Givenchy Play for Her

Givenchy Play for Her

3.9

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I like this on summer days, as it is more of a fresh scent, but still enjoyable. I have EDT and it lasts around 2h. I bought it on sale blindly but it turned out being a nice fragrance. I won't but it again because I'm not a crazy fan. Also, I really don't like the packaging, which for me it can be a turn off.

on 7/4/2014 6:23:00 AM

I bought this because I liked the unusual fun bottle and the name. The scent itself is sweet and pleasant but very boring and unforgettable.

on 2/17/2014 8:35:00 AM

Can't seem to decide on this one. I have been using a sample for the last 2 days and still haven't made up my mind. It's very nice, doesn't last on my skin but is great on my hair and lasts until the next day shower, but I suppose this scent is just sort of....forgettable? Warm, pleasant, no big personality.
I'm thinking of using a tiny bit of patchouli oil along with it, it might give it some depth and uniqueness.
I find the EDP bottle a little tacky and for me personally not attractive, but the EDT has a fresh white bottle that gradually goes transparent towards the bottom of it, simple and clean and I like that bottle much more.

on 1/10/2014 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I've always loved Givenchy Play for Her (pink bottle), and I'm wearing it now. I also own the Play Intense for Her (purple bottle), which is also very good, but I prefer the original. Both came out in 2010.

I knew immediately, when I first tested Play, that this is my kind of floral -- a soft smooth woody white-musk -- along the same lines as CK Truth, Bulgari Omnia Crystalline, D&G Feminine -- soft, woody, white-musky -- mixed with light delicious notes -- just mmmmm ....

Here are the Play notes, per parfumo.net:

Top Notes: African orange blossom, Pink pepper
Heart Notes: Balsamo tree, Orchid, Tiare
Base Notes: Benzoin, Musk, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Tonka bean

A soft, smooth, mild, slightly sweet, woody, skin-musky scent -- the kind that draws people in closer. I love inhaling this scent, so soft and delicious. The bottle is pink and shaped like an IPod -- the only trouble being -- you can't see how much you have left!

I also own Play Intense, which is also very good (but I prefer original, it's lighter & sweeter & muskier) -- many women love Intense more than the original. Intense reminds me of Estee Lauder Sensuous Noir or Gucci Guilty Intense. Play Intense has quite a bit more dark notes added -- it's more woody than original.

Here are the Play Intense notes, per parfumo.net:

Top Notes: Orange blossom, Pepper, Pink pepper
Heart Notes: Magnolia, Orchid, Tiare
Base Notes: Benzoin, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Tonka bean

Play Intense has practically the same notes as original Play, and I think the main difference is in the proportion in which they're used. There seem to be more of the dark basenotes added to the Intense -- it's deeper, richer, and more woody than the original Play, but still smooth.

If they've been discontinued, I think it might be because they were improperly named and bottled. I don't like the name "Play" -- I think it's a misnomer -- I don't find the scents "playful" -- rather, they're very sensuous. Both project and last well, but unfortunately they have totally opaque bottles -- so you can't see how much you have left!

on 1/8/2014 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Nothing out of the ordinary in this one for me. It's a nice fragrance but nothing amazing on my skin. I like it but not that much. I would not purchase.

on 11/5/2013 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Play for Her has a really spicy woodsy but feminine scent that smells great for fall. I got it as a gift from my ex-boyfriend and have just used it for this season. I dropped it on accident not even a hard fall or anything and the case got a big crack in it. I think the Ipod-ness of the case is cute but could have looked a lot better. Another con is that I really don't think the scent lasts long AT ALL. The only time I've been complimented on it is immediately after putting it on. After about 5 - 10 minutes it is like you haven't even sprayed yourself.

on 4/5/2013 4:11:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine

I liked this scent so so much I bought it after sampling it a few times, this is a terribly chic scent, although may seem too girly the woodsy accord in my skin makes it smell very mature, overall very alluring. I chose this over la petite robe noir (too sticky sweet, although the smoky quality is very well rendered, still too powdery) ysl parisienne (I love iiiit, didn't buy it because it's way too fresh for winter) and tresor midnight rose (I may aswell buy it but I'm struggling over the initial spray -smells very cheap and normal idk). This is sweet, but not too much, its fresh, but not OH SO FRESH like parisienne, very suitable for fall and winter because it has a warm-like quality that I really like. I'm overall very impressed by this perfume, it gets lots of compliments on me, I make it last hoooours by applying the scented lotion on my pressure points and then spraying the perfiume there. My boyfriend loves this stuff so I can't be more happy with it, I remember myself trying not to like it because of the overall hate, but this is a very well done perfume. I'll rebuy until everybody tells me to stop using it. It's pure love in a -tacky but RESISTENT (a winner regarding packaging)- bottle! I can't rave enough, I just feel so ravishing every time I put this on I might aswell burst into a million pieces out of sheer anoyance because this is simply underrated. Well, more for those of us that enjoy it *-*

on 11/27/2012 10:30:00 AM

My signature scent. :) My only gripe is that it doesn't last long, but if I spray some on my hair, the smell stays on till the next day :) sweet, subtle, addictive, alluring, makes me wanna faint and go to heaven every time.

i loove this perfume its like sweet and spicy i was very skeptical at first i thought that it would be this sickly sweet, too strong purfume i tried a sample of the purfume and its really spicy at first and later on it turns really sweet. i love the packaging and i dropped it a few times a little scratch here and there but its unharmed.

i wore this to work a few times and i got alot of compliments on it

and at school to. im more of a dolce gabbana, baby phat, ed hardy britney spears kinda girl. its a big change im already on my second bottle i try saving it dont want it to go to waste

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love the smell of this so much. On me, it smells really fresh and clean, almost like fresh laundry. I always get compliments when I wear it. The other thing that is so great about this is the bottle. It's perfect for carrying around in your purse because there's no lid that will fall off and the material it's made out of is pretty heavy duty. I've even dropped this a few times and aside from a few scratches, it's completely unharmed. I will definitely continue to purchase this.

Popular Fragrances