large wand, organic ingredients, great for allergies, delivers volume/length, reaches hard-to-reach lashes
Cons: Poor lasting power

I received this mascara in a Sephora set. I have the mini version and the packaging is really cute with the little hearts, but this mascara just didn't work me. It didn't give me any volume or really much of anything.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I'm sorry. I really wanted to like this mascara. But I just don't. The problem? It doesn't do anything. Despite the super cute packaging and promising, thick brush. It does nothing. Let me explain.

When you comb the wand through your lashes, nothing happens. Nothing builds. I rememeber one day I was late for school, and this was the mascara I threw in my bag. I left class a little later to go to the bathroom to finish reapplying my makeup. I was in the bathroom for 20 minutes trying to make this mascara do something.

It adds a slight color, but really takes forever to build up. I see a tiny bit of volume, barely any length, and the smallest amount of color. This is ridiculous. Maybe I got a bad tube? But this was awful. I don't know how good the formula is, because in all honesty, the wand just doesn't apply it well to the lashes. I'll use it till it's gone, but not on days when I want my lashes to look even remotely did. Translation- my next stay at home day.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This mascara gives a very natural effect though you can't really layer it. It doesn't clump or anything it just doesn't add anything extra. It has a softer black finish than other mascaras removes easily, and doesn't seem to kill my lashes. The brush is a little difficult to maneuver and I think mine dried out a little to quick. I don't think I would go out of my way to buy a full size of this again since I've found some I like a bit better, but I wouldn't object to getting it in a value box. Definitely a natural looking usable mascara with no major flaws I just have others that I favor more.

on 4/22/2012 8:31:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Ahh...my first mascara...I still remember nively walking into sephora wide-eyed when I was 13 with my friend, being whisked into the path of a saleswoman with an eye for newbies. She recommended this one, and I didn't kno anything about makeup then. All I knew was my mom had told me you 'pay for quality', so I tried not to flinch too much when I threw down the $20. Now, a couple of years later, i see this super old, crusty mascara in the back of my bathroom cupboards. Its too old for anything, but I still remember How it worked:

It's expensive even now ($20+), however it's for a good cause. For every mascara you buy, a mascara will be donated to a cancer patient or survivor. I believe its after a certain amount of mascaras have been donated, then ur money simply goes to an organisation (city of hope? I'm really not sure, I'm sorry for sounding ignorant.) so it's for a good cause, it's cruelty free, it has argan oil, it's natural. The brush is a huge bristle one, which I LOVE and then the formula...It's a nice black color, and looks SUPER natural. It really only tinted my eyelashes black, and it flakes. Plus, even though I wa too inept for a lash curler back then, this mascara didn't give me any curl. No length, no volume...:I don't see why pay $20 to look like u have dark lashes. I guess this old mascara is finally going into the trash.